Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Any IRC or discord for finding games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I opened a Black Widow, who wants to shoot things with me? Add Nephzinho.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

What is a good build for the Angara Avenger? Just got him and am running it with the Widow, so skills are pretty irrelevant for Bronze.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Skippy McPants posted:

Here's the build from the guy who solo'ed gold with one. Personally, I might go for a few more points in the Sticky Grenade at the expense of Stealth Grid. but that's only relevant for a Rank X build. The non-maxed build he posted should do you fine.

Also, drop the Sniper Rifle and equip the best SMG you've got. Your basic attack sequence is to Strike in and use the 5s sun to unload a bunch of bullets and grenades. If you really want to dump, then your biggest alpha strike is Stealth Grid > Avenger Strike > All your Grenades > Empty weapon clip > Stealth Grid out. It's resource intensive, but I can strip more than half the health off of a Hydra mech with the full combo and it will outright kill anything that isn't a mini-boss.

Fake Edit: Oh, and take heed. There's a bug with Stealth Grid that causes it to end early if you're not hosting the game. Booooo!

Cool, thanks. And yeah I have a rank 6 Avenger with the Widow. Just throwing all my money at cheap crates to try to thin out the pool.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Avenger + Charger VII = hilarity. Could really use that Juggernaut shield and some more grenade charges though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Is there a Geth White Gold equivalent yet?

I did a gold last night on Derelict where we just sat in the basement. It didn't seem like anything but dogs and mechs would come downstairs

Also, krogan on silver effing rules:
http://i.imgur.com/MxfLRRM.gifv

Is there a way to turn down the bloodshot effect? It looks much, much redder on my screen and the whole screen has a red hue instead of just the eye-veins. Pretty tempted to avoid Krogan with how terrible that effect looks on my computer.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Digirat posted:

Don't forget the epileptic seizure-inducing flashing when the effect is about to wear off.

Seriously how did testers think that was ok, it is flat-out painful and makes me squint or close my eyes when it happens

Alternate answer: never let it wear off. But yes, I had to look away and haven't gone back to playing Krogan Vanguard since the one game I got Rage.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ambaire posted:

This guy over on Reddit opened 600 premium packs and posted his results. He said he got 139 ultra rares for an average rate of ~23%. Or about 800 packs total to max all ultra rares...

This just makes me feel like I've got poo poo luck, I haven't opened nearly that many ultra rares.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

I passed on thermal clips, because what build would rather than the straight damage buffs?

All I can think of is some turbocharge gimmick that never wants to stop firing.

We've got more than enough Mission Funds to get them incase they turn out to be useful after a gun buff or they just take a while to come back. Once you get 2-3 teams its really just a matter of remembering to send them out. I'm away for the week and am just using the mobile app to rack that poo poo up. No reason not to get all equpment.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ambaire posted:

I can think of a few reasons, some more conditionals.
They don't know that the starting weapons are crap and think they can pull their weight with them in silver/gold.
They're looking for a carry.
They're trying to complete an apex mission and don't know that much about the different difficulties yet.
They're new to the game and just seeing what it's about. Like.. how much harder can silver/gold be than Bronze, really? a holy fuckton

Or
They have some OP guns and/or good guns and rank X character level and can carry their own weight despite being low level. I've done random gold queues before with level 1 characters and gotten into games that were already going and done well on the scoreboard because I took some OP weapons and boosters. heh.

Yeah i did a gold easily with a level 1 rank X vanguard because lol. I imagine you can gold level 1 with anything if you have vanq X. Really, if the person's apex rating isn't terrible you can probably reasonably trust their judgment on what they can bring. Granted that number is going to be rising with every week that pubbies grind bronze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So I'll be playing my Switch, see ya'll next patch.

• Locked thread