Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Is there a PC Discord channel for this set up? Been running silver missions to mixed results, depending on whether or not my teammates bring their level 1 guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm TastyLemonDrops on Origin. Playing right now, so add me!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Ascendant sync kills are the ones people should complain least about. You can actually dodge out of it before you get synced because there's a huge tell it's about to happen to you, at least from what I've noticed: the ground around you glows kinda orange and if you're still in it when it triggers, you get grabbed. There is definitely enough time to dash out, but the timing is really tight and you might not notice the orange in the heat of battle.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
It definitely helps to run with a team that communicates. I was an asari adept, so I was just running around with a shield restoring annhilation field, and everyone just ran with me detonating 24/7. Silver is a cakewalk for me now, as long as my teammates are willing to use rockets instead of hoarding them. I've just been buying basic packs non-stop, and I am completely baffled by the fact that apparently characters can level past V after unlocking all the aesthetic stuff.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Does anyone know if area effects will trigger every single primer if everyone is within the area, or is it just on the main target?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Thanks. Anyone have thoughts on +30% all combo damage and all combo radius vs 20% defense debuff on biotic affected enemies? How does that stack with Annihilation Field's 20%? Is it additive or multiplicative?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
If you have garbage guns and no classes above the starters, I'd say Adept, Engineer and Sentinel are good, in that order.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Skippy McPants posted:

But the Adept's cooldowns are so looooong, and Shockwave is a garbage power for garbage people :(

Shockwave was definitely garbage in ME3, but I haven't looked at it in Andromeda; I'm expecting it's still bad. I'm suggesting Adept mostly because they have two primers, one of which is ridiculously long and has the potential for multiple detonations. I'm saying this under the assumption that your teammates are reasonably competent and love detonations.

EDIT: Lance can headshot though!

EDIT2: If you pick up Asari Adept, you're set, I think. I've got one and it's the only thing I run. It's sorta ridiculous how good having a permanent aoe primer and 0 cooldown detonator are.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ein Sexmonster posted:

One of the rank 6 lance evos lets you have Lance use shields instead of incurring a cooldown, like old nova.
This can be combined with the shield-restore evolution of annhiilation field for a lot of fun.

In addition to this, Asari Adept's shield tree has 20% shield restore on melee attack or +40% max shields when annihilation field is up (former is better, I think), and 10% shield restore on biotic kill.

EDIT: Additionally, I use a sniper rifle on my asari adept, and alternate firing it and lancing people that are out of range. It's set up so they're basically a sniper rifle that fires twice and has no recoil. Anything too close is getting on the detonation and punch pain train, which just happens to let me lance more.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 22, 2017

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
An extra good side effect of buying all the cheapo packs to max out on commons is having a boatload of consumables to use!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Zotix posted:

What button are you supposed to hit when something grabs you in melee?

The only thing you can escape from is the dog, by hitting E. The bosses automatically kill you if you're dumb enough to get grabbed.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I maxed out everything on common, and I definitely think this is the way to go. I have 5 of every consumable per match, the ability to use 5 of each every match and still come out ahead, and a ton of free character respecs. Been running gold with some pro goons on PC, and it's super nice to just throw cobras around like candy.

Edit: Don't be the guy in every pubbie match who doesn't use a single consumable.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Do you have a vague idea how long or how many credits it took for you to max out all the commons?

I'm doing that right now, mainly cause I've got a Krogan Merc at lvl 15 with a Revenant and I'm comfortable doing Bronze missions.

It's gonna take forever if all you're doing is bronze, as it gives 10k credits. Silver gives 25k and Gold gives 55k, and this is assuming that everybody extracts. Most of my runs were silver, and the home stretch was 5 gold complete or near complete extractions. I'm not sure how many matches it took, but I can tell you right now that I have an asari adept at level 20 and a human infiltrator at level 16, and an asari sentinel at level 4. I've also used a lot of experience boosters, so the levels should be lower if you intend on doing the same without. I've only played a few matches with the asari adept at 20, so it shouldn't be a huge deal. I've touched no other classes. I'd say once you get a class to X, you should be comfortable running gold with it at like level 10, probably a bit lower depending on your teammates.

If you're on PC, you should hop on the discord server. There's at least a few goons running gold now. I'm TastyLemonDrops on Origin if you wanna add me too.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Guns are a trap on the infiltrator. Sticky grenades are the loving best. They cause people to do an 'oh poo poo, a bomb's on me' dance if you hit them with it, which is useful for a getaway, and they do so much damage.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ambaire posted:

Ahh. That would make sense, seeing how I dropped $100 on premium packs since I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. It's rather hosed that all the fun classes are locked behind $$$ or painful grinding...

Asari adept is an uncommon? And a few of the commons are actually quite good.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

ShineDog posted:

Has anyone ever found anything for the equipment slot?

You can buy them in the store. There are a few of them and they cycle out. Thermal clips and juggernaut shield are in the store right now for 70 mission funds and 120 mission funds, respectively.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

AngryBooch posted:

Do they expire like boosters or are they permanent?

They're permanent. Thermal clips is +75% maximum ammo, juggernaut shield is +10% shields and +75% melee damage.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

precision posted:

Speaking of minibosses, what's the trick to Destroyers? They seem to have a shitload more HP than Fiends, Hydras, Agents, Ascendants, etc.

Other than the turrets to make them easier, their weakspot is when they open up and start charging their big attack. It seems to have way more of a multiplier than any other weakspot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Captain Oblivious posted:

Only quibble I'd make on that build is that Biotic Warrior might be a better call than Biotic Expert. They both give their bonuses for 3 seconds after using a power and I'm more likely to follow up a Lance with a melee than another Lance right away.

They're both good but Biotic Warrior is competitive.

Considering you get shield restoration with melee attacks, this is the way to go. In gold I'm always jumping right into the middle of things, so the best way to stay alive is to punch people after detonating.

• Locked thread