Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I bought this game so I could enjoy rubber banding to my laggy Russian pubbie friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've tried silver once against Remnant and it ended in a successful extraction but it definitely felt like it boiled down to whether you had a good gun or not. The two guys armed with Talons carried the damage load a lot more than the guys with Equalizers (which seems to have a rather short maximum range).

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Asari sentinel is my highest level class and I think that Backlash is actually very good. It's useful for taking out high rate of fire enemies like Observers and the Kett minigun guys because they'll quickly kill themselves. You can also protect teammates while they're reviving/doing objectives/extracting, lets you close distance for melee, emergency shield if you're in the open, play ping pong with Nullifiers, etc.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've got a Cyclone III so I'm all set in the AR department.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My favorite glitch so far: the match starts and I spawn in as a default human soldier with an Avenger and no powers instead of the class I actually had selected.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh it's there, it just isn't the weapon of gods room clearing monster that it was in 3, and having to hold the button is lame and bad on console. :smith:

There's an option to set "Hold" abilities like Flamethrower and Backlash to be a toggle instead.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why is human vanguard so good?

They get Barrier, which can be upgraded to restore shields with each melee strike and also fully restore shields every ten seconds when at 25% HP. Plus maxed out Charge fully restores shields, gives damage resistance and boosts melee damage so you become very hard to kill. The human's punch is much faster than a krogan head butt too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Duelist can do that stuff too, the difference being that she is an ultra rare drop while human vanguard is a common class that everybody has

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They did a stream to show off the new enemy but realized after a few games that it was bugged and the enemy wasn't showing up

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My interest in this mode tanked pretty quickly, I went into the menu yesterday but realized I just didn't feel like playing it. On Friday I was doing Gold runs and it was just four guys on a roof blasting everything with sniper rifles. It was efficient but boring. They have to be careful because there's a lot of discontent about MP online and their statement that you need to buy packs to rank up your guns so that they'll actually do damage didn't win anybody over. You're always going to have geeks like the guy on Reddit who spent $1300 to open 600 premium packs in a row, but you're also not going to get the time investment from most people that you want if they don't have fun and don't feel like killing the enemies is worth the effort.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The last upgrade for Barrier, Saving Barrier, actually keeps you alive after sync kills. It goes through the animation and you survive with full shields and a little health left.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Saving Barrier triggers from regular attacks too so it's just useful in general if you slip up and get surrounded, you get a free shield refill and can get out of dodge. It has a 10 second cooldown so you can't just stand in the open forever but that's still pretty short.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think the Ascendants are OK because there's at least a chance of getting away from their sync kill and they're not very threatening otherwise but Fiends are pretty rough - they're giant enemies that are extremely fast, don't make a lot of noise and behave strangely and warp around the map even when there's no lag going on. If their sync kill has a tell, I don't really know what it is, they swing their right arm to grab you but they also just throw punches with the same arm sometimes.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ambaire posted:

Some of the mp patch notes made me double check if today was April 1st again.

:wtc:

I like the "you'll have to bring more than your fists to a gun fight" line, people flocked to bringing their fists to a gun fight because the fists do damage and the guns don't

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I only have the huntress and not the avenger but I haven't noticed any changes to the stealth grid visuals when off host. She doesn't actually turn invisible but the cloaking effect does work.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My Apex rating went down? It was around 3,200 earlier today and now it's 2,800

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've unlocked 3 URs, all weapons - the Piranha is OK but the Dhan and PAW are pretty useless at level 1, and maybe just in general with whatever they did to the weapons in multi to make them all suck. The PAW (which was my favorite weapon for Ryder in the campaign) runs out of juice extremely quickly and the Dhan doesn't hurt at all for something that fires an arced projectile with a very limited clip size and spare ammo pool. I think it's a little ridiculous that there's already 5 UR classes too, before they added the Salarian Architect there were actually more UR classes than R.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Zakmonster posted:

And at the same time, you couldn't use charge or nova to detonate a fire combo in ME3. The increased flexibility in combos allows for more combos to be set off, which is why the damage is lower this time around.

Should they increase combo damage? Yeah, sure. It could actually stand to do a bit more than it does now. But that doesn't mean combos are completely useless now.

You could, actually. They made tech explosions universal in ME3 so biotics could set them off. The opposite wasn't true though, tech powers couldn't set off biotics but now they can.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I tried to save a guy from getting synced by a Fiend the other day and blasted a direct hit from a Cobra that did no visible damage at all. They are the worst enemy in the game.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope they add more things to spend mission funds on eventually beyond the trickle of equipment items, because I have like 600 of them from this mobile app but nothing to buy with it. I imagine they walked back on making specific weapons and characters available there because it would cut into their RNG box profits.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They should make it so that the package drops any time you take a hit, having the package makes you take more damage, and also dropping it moves it back to the spawn point

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've failed two gold Kett APEX missions to the point where I probably won't bother trying if the day's gold mission is Kett. Last weekend it was Kett/Gold/Magma with -25% weapon damage and it would always give Upload on wave 3 and it was just doomed to failure each time. You'd get two points but the last one is just too exposed to hold against the constant stream of poo poo spawning around the corner and marching right into the circle. Then today's where it's Ascendant after Ascendant and you either run out of time or everybody gets mowed down by the 18 Anointed that pop up from every direction.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's only in the bronze Apex mission so it's not a great indicator of anything but Retrieval seems very easy because you're allowed to evade which is much faster than walking and also use powers like charge and cloak

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I unlocked the Kineticist, my first UR character, and she's pretty fun because her gimmick is unique. Not very useful against Remnant though because Breachers and Observers cannot be pulled.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The one asari character yells "WATCH YOUR BUTT!" all the time

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Hydra's sync kill is extremely slow and telegraphed, if you see it raise its right arm in the air it's trying to do it. Destroyers do not have a sync kill but the damaging field they put up against melee opponents is pretty deadly if you get stuck in it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Two Finger posted:

Don't they get massive hover damage bonuses too? Could be pretty good as a gimmicks build

The Turian Havoc's entire gimmick is hovering, she doesn't gain bonus damage in the air but her defensive passive gives bonuses to damage reduction and weapon accuracy while hovering and also increases the hovering duration. The other upgrade path focuses on improving the jumping ground pound melee attack, I haven't tried that out yet though. I believe she has the strongest shield out of any of the available classes too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Zakmonster posted:

DAI MP had a Dragon Hunt mode where you went and killed a dragon + minions, instead of the usual dungeon crawl format. These usually took place in special maps, cos dragons are huge and fly around a lot.

I'm assuming similar could be done in MEA, but they'd need to introduce new maps. Considering this week's special APEX mission takes place in the entrance to a vault, they know how to reuse assets from SP, so they could literally just rip out one of the Architect fight zones from SP and just plant it into MP as a special APEX mission.

You still had to do the dungeon crawling stuff before you got to fight the dragon, and you also had to have a separate consumable item to be able to fight the dragon. If nobody had one you just awkwardly continued on to fight a regular boss instead. It was as long and boring as the rest of Dragon Age multiplayer and I hope they don't take any cues from that for Mass Effect.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

precision posted:

I finally unlocked Kineticist the other night and she is loving bonkers. At level 3 I took her into Gold and topped the score list (possibly because of the "double points for biotics" bug, which I know nothing about) but points don't matter, what matters is how fast everything started dying once I got into Ascension.

And like I said that's at level I/3. I can only imagine what she's like at X/20.

You get both assist and kill points with some biotics, particularly Pull in the case of the Kineticist.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Two Finger posted:

What is Ascension?

It's the offensive passive ability for the Kineticist. Once you score enough kills (6 to start, but it gets reduced with upgrades) you can activate a mode where all of your powers have no cooldowns but consume shields to use instead, and you gain 100 Damage Resistance. The effect ends if you lose shields. It's one of the things that makes her unique so I hope that other characters do not get it, actually.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

precision posted:

So am I the only one who even got an Ushior, or is everyone not mentioning it because it's terrible? I'm pretty sure it's objectively pretty bad, but I haven't tried using it on an Infiltrator yet. Could be a good gimmick similar to "Shotgun Inf" in ME3

I have one, but it appears to be one of the worst weapons in the entire game so I don't use it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
At least the Vindicator was like an uncommon drop. The Ushior is ultra rare and there's absolutely no reason to ever use it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Pull is easy if you unlock the Kineticist.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's two unreleased classes in the game data currently, a Turian infiltrator and an Angara with an electricity gimmick (Overload, Energy Drain, Barricade). They'll probably show up with their APEX storylines like the krogan gladiator and salarian architect did.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The kroguard was fine, maybe their logic is that the regen from Rage will make up for the paper shields but it's too slow. Maybe Shock Trooper is the way to go for rank 6 Charge on him now. I don't think they should nerf any class, the asari adept was strong but so what, people like being strong in video games

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There's three new equipment items that will probably be rolled out weekly like the others:

Enhanced Munitions: Increased combat power damage
Revive Pack Transmitter: Using a revive will also revive nearby downed teammates
Shield Enhancer: Raises maximum shields

Revive is gold, other two are silver

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My asari duelist is messed up now, the point investments for Backlash and Charge were switched so now I have 6 in Backlash and 1 in Charge. I heard that the same thing happened with the human soldier's Concussive Shot and Frag Grenade too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

BBQ Dave posted:

The update respeced my duelist! Played a few games before figuring it out. Anybody else have that problem?

I did yesterday so I didn't use her and when I logged in today I got a notice that her powers were reset along with several other classes (human soldier, human sentinel, angara avenger, turian havoc, and asari sentinel off the top of my head), and indeed my points were all refunded.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Thor-Stryker posted:

Edit: Enhanced Munitions Equipment is in the store for the next 15 hours:
"Increases Damage Deal by Combat Powers by 30%"
Doesn't really explain combat powers however.

Combat powers that deal damage include Concussive Shot, Frag Grenade, Flak Cannon, and Sticky Grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The turian agent is a male turian.

• Locked thread