Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Promotion is gone. You just gain bonuses across all your characters if you keep gaining xp on a level 20 character.

I move in less than two weeks so I will have a period with no internet. I really want to play this game.

Who is up for running Krogan gangs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

PSN is Thundercloud2013 for PS4. I'll be moving in a little over a week and my internet will likely be off for a while, but when it comes back on I'll be playing. I've added the PS4 players so far in the thread.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

shadok posted:

MEA bronze seems harder than ME3 bronze was. Or is that just my faded memories of a game I haven't played in two years?

Is it just we haven't all got rare characters and guns yet? I used to Krogan solo Bronze for fun but I was doing it with a level 20 character with fully upgraded gear.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Two Finger posted:

Yeah I wiped like a bitch on wave 1 on my only foray into it. I'm pretty good at 3 but this is going to take some learning.

Do you think they got sick of things like plat farming or people soloing gold/plat and have adjusted the difficulty accordingly?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

The common weapons were always a bit sucky. I'm happy one of the is actually good this time around.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Played a couple of matches, it's almost unplayable because of how buggy it is.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I didn't pull any cool characters in my initial rewards, getting Salarian Infiltrator.

I'm trying to level my basics up to X playing Bronze before starting with my Salarian, but it's so unstable that I've played 3 games today and crashed out of 2 with no rewards. It's not helping. My Human Soldier is up to level 6 now and not blowing right out the gate, but with all the basic packs I haven't got a single Avenger yet.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

In the cry pods there is APEX tactics that gives you +15% credits for APEX missions.

Does this apply for strike missions of for multiplayer missions as well?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Is there something in single player that improves multiplayer rewards? I'll be without internet for the first 12 days of next month so I'll be using the Apex app.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I had the game be stable for a bit and a group of pubbies who didn't suck. So I now have a level 13 soldier and an Avenger VIII.

Anyone up for doing the Silver APEX missions to help me get a Juggernaut shield to put on my Krogan when I get one?

PSN Thundercloud2013

edit - found out that you can't run an APEX mission in multiplayer is you are running a strike team mission at the same time.

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 26, 2017

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

I bought an advanced pack and got an avenger :negative:

Back to basics for a bit

I bought a basic and got an Indra.

Indra's are still poo poo.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Till they give guns a tune up yes. Melee biotics with juggernaut shields seem absolutely the way to go at the moment.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Stickman posted:

Unless this is a PS4-specific problem, you definitely can run APEX multiplayer missions while running strike team missions!

The problem with APEX missions is that players can change the mission back to "custom" and the matchmaker will still throw APEX players into their match. Whenever you queue up for an APEX mission, make sure the lobby lists the mission type as the APEX mission instead of saying "custom", and just host if it keeps throwing you into non-APEX matches.

You're right.

There are also more missions available to send strike teams on than there are available to play in multiplayer.

I now have a level 18 soldier, and still haven't completed an APEX mission in multiplayer.

I tried the Silver one with no revives, but then we got upload, and I can't keep a horde out of the zone on my own. I tried setting up another game, but pubbies seem to think rolling with level 4s into Silver with no revives is a great idea.

I also experienced my first kicking after coming first.

Still don't have a Krogan character, but all my common guns are at IX or X now.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Zakmonster posted:

The fact that they had no Day 1 DLC was a good sign.

It's more likely a sign that they rushed the game so much they didn't write any.

Not beta testing multiplayer and instead doing a spotty demo at PAX with two uncommon classes and 4 weapons seems to me to indicate a lack of effort.

I was in the Destiny Alpha test and even then the game looked great. A beta test with the common classes and weapons 4 or 5 months ago would have given them ghis feedback.

Hopefully they fix it because at the moment I am watching pubbies get wiped on bronze a lot.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Does anyone know if the SP Cryo Pod bonuses apply to Apex missions as in actual MP, or the lovely phone app? I'd take a 15% credit bonus and chance for items.

Apparently SP only. There is another bonus you can pick up to their success as well by gaining knowledge about the various enemies.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Stickman posted:

Besides mods, Maxing characters is also a good reason to go for basics. The extra 23 skill points are important for gold viability!

So hold on, are the points deducted from the basic profile or extra?

Is it possible to get all 6s?

My female human engineer is at level X, is it worth starting to play her to get to level 20?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

At level 20/X you have enough points to max five of the skills at 6 and leave one at 1.

At level 20/1 I think you can get 3 sixes, a five, a three, and a one.

So basically it'll take forever to max rare or higher.

Dammit. Fortunately the only characters I really want to play are the Kroguard and Krogan Engineer.

My human soldier is at 19 and I may take some of the common kits to 20 to unlock the prestige benefits and build up credits.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Who the hell thought having a boss with teleporting sync kills (so it can teleport next to you and then sync kill you straight away) was a good idea?

Plus side I reached level 20 with my soldier and unlocked Max shields Lvl 1. It's only 1% per level though.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a thing where you lure people into your game by having it as the strike team mission type and then change mission type once the game is full. It's happened to me twice on Silver and Bronze Challenges today.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully guns will get a balance fix soon.

Just to check, there is no way to spend mission funds except through the game connected to the internet?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Good god they made the game a long grind. Every mod has ten levels? Christ.

I'm still maxing out all my commons, and I reckon that buying the basic packs is best until every common character and mod is maxed. I opened 7 basics yesterday and got three uncommon weapon cards anyway, so it's borderline a more efficient way of getting uncommon cards.

However I'm still using my Avenger X because the uncommon guns I've unlocked so far suck anyway. drat incisor, why does that have to be level 3 and not the Raptor?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone else had Assassination in Wave 6 of Bronze spawn 3 Ascendant and a Fiend. And then one of the Ascendant was a target and they all hang round together.

That was no loving fun. And playing random enemy led to three Kett matches.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

They could do a lot worse than transfer over the character and maps from ME3 multiplayer if they don't have much in the way of resources to do design. Some verticality added to take advantage of jetpacks and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

So that's ten extra cards per character and a huge number of extra mods because there isn't a big enough pile to farm already.

• Locked thread