Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
PC origin: Chamusta

Up for playing some multi later, probably can't host but I can connect just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Smol posted:

3 questions:

Can I play it in 144Hz?
Is Saber back??
Is the Saber sound back??? :black101:

The Saber is currently keeping the Claymore company.
:smith:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah I had a group of pubs who just... completely loving ignored the things we were supposed to deactivate. None of them even tried to do said objective, and when I died trying to deactivate it (because I was by myself, because no one came with me :shepface:) no one came to revive me. At least we were on wave 6 at the time so we managed to get away with a little money anyway.

They way they moved and acted I think they sincerely thought "we can just kill all the mobs and *then* do the objective!" Yeah, it... it doesn't work like that.

It doesn't help that half the time the drat things will stop channeling while you're holding down your use key, even if you're not getting shot.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Also keep in mind that you're not going to be able to do the old 6/6/6/5/3 right off the bat - you need to hit level 20 and have the character ranked up to X via card drops to have the same number of points as a level 20 character in ME3.

It might be better to focus on basic classes first since you're more likely to have those at rank X than an ultra rare. :sigh:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, he gets my vote for best clutch class at the moment. The range on his strike power is also nuts, and if you take the damage mitigation upgrade he can drive into a pack of enemies, unload his grenades, and cloak away no problem.

Somebody on the mecoop subreddit already solo'd gold with him. Stealth Grid is pretty bonkers if you have a good route between ammo boxes.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Two Finger posted:

Hey here's a really unwelcome change:

Nova doesn't detonate anymore. WTF

They kinda flipped it around; you can spec Nova to prime and charge to detonate. Still kinda wonky though!

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Just grabbed a Widow from a basic pack. Does a bunch of damage, but the removal of reload-canceling and the wonky reloads in general in this game hurts it a bit.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Got a Black Widow in a 50k pack.

Got a Vanquisher a few packs later. Today's coming up sniper! :69snypa:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

evilmiera posted:

So is the Vanquisher just the best gun? Played a few matches and almost everyone was using it no matter the class. Gave it a try and while it is good, it wasn't crazy awesome or anything. But then I only ever play infiltrator.

Pretty much, it's got crazy good weak point multipliers, good damage, good ROF, and good clip size. I would argue that the Black Widow and Valiant are better, but they're also much harder to get and level up due to their rarity.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, the damage breakpoints are what really sets the Window back. Both Rifles kill mooks with a single headshot and midrange enemies on a double-tap, so the extra damage doesn't end up mattering as much as a bigger clip or less recoil.

Don't raiders take three shots for the Vanquisher on Gold? I had a terrible game least night where I was flubbing headshots and raiders were taking three shots with a Vanq 2 w/ barrel and a sniper amp 1.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

They seem less frequent, but maybe that's because classes like the Paladin with snap freeze aren't there any longer.

Snap Freeze and a vanguard was hilarious.

Lash wasn't a very good skill on the Phoenix classes in ME3, but it was a fun one.

Combos seem less frequent because you can't get bonus recharge from weapon weight anymore.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
I've had fiends teleport at me in single player. It's pretty hosed up.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They should make it so that the package drops any time you take a hit, having the package makes you take more damage, and also dropping it moves it back to the spawn point

With how janky this game can be sometimes, that is probably going to happen whenever you're off host.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So what assault rifle should I be going for? Right now I inky maxed out all my basic packs and now investing in tmr premiums. Also, I can't seem to survive on any class except vanguard in gold at the moment. My krogan engineer just melts. I want to try the soldier with turbocarge and conc shot build but I don't have good enough weapons to do it yet? Avenger x, charger x, vanquished 1 isn't going to cut it without ammo bug

Charger is actually one of the best weapons for it because it applies ammo powers really quickly. Only better weapon would be the Hurricane.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I have horrible weapons, Vanquisher 1, bronze ones are all X.

Have been getting horrible guns from premium packs so all i've been playing is vanguard because you don't really need much guns for vanguard to be awesome.

I also been abusing the gently caress out of vanquisher with double ammo mods on a soldier.. so I'd like to stop doing this... because I'm starting to run out of ammo mods.

So I'm really interested in something that isn't a vanquisher build.

For bronze X guns - Charger with Cryo + human soldier is pretty good. I usually run that with my casters as well.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Unlocked and played the Krogan Gladiator last night - it's pretty weak at low levels and really suffers from the lack of melee lock-on. :sigh:

I miss the warlord and ME3 Krogan. At least rage doesn't cause headaches anymore!

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
According to tests by peddroelm (ME3 data miner), combos don't scale by power rank or difficulty.

Fix your poo poo Bioware

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

I did.

edit: oh, you you mean the video? I assumed everyone would know from the context I was testing the throw + ED combo, not ED + throw.

^^^it's not my video mate. gently caress me e:not called for, soz^^^

Throw doesn't prime anymore as of 1.05 even if you took duration. The only self-combo human sentinel can do is tech.

Nevermind, I was going off incorrect info it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

I got the Krogan Engineer maxed out but only level 8. Feel like the game is telling me to play her but man she seems squishy as gently caress.

She gets better once you fill out the Rage tree to give you Rage at low health, but a lot of other folks just embrace the squishiness and go 6/6/6/6/0. The Rage tree doesn't do much until you get that talent too, since you don't really want to be meleeing as the Engineer.

chami fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 15, 2017

• Locked thread