Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Monolith. posted:

Can I max out my skills like SP or is it back to doing a build? The mode feels pretty jank at times but I'm so glad I can play MEs multi again. The increased mobility is so welcome and I've already fallen in love with the Infiltrator again.

Skills max at 6/6/6/6/1, 6/6/6/5/3 or 6/6/6/4/4 so you still have to do a build. You also have to max out the class with cards this time up to X to get all your skill points. Max at level 20 with just the base rank 1 kit is 6/6/5/2/0 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Pierson posted:

I wonder if anyone got the Super-Deluxe Edition for an extra Premium Pack a week for an extra £20.

Like, what the gently caress?

While I was poking around to find the skill point numbers some guy on Reddit commented saying he'd already dropped $300 on points to open premium packs, what's an extra $40 really?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So far I've played nothing but a few hours of multiplayer.

Game is cool and good :toot::toot: Except for the roaming hordes of idiot pubbies who keep trying to kill all the baddies instead of doing the loving objectives you loving idiot hellfuckers i hate you

You and me both, buddy! :getin: I also somehow got one of the new alien classes and I'm afraid to try and experiment with it because what if I gently caress it up

Respecs are really easy to get now I think, unless there's some escalating cost. It's 15 mission funds and you can get 40 or so a day playing the phone game, or 30 a day just doing the apex missions in multiplayer.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

It's probably better to just use 1 team on as many missions with a high success rate as you can until you get it to 20 and then worry about having other teams as that one slowly accumulates negative traits. That's what I did and my level 20 team can do gold missions with a 60% success rate most of the time.

Does anyone have a good build for human vanguards? At the moment I have barrier at 5 and charge at 6 with the full shield restore and I just charge things then punch them to death. This works pretty well in silver but I'm not sure it'll work in gold and I don't have anywhere to put the rest of my points that feels good. Maybe max out nova or shockwave for killing armored targets? Should I just get apex training to 6 in case I accidentally fire my gun?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Has anyone bought equipment for their strike teams? Are they permanent or one use only? And do they only tick specific conditions like most traits or do they boost everything?

I bought empowered shields. I have no idea what it does though. It does stay from mission to mission, not sure if I keep it when I retire the team. I can't even see a way to unequip them in the phone app.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Alteisen posted:

I have the gold tier sandstorm and sweeper AR's and they're both pretty bad.

How do I get more strike missions? Only need 2 more funds for that sweet juggy shield but the only missions I got left are gold stuff and I don't wanna press my luck.

They just show up on a schedule, I've finished all my missions and now I just get a timer telling me I get my next strike mission in an hour and 45 minutes.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

AngryBooch posted:

A few other questions coming from ME3 multi to this:

So getting a class repeat in packs is not only for cosmetics any more? You get more skill points on a (for example) Human Engineer X vs. I?

Is promoting a class still in? I'm assuming you don't promote all your "Soldiers," for instance, at the same time anymore. But promoting a character starts them over at level 1 AND provides a small bonus across all of you characters right? Promoting an Engineer gives you a small bonus to power recharge speed correct?

You get more skill points for going from 1 to X on a class, you also get cosmetics. You can promote a class but I don't think it does anything useful, you gain prestige experience while you're leveling and AFAIK you also gain it when you're level 20. You get the bonus when you get enough prestige XP on a particular bonus to level it up, the specific bonus your XP goes into differs from class to class but there're only 6? of them so there's a lot of overlap.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

precision posted:

e: did they do something to the XP formula? It didn't seem like it took nearly this long to level up in ME3MP. My highest level guy is a level 14 Vanguard. If I take a level 8 or 9 character into Gold, they tend to only gain 1 level from a full extraction. Does difficulty level not increase XP any more?

Difficulty does increase XP, they just made it take a lot longer to level since you're no longer promoting characters. Once the character's level 20 you're done forever. Also you get XP boosts pretty frequently so use those.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Everyone has a human, it's super easy to get a Vanguard to rank X so you'll probably have more skill points. I'm pretty sure the melee comes out faster than the duelist too. And, for my preferences, I'd take nova over backlash or lance (that said lance paired with annihilation is loving hilarious)

But yeah the duelist is a totally fine and good class.

What do you do with nova that's useful? Does barely any damage, I only use it for the invincibility frames if I killed my target and there's no one near by to punch and charge is still on CD. If there's someone close enough for me to actually hit with nova I'd rather punch them for the shield regen. I'm actually planning on maxing shockwave instead because at least then I could shoot the shields off an observer then shockwave+charge for the explosion or throw random ones out during upload/hack or those last 10 seconds before we extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Besides the i-frames, knockback on multiple targets (yeah small enemy damage isn't huge but it adds up if there's a crowd), plus priming them for bonus damage off another charge, or mostly for my team to detonate. It's something I'll only do if I'm safe enough that I don't desperately need to melee for some shields back, but that occurs often enough that I'm usually popping it every fight.

For observers, I charge, shoot them with whatever gun to lower the shields, then a nova will ground them for punching.

Yeah, but you get most of that except the priming at level 1, I still use nova I just don't see the point in leveling it up. Shockwave is totally useless at rank 1, nova is like 90% as useful at rank 1 as it is at rank 6. I guess in the end they both feel useless to me so it doesn't really matter much, I'll probably try shockwave at 6 for a bit and then nova at 6 and I doubt it'll even matter.

Zigmidge posted:

https://gfycat.com/SameCompassionateBergerpicard

Shockwave is not worth ditching invincibility for. Everyone is wrong about nova.

I don't think that's on gold, having no shields for the time it takes me to punch someone feels like suicide on gold in a lot of situations, and you're basically dead if you randomly miss your melee or your allies headshot the dude before you punch him or something.

• Locked thread