Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Is there a Discord channel for multiplayer?

Yeah I don't want to keep getting bleeding ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I could remember my password I'd make one now, otherwise there's still the CTS discord or anyone could make one I guess.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Two Finger posted:

I could easily solo silver with most classes and gold with some. This game will take getting used to for sure but I find it a lot harder. As noted the enemies are far more aggressive, amongst other things.

Man the amount of times I've managed to start reviving just as a random mook was about to stomp them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

It will be fixed when I stop reading forums.somethingawful.com.

e: I've heard smarter poo poo vomited through the always-on voice chat from the MEA general public.

Wow it's like I'm really reading the GTA Online thread!!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MarshyMcFly posted:

Hey guys, I was wondering if you can play with a friend in matchmaking in a public game? My friend and I tried it the other day but it seemed to not work. It just had us in the lobby without any other pubbies joining in. Anyways, if any cool goons want to get a full goon squad together let me know! PSN: Lord_Snow56, friend request me and say your a goon.

Try readying up as the host, that usually fixes it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I got lucky with my first box and got the Angara Avenger, I absolutely love it. It can probably perma-stealth a round with enough packs and remembering where the resupplies are, the upgraded stealth field keeps you stealthed during an entire deactivate, and it's saved so many team members already.

Skippy McPants posted:

One thing I like a lot about this iteration of the multiplayer is that the new mobility lets you play a lot more conservative with your consumables if you're smart about it. You never get cornered, so you're a lot more free to rotate around the map, picking off smaller stuff until the mini-bosses are all that remains.

Oh man the terror of being stuck in a dead end with two banshees bearing down is kind of the thing I miss from this MP.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man I am still having a blast with the angara avenger, helped carry a wave 6 hack after the rest of my team died and got body blocked against remnant. Only silver, but gently caress the observers were the biggest threat there. Just wish I didn't have trash weapons.

Those big stompy bots are fun to watch waddle around once they lose their turrets. :v:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Welp, farming gold with the avenger now at 16. I should try some of the other classes soon. :v:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is the incisor the one you can hold down M1 on and it just bursts out the entire clip in 3 seconds? I've been using that in SP and once you learn to control the recoil it melts through shields and then right through health.

gently caress you observers how do you like it cunts. :black101:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Playing a game where you obsessively gather guns to survive against hordes of robots taking your jobs, hordes of aliens trying to turn you into them, and your own traitorous people frustrating your efforts to make a better world is a way to forget DJT is president?

:trumppop:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

subroc posted:

Jetpacks are my biggest problem with the game too. ME3 had a lot more emphasis on tactical awareness. Controlling spawn points and funneling mobs down kill zones so you could unleash holy hell on them. Now it's just a giant clusterfuck with mobs sneaking past your line of defense and people flying and dashing everywhere. The balance has moved away from strategic and more towards twitch gameplay.

That with the aforementioned lovely guns and bad powers, well it's just not fun. I'm going to work on single player for a while and look back in from time to time

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

see this is why I always host and suffer the complaints of my friends instead.

• Locked thread