Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hey guys, I was wondering if you can play with a friend in matchmaking in a public game? My friend and I tried it the other day but it seemed to not work. It just had us in the lobby without any other pubbies joining in. Anyways, if any cool goons want to get a full goon squad together let me know! PSN: Lord_Snow56, friend request me and say your a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

If only you could pull teammates.

Then drop them off cliffs...

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Carrying pubbies through silver like....https://youtu.be/DDedAO_kolQ

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ohrwurm posted:

We made a good team

we also had some motivational music playing over voice chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_-6v1EzYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUaE2pUR_U

Turtle squad! Also amazing gold runs last night! It was like a full extraction marathon on outlaw/sandstorm/gold.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So the other day I entered some sort of soldier euphoria that made me invincible, invisible to enemies, but only able to dodge and shoot. Luckily I recorded it: https://youtu.be/C1ZZl7SrRcM

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone else got any other piece of equipment besides jugg shield and thermal clip storage?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Nope. They rotate on a schedule.

They rotate on a schedule? When do they rotate?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Digirat posted:

Gave the freeloaders a chance when they tried to join us for a gold kett apex mission. Turns out that yes, they really were just freeloaders and it was a waste of our time and boosters. Bootcha and I had over twice their score and they refused to use their consumables. We won as soon as a third player on discord joined and our fourth was a random who was actually level 20. I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt but right now it's usually a waste of your time to do so for the hardest content. Unlike vermintide, gear/stats define way more of what you can do than skill.

I played that same apex mission against the Kett with all pubbies and lost on round 4 because....Kett. It was fun for a little bit with 8 times the ammo capacity and power cells on the human soldier with two power cell abilities. Had 10 frags and 11 concussive shots!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

I've had it happen once or twice. No clue what triggers it, just randomly lost all audio. Made soloing the last objective vs Kett as a level 1 adept rather interesting.

I almost never get the voice over when I join a match in progress past the first wave.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

Bastion on HumGuard, but Shock Trooper on KroGuard. KroGuards don't have Barrier, so they can't get shields back by punching, so being able to Charge once every ~3 seconds lets them keep the Rage health regen running. Also, with DR bonuses from Fortify and Rage, the DR from Bastion becomes less desirable.

Also Krogans have a lot less shields than the humans in general.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 6, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Btw new map AND character out now: https://youtu.be/797fxxBj-mk

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I agree with both points. I thought shields on kill would be great but because it's specifically biotics and biotics on their own are mostly weak I think it's inferior.

I desperately want shotguns to not suck. :smith:

I specced my human vanguard with shield regen on melee attacks and biotic kills because chances are I'm going to do one of those every kill. I only use my weapon to weaken larger targets.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

precision posted:

I think Biotic Punch does count as a Biotic kill? Otherwise, poo poo job at naming things, guys.

It doesn't. Only biotic abilities count.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Dilb posted:

Actually killing guys with powers is relatively tough compared to ME3, and everyone can use a free "don't die now" every 10 seconds. The Asari Adept also gets shield back for every kill in annihilation's radius, so they're getting shield back anyway if things are working correctly.

It's not that hard when your an asari adept lol. The asari adept is best when she can regen her shields any way possible. And the free "don't die now" ability is a pair of training wheels for scrubs.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I made a video of my level 20 Infiltrator using a Lanat with a Targeting VI 4 and a Sniper Rifle Amp 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Esa8hk9MU

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 9, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

So here's something to NOT do (or do, lmao) as a vanguard: If an adept uses singularity on more than 3 things, do not use shockwave on it then charge it. The game crashed processing all the explosions lol

Rip my last experience booster

e: Wait did the servers go down I can't reconnect

Same here. I think so.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

The sticky grenade human class is a really good one to max out with the common packs. See if you like any of the common classes first and max them out. When you become capable of running golds you can afford like 8 common packs every time you finish a gold.

Is it bad that I'm trying to get all the weapons and characters before maxing them out? I just want to get a feel as to what classes I want to get up to rank X instead of going through the tedious BS of maxing them out.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 14, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

You don't really have a choice on which ones you max out so I'm not sure how to respond to this.

You have a choice whether or not to dump your money on basic packs or not before ranking every common to X though.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Ephemeron posted:

Got my first UR, and it's a Rozerad. Am I correct to assume that it's a straightforward replacement for the Charger?

It's not that bad. It's a lightweight SMG with a huge clip size that is good as a back up on a sniping class or a soldier with turbocharge. It doesn't do that much damage but can finish off mooks that are really low on health.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone beaten Kett on gold yet? I'm convinced they are neigh un-beatable, even with a pre-made group with mics. I played a game with 2 of my friends on Kett/Gold/Sandstorm AND double ammo and we lost on wave 6 because 2 of the assassination targets were.....of course... ascendents. Two of my teammates were sync killed and one of them was sync killed by an ascendent that I was repeatedly rocketing in the orb but didn't break animation! We lost because time ran out and the last ascendant was a sliver of health away from death before his shield came back up. What kind of BS is Kett made of? But in all seriousness Reapers on Gold were easier than Kett is on Gold, hands down. From launch they were both hard but the Kett just have a monopoly in the buggy, insta-kill industry. Overally I think our team did rather well, but they must be stopped!!!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Relentless posted:

Repeatedly.

You really should be using a couple of things to help on them. I highly recommend someone with annihilation field with the level 6 CC evolution. Besides that the two best ways to beat gold are melee (great raw dps, and either of the annihilation field classes are good at it) or one of the good sniper rifles (Widow, Black WIdow, Isharay, Vanquisher) as they can pop Ascendent orbs really easily. Special shoutout to Backlash, which can, if you're good, reflect the big rear end Ascendant orb back on his face. Soldiers with a Revenant and a turbocharge build ain't bad either.

//edit

Also, just accept that you're going to be blowing Cobras on round 6. You need at least 2 to take out an Ascendent, probably 3 because some jackass wraith will jump in front of one of them. You shouldn't need them until then, but you will there. Round 7 is mostly just kiting fiends and ascendants around the back of the map, just like herding banshees.

Alternatively, there's literally no reason to not pick Outlaw or Remnant instead of doing it random, so unless it's a strike team mission, just don't fight them until there's a balance pass.

I believe we had all of those elements in our team. One was running an Asari Adept, another was running an infiltrator, I was running another infiltrator with a Lanat with double ammo, and I believe we had one pubby running a human sentinel. The pub was competent too it was just the assassination round 6 that really did it in for us.

Yea I understand there really isn't any reason not to do Outlaw or Remnant for the credits on gold but I just want to be able to beat them so that when either a strike mission demands it or a pubby forgets to change the mission settings from random enemy gold.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't even realize there were barrel mods until I got my first one in an expert pack yesterday for a pistol.

I get a barrel mod almost every single Premium pack I open now. It's awful. It always gives me a barrel mod and a character I never use. Except for the last one which gave me two UR's that I already had. I just know for a certainty that my last UR is going to be an Angara Avenger!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Engineer can equip a lot of items, assault turret is pretty mediocre but the 6 powers can be okay if they work (which they don't sometimes). I spec'd mine at 61666 and used a vanquisher for long range and a talon for short range. I spec'd for the 50% weight.

I just got to 20 on my infiltrator, maxed shields, cloak but honestly i mostly just shot things with my vanquisher.

Basically, just use a vanquisher if you have one. If you don't, I've had some success with other snipers like the Lanat, Raptor and Inferno. Both of these classes are pretty heavily reliant on their guns. If you don't have decent guns yet I'd play around with something else first.

It kinda sucks that the infiltrator human cannot really get anything that will let them equip some of the better rifles without taking a hit to recharge but gently caress it, you don't really use powers much when you play one.

Ummmmm..... tactical cloak???

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Frush posted:

Alright, summary of the livestream (I managed to get away with watching it at work);

-Non-sniper weapons are all getting a buff
-Some powers were getting a buff
-Combos were bugged and not scaling with difficulty
-Shotguns will have a 'more defined role' related to use as a skirmish weapon
-Mid & high level outlaw units getting buffed
-Kett all getting nerfed, including sync kill chances
-Cobra RPGs getting a buff. Won't be OHK, but more damage will carry through, including on Ascendants
-UR weapons are supposed to feel better and be better than other rarities, and are getting buffed
-They are looking into crashing and definitely want any feedback from people there
-They're going to add something to do/buy with unused mission funds, related to progression speed

No actual numbers for now, but they'll post them closer to release.

What about the double ammo bug? Are they even considering taking it out?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

tooterfish posted:

So, they're testing combos over on reddit and apparently different people are reporting different base damage for their combos. I thought I'd give it a go, see if I'm a low baller or a high baller! It might explain why I've personally been finding biotic classes underwhelming.

Here's a shot of the results of two successful throw + energy drain combos.

Well that's weird, my damage looks lower than even the lowest of the testers on reddit.

Here's a shot of the damage just from throw and energy drain separately, after I mistimed a combo.

Okay. So my biotic combos don't do low damage... they don't do any loving damage.

:negative:

Maybe because you don't have energy drain set to prime...

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

tooterfish posted:

It could be. I did initially try this without using a respec card.

I did occasionally still get them after I'd respecced the guy though, so that can't be the explanation for all of them. Other people have reported these too, it's not just me.

It's really hard to test because you get such a small window to detonate with throw.

edit: wait, set to prime? Throw is a primer even without the 5a evo, it's just quite hard to time the detonation (you need a fast travelling power, like ED). This test was for biotic combos, not tech ones. This is what happens when you don't read (and I don't read).

So you need the rank 5 perk called "extended drain." Without that you will only be able to detonate combos.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

tooterfish posted:

You're still not reading. This test was for biotics, extended drain gives a tech explosion.

Throw is the primer, energy drain is the detonator.

What are you talking about??? How did you make a biotic explosion on a sentinel?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

You should have put that in your original post. Also you should slow down the video so it's easier to see what your testing.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 6, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Backlash is not like barricade in that it's actually good, so ignore advice from human sentinels. I left throw at 1 and 6'd everything else. Start with the passives if you have her at X if possible. I spec'd for melee because it seemed like the thing to do but she's pretty solid across the board.

Barricade is amazing. It can prime enemies that get too near with the rank 6 perk. Backlash can't prime anything.

Edit: also energy drain is the better primer at rank 5. Throw is a secret primer but flings your target and only lasts until it hits something. Energy drain lasts longer and keeps them in one place to detonate.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 8, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

make cover that disappears after a few seconds as opposed to going behind cover that doesn't disappear after a few seconds

I specced my sentinel's barricade for duration over power cells for a good reason. I get it for 19.8 seconds. Which is plenty of time to zap a couple dudes and then reapply it after it's done.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I sort of hope they keep the double ammo bug or make it so that you can double up on boosters of the same category because using the lanat with double ammo is absurd! https://youtu.be/QRX09B6XyW4

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ZombyDog posted:

Patch tomorrow, no notes yet though.
https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/862046808046022656
According to tweets, the SP difficulties impacting MP has been looked at.

Hallelujah!!!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

The Geth Javelin owned because you could headshot an entire spawn. Through the walls. In a single shot. (if they happened to line up nicely)

That brings back one of my favorite memories from ME3 multiplayer which was headshotting 3 Cerberus troops with one bullet from the Black Widow!!! It was amazing! The drell assassin with armor piercing rounds was a goddamn wall hacking machine. He could penetrate like 5 meters of solid wall with his sniper and mods. Also see through them with his sensor array. I would just wait for them to line up behind a wall and head shot them one by one!

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 11, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

So these are saying the opposite.

If I spec energy drain for +combo damage, and use it to detonate a target, I expect the combo does extra damage, though I haven't tested it.
If I spec energy drain for +combo damage, and use it to prime a target, will the combo do extra damage? What if someone else detonates?

Also I'm like 90% sure throw -> energy drain does different damage from energy drain -> throw when the combo goes off, even if neither are specced for combo damage.

+Combo damage is a universal perk. So as long as you detonate a combo, no matter how you do it. You will get the extra damage.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

precision posted:

So there's a fun new thing that pubbies do - on a couple maps (Magma and another one) there are places you can hide and literally never take damage. Had a guy doing that in a match (he had literally zero points too). Got on the mic and let everyone know they should kick him.

They kicked me instead. gently caress pubbies.

I had a group of pubbies chew me out on their mics because I wasn't camping in the back with them on firebase zero. After a little while I muted all of them and continued to chill up at the top of the tower in the middle of the map and they kicked me for it.

loving pubbies indeed.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Rocketpriest posted:

Sorry friend, sometimes it is you who is the pubby. Don't hang out in the Pincer Attack Death Tower, it's bad for your health. There are plenty of real examples of bad play to highlight, like:

If you are downed and both destroyers are between you and the rest of the team, maybe use a revive pack instead of letting yourself get stomped before we get to you (on the extraction wave, costing you and us money)

If you join a shotgun skirmish, use something that's not a Revenant for the entire game. Like a shotgun, you could use one of those.

Don't just stare at the device objective that is in front of you in your line of sight long enough for me to get all the way across the map from the last one (that I also deactivated, along with the one before that) to deactivate it right in front of your dumb face.

...These are the three different pubbies from the one game I've played today :v:

edit: I'm not endorsing the lovely firebase zero sniper camp meta, I think we've all had our fill of that poo poo by now - Still, if the entire rest of the team is set up for it and very clear that that's what's happening, if you gently caress it up on purpose, you're the rear end in a top hat in that scenario.

....I still blame pubbies.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

As long as you don't go in the tower you're fine to steal all the kills while they plink away at the wraith that got away

also I don't care if I gently caress up their spawns, they need to stay on their toes and it's also nice that I always know where to run if things get spicy

http://i.imgur.com/gn9W1P3.gifv

The Turian agent is a very interesting class to me. Basically because you can play him as a close range class or a sniper. I made him into an all seeing, wall-hacking, sniper with the ability to kill mooks with head shots through several walls! I haven't tried a close ranged build yet but I was wreaking silver as a level 1 and continue to do so as a level 15. What's the general consensus about the agent? Is he better at close range or long range? And keep in mind I'm going to be sticking with my long ranged build for a while no matter the evidence, because I miss my goddamned Drell Assassin from ME3!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of Kett. I basically solo'd an entire round on gold with my Turian agent! It was great! Had to use 3 revive packs and we lost next round but I thought it was worth it! https://youtu.be/tA4ro1x4q6U

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Hahahahahahahahahah gently caress Kett and bad internet connections! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DdML4tYhH0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So I just got the angara avenger and oh boy is she a lot of fun!!! It's like playing the N7 shadow back in ME3. I bet loads of people have advise as to how to spec her right off the bat. I was told a melee build with ramping damage is good. So far I've been using the dhan with the shock trooper upgrade for more power cells. I think a full on power cell build could be interesting too. What do you guys think?

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 23, 2017

• Locked thread