Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So a little tip for you guys that don't already know this, but the human kineticist is GOD MODE!!! Max out ascendency first then go barrier for some more shields then GO TO TOWN!!! Always try to get ascendency up first. When it's maxed out you can get it up in only 3 kills. General strategy of mine is to tap pull and lance weaker enemies in the air. Pulling and throwing dudes off cliffs is fun but can get tedious and isn't as effective as creating biotic explosions all the time. For the stronger enemies just lance them to death. Once you get your GOD MODE on you can start doing some really fun stuff! Infinite pulling and lancing dudes for explosions is fun, as well as infinite lancing shielded and armored targets. Always, always, ALWAYS keep an eye on your shields. Once your shields go out you'll lose ascendency so play conservatively and don't spam powers when your shields are low. With full barrier you can keep your shields up easier and your powers only drain about 10% of your shields so go nuts with the powers!!!!!

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I'm open to anything that can make this game more interesting and not a mindless chore nowadays, like the double ammo bug! https://youtu.be/QRX09B6XyW4

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Looks like multiplayer isn't working for me ATM. Might try to get on later today and check out the new weapon mod packs. I need those last two mods!!!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Cash Monet posted:

Are some classes better than others for combos? For the huntress I have Throw specd to prime but Lance won't set it off. Also cryo/overload only works some of the time for human engineer.

Absolutely. The asari adept and kineticist are among the best comboers in the game. The krogan engineer is good at combos too. The human engineer is good you just need to completely freeze your target to combo with overload.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

I really want to like the game because sometimes cool stuff happens but there's so much bullshit to wade through

http://i.imgur.com/ZqXLC0r.gifv

The human sentinel is nnnnnnnaasty!!!!! Best comboer in the game actually. Just got her up to XX rank. She's very good on platinum too.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone have any good strategies for platinum yet? Just beat it for the second time with a bunch of pubbies and once before with an almost full group. We did outlaw/sandstorm and camped up top until poo poo got too hot and jumped down. I played a human sentinel and comboed everything. Second time around I played a Turian agent and just did the objectives while the pubbies did all the work.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

Edit: I should also say we lost the old way of clearing trash: Over-cover grabs.

It's now the dogs way of clearing us out of cover and into the face of multiple hydra missiles.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

So does anyone know if you have to max out the rank on normal weapons to get the variants? I haven't got a single rare variant and I haven't maxed out a regular rare weapon yet.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Two Finger posted:

I'm just gonna ask it here. In the single player is there any equivalent to the power wheel from the previous games or are you seriously locked to whichever three powers you selected for that particular profile/favourites?

Yea. Basically.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Dilb posted:

UR characters all have some unique mechanics. Kineticist has ascension, exemplar has bonuses on tech combos, duelist has asari sword and teleporting through walls, gladiator has krogan hammer, the salarian has invasion, the avenger has sudden strike.

Of course, none of the URs are that great overall. The avenger is almost broken because she can spam sticky grenades and stealth grid, but otherwise URs tend to be more gimmicky than effective. Don't get me wrong, they're fun, but like the kineticist can't do anything to armoured enemies, especially now that they fixed the barrels to not do 50x the damage they should.

The kineticist can definitely do some good damage to armored and shielded enemies. With fire ammo she can wreak fiends with infinite fire combos to its face using lance. Also people think that it's a great idea to use the kineticist to lift and throw barrels at dudes. It's completely not. Walking around with an explosive barrel right in front of your face is a death sentence! One shot will make it explode in your face. Honestly the only effective way to use the kineticist is to pull and lance dudes in the air to make biotic explosions all day. And use ammo and lance for everything else.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 15, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

DancingShade posted:

If the single player thread wasn't dead I'd post this there, but ehhhh

https://www.masseffect.com/trial

Open ended availability of the free trial. Makes sense - sales must be pretty much zero so with nothing to lose why not try?

Not even 6 months old and nearly giving it away :allears:

It's only 10 hours though.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/S9IMMdI.gifv

Sparky sparks!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Across the board? I don't have a Hurricane, but what I've been told is that it's a fantastic gun with one weakness - lovely clip size. Of course the people who said that still use it all the time, so yeah.

It's not the clip size that's the problem it's the max ammo supply. You put on a mag increase mod without a ammo capacity increase and you'll tear through all your ammo in seconds. I usually run the hurricane with no clip size mod and a thermal clip capacity boost.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Tasoth posted:

You're going to want a solid XX character, a maxed gun and a premade party. Platinum is not the place to PUG.

Also stealth, lots of stealth.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

precision posted:

They really should try making the MP free at this point, played some last night and all the balance and new classes feel just right finally (other than dumb stuff like the diluted Rare pool when I still have Rare guns that are rank 1 or 2)

Batarian Scrapper is extremely good. Not quite as ridiculous as TurAgent but pretty pretty pretty good.

e: at least I finally maxed my Talon!

What do you mean free? Like everything just unlocked?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

For some reason they've put on some unlock packs. At least on ps4, I see some kind of shortcut thing you can buy?

Gotta get every last dollar I guess.

Maybe we should also change the thread title to rip multiplayer: 2017-2017.

Never.

https://youtu.be/W96S2M7cwuE

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Seemlar posted:

Ah, it's a Bronze mission to unlock an APEX pack this week, no probl...

:catstare:

FAKE NEWS!!!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm a little shy of 8,000 APEX rating and I can play comfortably on Platinum difficulty. Do you know how many items I have to unlock before the uncommon tier is completely squared away? About 350 or so, and that's if the variant weapon mods aren't actual things I can unlock. If I can, that's up to what, 430? Jesus Christ, that's... let's liberally consider that around 400 packs because I feel like you get 2 uncommons more often than you get 1 rare. But that's still 8 million loving credits. That's 60-something Platinum extractions. All to unlock weapon variants and mod variants that are all already too weak for me to use because they're not as useful as Rozerads and Hurricanes equipped with barrels and scopes. That's insanely stupid

Has no one figured out that you can only buy weapon mod variants from the item store using mission funds? I've been buying common weapon mods for ages now and even have some maxed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I save up my mission funds for guaranteed ultra-rare weapons and that's how I've gotten the Rozerad and Hurricane that let me hang in Platinum while the rest of the squad has twice my APEX Rating, so

Honestly I always see that as a waste. You'll get them anyways just by buying character or reserve packs. If you want everything you'll only be able to get the weapon mods for a limited time via mission funds. Why not buy a lot instead of a little?

• Locked thread