Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
Silver is goddamn brutal. Don't even know what will happen in gold. Basic shooty enemies are most dangerous by far - they will melt you while big scary things flop around the map with their gimmick jumps and telegraphed attacks.
And holy hell, the bullet sponges. A Chosen on silver takes 80% of a Mattock magazine to put down, with most hits being headshots.
So far the only way to do silver drops I've found is rolling at least two Vanguards.
Biotic and Tech explosions are underwhelming too. A huge blast of blue space magic sends enemies flying but deals a grand total of 20% health damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
The new cover system rocks, finally game developers have figured out how to implement it without being a horrible clunky mess. Overall tacticoolness is much improved too - shoulder swapping, using grenades to flush enemies out of cover and abilities to buy yourself time to get to your next position - everything just clicks.
But the goddamn bullet sponges ruin everything. Who cares if your decision was tactically right if the basic shieldless enemy footsoldier takes a whole AR magazine to kill?

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
I wish Bioware would just tweak the numbers in MP balance. They've made all those cool ray/laser/plasma guns with single shot, burst fire and other gimmicks, but none of them are usable right now because they all can't kill jack poo poo.
Playing every single drop as a team of two punching vanguards and two Vanquisher-toting infiltrators/soldiers gets old really fast, and you can't even do anything about it, unlike muting stupid pubbies with hot mics and kicking lvl1 apex rating 23 retards from gold lobbies.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
Just tried a silver run. My Mattock VI with level 4 (ultra rare!!) incendiary ammo and level 3 (+30%) ar booster still takes 20ish shots to kill a single Chosen.
I am done. I am so loving done.

• Locked thread