Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'll be grinding this soon, wanna get a little deeper into the plot. PSN: burtology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Finally started playing this this afternoon, I think my plan will be buying Basic packs until I hit 10 with something then go from there.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Alteisen posted:

I think I've spent more time lobby hopping than playing, loving hosts idling in open lobbies.

Some things truly never change.

Had two games where the host hits ready then goes off to take a poo poo or whatever and leaves us 3v all match.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

For the phone app squad, what level should Strike Teams be to handle Golds? 20ish?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

IcePhoenix posted:

Level cap is 20, but you'll need equipment and mission mods that coincide with your traits to have a better than 50% chance of success on golds. Have fun!

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I tried around 4-6 with two teams. I failed a lot, picked up only one negative trait from a "critical" failure, and got lots of extra XP compared to succeeding at bronze. Once I got lucky and succeeded at one I got A LOT of XP (like multiple levels gained at once) and a positive trait. I'd pick at least one team as a sacrificial lamb to try, if he gets nuked with negative traits you can reserve him for missions that don't have the appropriate modifiers or eventually replace and retire him.

Without positive traits I think a level 20 only has around a 40% chance of success at Gold, so I'd say once you're in the 20%tile of success you might as well try and not have too much of a chance at a critical failure.

Interesting, okay I'll scope it out and report back. Curious that they would make a phone game and then basically curb you on golds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Does the purchasable equipment rotate every week or is it just every so often?

• Locked thread