Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

precision posted:

Human Eng is great except for having a dead skill (Turret) though maybe that's a good thing because it means they have something you can safely ignore.

I dunno. Turret is a decent distraction early on, and a later upgrade gives a 30% tech power recharge bonus if you stay near it (along with 2%/sec repair of the turret).

E: Oh, also, additional ranks of a class (earned through packs) add additional points as well as cosmetic options, so it's a bit unclear to me how many total points will be available to spend. It looks like 4 extra points at rank 2, a cosmetic option at rank 3, and another 4 points at rank 4. Not sure how it progresses beyond that.

Av027 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Throne of Bhalz posted:

How are you guys queuing as party for multiplayer games with a group of less than four? My friend and I can't get anyone to join our lobby.

(X-post from single player thread, which I hadn't seen at the time. Sorry!)

Set it up as private, get everyone you want in, then go into settings and kick it back over to public. It'll fill the lobby, or it can also fill while underway. So far I've seen the lobby fill near instantly.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

If you have garbage guns and no classes above the starters, I'd say Adept, Engineer and Sentinel are good, in that order.

I somehow ended up with one of the human sentinels at rank 9, while the rest of my basic classes are closer to 5, so I gave him a shot. Couple rounds in I'd maxed out tech armor, and I'm actually quite impressed with the durability of the class (chose the damage reduction evolutions, and the 50% shield recharge/recharge delay after being hit evolution). Surprisingly effective even though I only have invested points into tech armor. Been running with the Sweeper assault rifle, which I have mixed feelings about, but it doesn't need reloads, so I never have to worry about interrupting a reload to advance, retreat, or melee. Seems to work ok so far. Sentinel combos nicely with Asari adept too, since you have two detonator abilities. Deployable barrier is useful during extractions and objective rounds too.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

ijyt posted:

Oh man the terror of being stuck in a dead end with two banshees bearing down is kind of the thing I miss from this MP.

Oh don't worry, if you play enough pub games (say, two), your team will throw in the sponge hard during an objective round, and though you won't be in the old "cornered" position, you'll be in the newer, upgraded "surrounded" position instead.

Honestly, sometimes this game gives me flashbacks to playing Assault in Space Marine. Where there literally is nowhere you can go that you aren't being shot in the rear end. Shields? What shields?

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

StarbloodKiss posted:

Just thought I'd mention this, but I tried to figure out why ME:A MP keeps crashing and apparently the symbols used for debugging aren't included with Microsoft's symbol store. To find your Andromeda dumplogs, they're located under: C:\%Username%\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Andromeda\Temp

Maybe someone else can try looking at them since maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I tried to view it and all I got was:

code:
ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MassEffectAndromeda.exe
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=00000000000001b8 rcx=0000000000000038
rdx=000000260000002f rsi=0000000000000009 rdi=000000000f516bc0
rip=0000000145c4a68f rsp=000000002a71e6c0 rbp=00000001c8b7c408
 r8=00000000000000b8  r9=0000000000000b73 r10=0000000006af1320
r11=000000002a71e740 r12=000000002a71f150 r13=0000000006a0f7a0
r14=0000000000007fff r15=00000000ffffffff
iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na pe cy
cs=0033  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010203
MassEffectAndromeda+0x5c4a68f:
00000001`45c4a68f 488b84c2e0000000 mov     rax,qword ptr [rdx+rax*8+0E0h] ds:00000026`0000011f=????????????????
Either way, at least I know what to submit for tickets now since I know where the dumps are. I was also running performance monitor and the only thing that looked strange was that my network traffic spiked really high when my game crashed. Memory\CPU\etc was around 70-80%

Well, I don't know about all that mess, but I can say this: I was having crash issues somewhat regularly (every 10 games?), and was also noticing that when in menus, -occasionally- if someone started playing the game or stopped or sent me a message, the screen would go black for a few seconds, then come back up, inform me that Dickbrain201 was now playing The Sims 28, and my hatred for Origin grew. So, since I was sick of that bullshit, and was wondering if it might be causing the crashes during matches, I turned off all of the notifications (left the overlay on). Haven't had a crash since, have played easily more than 40 games without trouble.

I also had an issue with the Firebase Zero map. I usually host for my buddies, and suddenly whenever that map would load, it wouldn't. It'd take forever to get up to about 80% loaded, and then sit there. I just assumed it was a bug, pulled up task manager, killed the game and restarted it a few times before I drew the correlation with that map. Ran a repair, it downloaded close to 1GB, repaired something, problem solved. So, if the notification fix doesn't do anything for ya, try a repair maybe.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Yeah, I use that pretty extensively with my human adept. It's actually just a biotic punch you're doing (it'll kill them if they're weak enough), but transfers force too. Usually rip dudes and dags off their feet, biopunchslam them into a nearby wall, and then dump disciple rounds into them to finish them off. Pretty effective. I *think* that some sort of force upgrade I did made me able to punch them a lot further than I could at first, but I don't remember exactly since I play a bunch of different classes. Maybe the rank 6 Biotic Expert under Offensive Biotics (or maybe just the rank 3 20% force bonus, I dunno)? Looking at the spec again, it's possible that Biotic Warrior, adding 15% melee force, might be good for that but I am not specced into it, so it's not what I'm thinking of. In any case, if your punchthrow is always a dud, maybe one of those will give it some kick, so to speak.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

More like async kills

This.

Had a fiend sync kill me a couple days ago on the derelict map. I'm at the top of the ramp (far end, away from spawn), he's walking along the outer walkway. I see him coming, dash back away from the wall, planning to head towards the other side of the map, and I get yanked back to where I was standing prior to the dash. At least 5 seconds passes with me frantically dodging and getting ripped back to start while the fiend casually saunters around the corner, up the ramp, grabs me, and stomps a mudpuddle in my rear end.

I could only laugh. It was too ridiculous to be angry about.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

AngryBooch posted:

If I'm reading these balance changes right the Predator pistol is better than a Mattock in terms of damage and fire rate. And only weighs 3 lbs. compared to 19 lbs.

Um... yeah. Some other benefits to the Mattock, but yeah, less damage and fire rate.

Going from Predator to Mattock, both at X:

66 (-10) Damage
405 (-45) RoF
16 (+1) Max mag size
350 (+121) Max ammo
75 (+10) Accuracy
13 (+10) Weight

E: Note this is on a human adept with 5% weapon damage bonus, so numbers aren't completely stock.

E2: Accurate damage numbers are 63 (-9)

Av027 fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 6, 2017

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Piell posted:

Did they shorten the time it takes to use devices? It seems faster than it used to be.

Yeah, at least twice as fast per device now. Makes device rounds a breeze. Maybe too easy. I'd recommend having the team spread out - you can knock a device out in a few seconds as long as the area is somewhat clear of enemies. Takes longer to get to a device than disable it.

Bronze/Silver are definitely easier than they were previously. Enemies die more quickly, and the combos I was doing actually seemed to take a decent chunk of health off. Used the Mattock X a bit, and found it wanting, but it's "OK" overall I'd say. Nothing to write home about, and definitely not a primary you can rely on, but fine for finishing off enemies. It's accurate, and fast firing, just not optimal. Used with Krogan Engineer, and it complimented my combos pretty well I think. Sandstorm is still poo poo though IMO. Fire rate is poo poo, damage doesn't make up for it.

Unfortunately, in the 5 games I played, I completed two, lost sound entirely in one, and crashed to desktop in two. I hadn't lost sound for the better part of a week, and hadn't crashed for longer than that, and I play a fair bit. I was also seeing bits of the match UI bleeding into the menus post-game. Player indicators, shield and health indicators, etc. Happened after both successful games, which were separated by a client restart. Anyway, needless to say I stopped playing after the second crash. That said, if stability isn't a problem for you, don't dismiss the patch as poo poo just because there were some nerfs to "stuff that worked". There's a whole lot of undocumented poo poo they changed, and in the admittedly limited time I played it since the patch, I'd say it's an improvement overall.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

RBA Starblade posted:

If you fire it in in small bursts the Charger outdamages the Mattock at medium range. The Charger's pretty much always equipped on my characters. It's especially nice on vanguards because you can charge, punch, then hold the trigger if they get slightly out of melee range and the problem goes away. It does decent damage to armor somehow, too.

Now if the game would just give me a pistol mod. All I've got is the melee 1 one!

Oh no doubt there are better choices than the Mattock. But it's sorta usable as long as you're not trying to make it your primary damage source. Or, if you prefer, you can probably use it in combination with your abilities to get enough kills for the 140,000 points you need to get its portion of the weapon achievements now. But if you bring it to Gold, or intend to heavily rely on it, kiss your rear end goodbye.

Charger gets even better with the extended mag. I like it, but have been avoiding it since it's too easy. I've basically been using it as a backup weapon for snipers and shotgun users, though it doesn't get used much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Kaysette posted:

Singularity also takes so loving long to recharge, I'm spoiled after playing vanguard to almost 20. Asari Adept owns but I can't get into the human one.

I built my first human adept with a spec that tanked singularity. I basically humped pull, and punched dudes off cliffs, or into walls then shotgunned them, using singularity as an oh poo poo button, and (6b) lifting shockwave to disrupt problem enemy clumps.

With the second one I decided to try to use singularity no matter how bad it was. And it's... actually not as terrible as I thought? The key is cooldown reduction, which you can get from Singularity itself, as well as from Offensive Biotics. I was running a 1/6/5/5/6 build on my push to 20 last night, finishing first consistently on silver, with a scattershot shotgun (I like the static blast pattern), and the adaptive war amp - no consumables. Sure, combos aren't amazing damage generally, but on silver some weaker enemies (outlaw dogs for instance) I can throw out singularity, combo it with shockwave, and then manually detonate singularity, and they're dead. It's great crowd control, a good debuff, comes back relatively quickly, and does decent damage. The build is hard to kill as well, with saving barrier as well as biotic link to restore shields.

I think my final spec for that guy is:

3 Pull
6 Singularity (a, b, a)
5 Shockwave (a, a)
6 Offensive Biotics (b, a, a)
6 Barrier (a, a, b)

• Locked thread