Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I asked in the big ME:A thread but what are the chances that the multiplayer code has a hammer taken to it? I understand that it's peer-to-peer and so to some extent the problem is an unavoidable one but as someone who came to ME3MP late, 3's multiplayer never felt anywhere near this bad this consistently. I stopped equipping boosters around hour four because it was a good three-quarters chance the match would be unplayable.

I spent nine hours of my ten-hour trial in MP so if they fix the network issues and the single-player is at least decent - which seems to be the case if you navigate the insanity of the other thread to extract some sane opinions - I'm gonna pick this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Chasiubao posted:

No he won't, there is no round 11 :smug:
I do like that change I must admit. Even if most games of MEA seem to last about the same time as ME3, sometimes the ME3 ones could feel really long.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
PC Origin is Piersonn

I wonder if anyone got the Super-Deluxe Edition for an extra Premium Pack a week for an extra £20.

Like, what the gently caress?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It took three wins of Silver to earn a Premium Spectre pack in ME3, from my rewards so far maybe 6-7 if you can consistently clear Silver for the new Andromeda equivalent, what the gently caress!?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The lag seems to have gotten a ton better since the game started unlocking, but I have no clue why that would be the case.

As for the common classes they don't feeling boring so much as they feel 'standard' if that makes sense. Sometimes I can't be bothered playing well and just want to plink anyway with concussion/grenades from behind cover and Soldier suits me fine for that. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That will be fixed real fast when you get a couple of 5000-cred packs a match.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Objective waves are timed, did you lose track of what round you were on? No judgement, it's happened to my entire team (including myself) before.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

GenericOverusedName posted:

So what's with the little strike team things you can send duders to when you're not playing. Anybody have much info on how they work?
The loot boxes they give you an to be exclusively for the single player mode which sucks. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Silver seems a good spot right now with enemies that are easy to kill if you're careful but if you get lazy or dumb even basic Chosen will gently caress you up. Can't imagine how hard Gold/Platinum are though.

Like a lot of stuff feels unbalanced.

Skippy McPants posted:

As for combos themselves, remember that they have a damage multiplier based on difficulty. They do pisspoor DPS on bronze,, but much better in Silver and Gold.
Interesting. Sounds like Bronze/Silver are for pubbing and Gold/Plat require actual team-building and communication?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are there any other games besides this and Mass Effect 3 that have a similar short match/wave-based coop thing tied with random box-opening stuff because every match I've tried to enter has kicked me to the main menu.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well it turns out the ME3 is actually still kicking so gently caress it, back to that until the biggest MEA problems are fixed.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tasoth posted:

I really just want them to fix the weapons damage. Then I'll be all in for another 700 hours of MEMP.
Yeah after going back to ME3 I found the controls and movement extremely fiddly and missed the more vertical/faster movement of MEA so I'm just gonna stick to MEA single-player for a while. The combat aesthetic is fun, the guns are just too anemic to feel good. I hope fixing that is as simple as altering the values of some lines of code. I hope.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 2, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is the starting sniper rifle usable at rank X on gold? I have my Widow 1 and my Infiltrator at X and 20, would like to start running golds but apparently the difference between I and X guns is now huge?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Relentless posted:

The only thing I've found that comes close is Vermintide. It's built off of a L4D skeleton, so more "moving through the level completing set onjectives" instead of waiting for things to come to you in waves. And it has its own pile of balance and technical issues, but it is pretty fun.
Yeah I love Vermintide, just taking a break from it right now in case of burnout.

I assume people are already discussing the planned changes in the other thread? Hope we get some real MP stuff and not just a few decimal points while they focus on fixing the single-player stuff that has gotten the most media attention.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah that's the link I saw too which kind of stretches the term 'patch notes' rather than 'vague plans'.

At least the massive problems mean they can't help but acknowledge them to try and save face.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Done.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The difference really is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_KwM2SyeM

Like it's still no Witcher 3/Horizon Zero Dawn but people are now recognizably human.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Guns shoot yourself instead of enemies like the Peebee trailer.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rocketpriest posted:

edit 2: Anyone else having this issue? It's starting to bug me, and there doesn't seem to be any ui options to fix it

The invisible hand of the market is coming for your RPGs!

The Asari Adept is good, shotguns are good. Pistols and combos are good.

Game is...good!?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They brought this up on reddit but while man the game is fun now the character rank system really does not treat Biotic characters well. Soldiers etc are mostly kit-complete with lower skill points but examining my Asari Adept (who is super fun holy poo poo) I'm gonna need a poo poo-ton more points to make a complete build. Can't imagine how bad it's gonna be for the UR classes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Flipswitch posted:

How do you play the Asari adept? I'm enjoying the human one a lot but haven't really checked out the Asari one.
Right now very badly since she needs a lot of her 5s and 6s to really function the way she should. She is a total close-range glass cannon and what I mainly do is run around the battlefield firing off Pushes and Lances the second anything enters my Annihilation Field and shotgunning any survivors as they lay helpless.

At lvl20 and maxed skills she gets a lot of recharge speed bonuses as well as shields being restored on enemy death so I'm gonna be pinballing around the place delivering biotic pain.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Soldier is the most basic of the basic: Shoot guns and throw grenades.

Human Vanguard is pretty good for learning more dynamic playstyles; it's fun and also pretty tanky so you don't get downed for every basic mistake you make.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Zigmidge posted:

I'd say the gamers insisting on reducing this very easy game to a process are the assholes.
Gamers gonna game.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Maaan I just can't bring myself to like the Ruzad. The short magazine and the weird disconnect between reload animation and actually reloading just kill it for me. Are there any other good shotguns that aren't UR?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
BIOTIC GOLD

Asari Adept is real good yall.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My hubris has been punished, I clicked the wrong button and prestiged my beautiful blue killer back to level one. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I immediately spent those 10 APEX points on an exp booster. Seemed appropriate.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
oh my god thats even worse

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I got like fifty hours of MP out of this, time to finish up the singleplayer and call it a day. Oh well.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How are the credit rewards for Platinum? Is it like the jump from Silver > Gold where clearing three waves of Gold got you slightly more than an entire game of Silver?

Edit: Apparently the loot table is weighted against finding variants/veteran cards until you have many/most maxed regular cards but the subreddit is still blowing the gently caress up and to be honest I can kind of appreciate their point if the weighting isn't working correctly, which people are saying it doesn't seem to be.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 7, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My Origin account shows I put 90 hours into this game and I'm pretty sure my dad got another forty out of the single-player.

Overall I don't regret having bought it but man, what a loving way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I liked Vetra but I dunno if that's because she was a good character or because I had residual fond feelings from Garrus, one of the greatest RPG companions of all time.

• Locked thread