Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I played ME3 multiplayer obsessively non-stop for eighteen months or something. I've been really looking forward to this but first impressions are... I'm not sure. I want to love it but it's not love at first sight.

Also, did the multiplayer servers just poo poo the bed? I was in the middle of a mission and got disconnected, can't get back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
MEA bronze seems harder than ME3 bronze was. Or is that just my faded memories of a game I haven't played in two years?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Alteisen posted:

Anyone know what causes you Apex rating to go up?

I don't even know why it says "Fun Shoe" under my name.
<----

Also, it took two successful extractions and a bunch more wipeouts before the game admitted that yes, I had passed the tutorial challenge.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I sure did love ME3 multiplayer.

lol 801 hours.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

They took out over cover grabs, right? I tried it a couple times last night and just got my rear end out of cover and dead instead

Tragically yes. The ME3 game AI whined too much about player sync kills.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Troposphere posted:

I saved up to buy the good loot box and got the angara avenger and she owns and I named her Brenda

You know, I kind of miss naming my multiplayer guys. If I remember, the Krogans were all either Grrr or Argghh. Also irked that I can't select the perfect shade of blue for my Asari adept.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

katkillad2 posted:

So I've got a human soldier to 20 and an asari adept to 15 so far and I think a big issue I'm having with the game is progression from bronze to silver just seems so brutal. It feels like unless I'm playing with a competent group I'll be stuck in bronze hell forever.

This was just as true in ME3, though.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

God drat it I just bought another away team before reading the thread

Same.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zigmidge posted:

The idea is to use team 1 to cycle out all the gold missions that nobody can handle to keep giving you bronze and silver missions which you use to train up teams 2 and 3. They'll rack up a bunch of negative modifiers but you don't care about that for these guys, their only purpose is to cycle out gold missions and rack up the occasional success.

So I sent level 2 Strike Team Tango, aka The Expendables, on a gold mission with 5% chance of success. They pulled it off and went straight to level 11, gaining the attribute "Heroic". Can't argue with that.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I miss the Quarians. And the Volus.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
What is up with nameplates? Mine won't stay set for more than two missions before it disappears.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

Anyone else unable to connect?

Yeah, on Xbone. Can't get online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Been playing the campaign recently but I popped into some multiplayer today and it seems maybe shotguns actually do damage now?

• Locked thread