Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
First - you need to have a lot of money. This will let you purchase nice tailor-fit clothes, a good haircut, and provides a confident posture. You don't really need this job, you just want to push yourself and you think this conglomerate has the right stuff.

Second - A firm handshake. Nothing says "I know my business" like a tight squeeze around another man's wrist.

Third - ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Already have a job.

What you're not good enough for jobs? Then why would we give you one?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Gif makes a good point. Wearing socks are pretty important unless you are interviewing at a surf shop (the chill atmosphere there may call for flip flops!)

Not convinced about the sprinkles.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
-if at all possible try to be born white and male

google THIS

Nothing says "I want this job" like saying "I want this job." Don't dance around the subject or get bogged down with details. Be straight and to the point. Prospective employers will appreciate your honesty. Here is an example job interview:

Prospective Employer: Why do you want this job?

You: I would like to have the money, also I think this job is right for me.

PE: What makes you think that you are the best fit for this job?

You: I meet the qualifications better than any other candidate.

PE: What would you say is your greatest weakness?

You: Sometimes I am not as strong as I would like to be.

PE: Wow, you're hired! How does a significant signing bonus sound?

You: I accept with a poo poo-eating grin of conquest that most would find off-putting but that you will identify with as a soulless executive.

Elusif

Sign on to THIS

anime was right

death is certain
keep yr cool
if your friend has two jobs ask if they can lend you one of theirs

f u

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Be assertive. Nothing says more "take control" than actually taking control of the interview and conducting it yourself. Don't be afraid to ask yourself the tough questions, either- set yourself up, but last second pull off a real clutch answer that will guarantee you the job when you award it to yourself after the interview. Fire the previous interviewer for being less than perfect enough to conduct it for you. Continue climbing the company ladder using your self-assertive powers until you're at odds with yourself over whether or not you deserve the CEO bonus you put before the Board of Directors to award you. Ultimately, give yourself the bonus, you deserve it!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

google THIS

Eye contact is a must (see previous thread on this topic). Few interviewers can resist the sweet caress of a well-lubricated cornea.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

Eye contact is a must (see previous thread on this topic). Few interviewers can resist the sweet caress of a well-lubricated cornea.

just going to add that a good stare (2-3 minutes minimum) before conversation starts is essential to good conversation. if you're feeling confident enough pair that stare with a firm handshake and don't let go until the stare is over and your eyes have drifted down to your interviewers midsection and then back up again, add a cherry on top by whispering something unintelligible to yourself followed by a light yipping sound

google THIS

Try casually sharpening an array of knives during your interview. If you're interviewing to be a chef they'll know you mean business. If you're interviewing for any other kind of job they'll know you really mean business.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

google THIS posted:

Try casually sharpening an array of knives during your interview. If you're interviewing to be a chef they'll know you mean business. If you're interviewing for any other kind of job they'll know you really mean business.

good "point" on gaining a competitive "edge" you sure are "sharp."

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i usually spend the first five or ten minutes arranging my pogs on the interviewer's desk, its helps display my knowledge of relevant hobbies and might just set the stage for a trade further down the line

FutonForensic

the interview conductor turns around his laptop and presents me with a code challenge site. "show me how'd you solve this problem." i take the laptop, open up a new tab in Chrome and watch kitten compilations for the next eight hours

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Lowtax: "So it says here your hobbies are posting on Internet forums, watching livestreamers and jerking it 24/7 to big bouncy hentai tittays?"
Job Candidate: "uh yes sir"
L: "You really thought that would work? You've just written the job description as your hobbies"
JC: "Yes sir, sorry I know you're right it was..."
L: "Gutsy!!... and I like it! Have your first 5 front page article ideas on my desk at 8 tomorrow morning... and wear a suit."
JC: "Uh.. yes! Yessir! I won't let you down!"

As he leaves Lowtax reclines into his leather wingback chair and takes a long drag on his cigar
"hmm... reminds me of myself at his age"

Manifisto

unhinge your jaw and swallow the interviewer whole

this will show the interviewer you mean business and provide you with a well-deserved snack

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
One thing to keep to yourself when it comes to interviews is that no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Twenty Four

Never break eye contact, don't blink, slowly lick your lips, keep one hand down your pants, speaking optional.

BoldFrankensteinMir

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Lowtax: "So it says here your hobbies are posting on Internet forums, watching livestreamers and jerking it 24/7 to big bouncy hentai tittays?"
Job Candidate: "uh yes sir"
L: "You really thought that would work? You've just written the job description as your hobbies"
JC: "Yes sir, sorry I know you're right it was..."
L: "Gutsy!!... and I like it! Have your first 5 front page article ideas on my desk at 8 tomorrow morning... and wear a suit."
JC: "Uh.. yes! Yessir! I won't let you down!"

As he leaves Lowtax reclines into his leather wingback chair and takes a long drag on his cigar
"hmm... reminds me of myself at his age"

Can confirm.

Also, it never hurts to offer a bribe, especially if it's a relevant job like ethics board member or independent police investigator. Offer your bribe clearly and directly, preferably with many witnesses.

Twenty Four

Walk in to interview room, tell the interviewer "Lookin good!". Dump a bucket of barbecue sauce all over them, and pull out a knife and fork. "Lookin real good!"

Rushi

by Smythe
byob post history

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

Tell interviewer "You don't look a day over 40! Like 40k a year, did you just get a raise yesterday? How much do they pay here?"

Darkman Fanpage
dont bother showing up.

vanisher

Smash your interviewer with a picture frame. Then tell them to shout out "I've been framed!" when they run out of the office.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Third. Tuck your pants in to your socks

vanisher

A heavy coating of Vaseline on the palms will leave an impression not soon forgotten with the hiring manager after your handshake.

vanisher

Be constantly drinking water during the interview. Like you are dying of thirst. Gasp loudly for air between chugging. Let the water pour down your face, making your clothing slick with moisture. Answer in short raspy responses between gulps.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Be prepared to ask for a raise before you even get the job.

Something along the lines of:

"Listen, we all know my value around here is worth well more than what I am currently being paid. I think a 10% raise with a $4000 bonus is perfectly reasonable, under the circumstances."

This will show your potential employee that you won't be pushed around like so many of the white collar peons at XYZ Enterprises, and he will have to take you seriously.

Manifisto

offer to switch places with your interviewer for a day, in the style of trading places or about a zillion other movies. when it comes time to switch back (each having learned an important lesson), don't switch. bingo, you've got a job! don't hire other you though, that would just be awkward.

FutonForensic

the greatest power play is to Play With Power. bring an NES and a 2L of cherry soda and friend, you've turned a dull interruption of someone's workday into a party

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

FutonForensic posted:

the greatest power play is to Play With Power. bring an NES and a 2L of cherry soda and friend, you've turned a dull interruption of someone's workday into a party

Also, let your interviewer get first dibs on Mario. But - if he goes for Lugio, you better bail out as that's a red flag that the business is lazy and complacent.

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Get your dick out early, remember to draw the smiley face on it before the interview.

City of Glompton

If you want to bring a snack that is fine, but bring enough to share. let the interviewer have first dibs to show you are courteous

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Deadmeat Redux

Little lost BYOB
Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
You: Sitting in my executive office reminiscing with you about the awesome answer I gave to this question at the interview 10 years ago and the magical partnership of success that it spawned between us. We then high five and go out for tacos.

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Nothing says "hire me" like a high pressure stream of blood from the eyes. Make sure to coat as much of the room as possible to mark it as your territory.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Criticize their business model before even sitting down.

In fact - don't sit down at all.

Lay into their entire methodology and explain how you would change it; thereby showing your invaluable quality.

A quick "GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF" smack across the face will also establish alpha-personality traits.

Space Taxi
When they ask you "Where do you see yourself in five years?" look the guy straight in the eye and say, "Doing your job."

FutonForensic

interviewer walks in. you stand up. "d-dad? it's me... it's ya boi..." you have a touching reunion. the man who thinks you're his progeny passes the company on to you, which you tank immediately. another facet of capitalism destroyed.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

interviewer walks in. you stand up. "d-dad? it's me... it's ya boi..." you have a touching reunion. the man who thinks you're his progeny passes the company on to you, which you tank immediately. another facet of capitalism destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

FutonForensic posted:

• Locked thread