Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

WarpedLichen posted:

My only regret with this LP is that I won't see as many battles if diplomacy works.

Even with a perfect diplomatic game (unlikely with the starting hand Mukip's gotten), the Empire has a ton of threats on every side. As mentioned Skarsnik is an absolute menace if you ignore him for long. The Dwarfs in our neck of the mountains are greedy tinpot dumbasses (See the Grudge of Drong above) and will use any loophole to screw with us or our allies. Boris Todbringer and his best buds in Nordland can gently caress up your plans for a united Empire, and there's plenty of fun surprises to our southeast that might decide to visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Making a special request to see the big map with the Diplomatic Filter and the Relations Filter activated at the end of each update. Because there are never enough maps.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

MonsterEnvy posted:

l
I am glad Thorgrim has a pretty good head on his shoulders and more or less sees how the Dwarf obsession with vengeance holds them back.

Yeah, Thorgrim's thing is that he vowed to cross out every grudge in The Book, which is a giant book of every wrong committed against Dwarfs ranging from "slaughtered our kin" to "was short two pennies on a bill 200 years ago". It's an impossible task, but Thorgrim's managed to cross out more than he's put in so at least he's done better than the last few kings.

In-game the Dwarfs have a quest-screen called the Book of Grudges that gets filled with quests to hunt down the specific generals that conquer your cities as well as randomly generated ones like "we still don't have those two pennies, go take it out of his offspring's hide".

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Weavered posted:

I'm really enjoying this LP. Haven't played a TW game since being disappointed with Empire (and then discovering Paradox games) but this looks pretty good. Is there anything particularly important that someone who doesn't know about Warhammer would need to know before playing it?

Not much, Warhammer sticks close to satire when it's at its best. All the human factions are flimsy copies of real-world nations in the late Medieval/Early Renaissance (aka Early Modern), the Elves are just as pompous and skilled as the Tolkien ones but nobody has the patience for it, the Dwarfs are as Dwarfy as any other setting, and we've covered the Orcs already.

The only faction that's handled kinda uniquely are the Vampires. Becoming a Vampire doesn't automatically make you evil, and there's a few cases in the background of Vampires living perfectly normal lives or using the curse to do some good. It's just that immortality and having to suck blood to survive tends to warp a person's morals after a couple decades.

CA was holding onto the actually unique races for the recently announced sequel-spansion Total Warhammer 2, such as the dinos riding dinos and mutant rat people.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 4, 2017

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Artificer posted:

So the vamps, orcs, goblins, chaos, and dark elves just are utter assholes and have no redeeming qualities really, huh? Yeesh. Well I guess if you want to make a bad guy team amongst a group of rear end in a top hat teams, you gotta make it clear.

Hey now! At least Vamps are classy evil assholes that will fight to save the world against Chaos, and the Greenskins have a humorous charm in their bloody determination to keep "fightin' an' winnin'". Chaos and DE though, yeah they're just crazy evil assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Herr Tog posted:

amazing

now do orks

Once upon a time, you had this Football game. Grand ol' game it was, Midtown Morks 'ginst the Glasgow Gorks. Game went into overtime and wound up 3-2. Damned if I remember if the Gorks or Morks won, grand ol' scrap though. Well o' course after a game like that the Morks' (Gorks?) boys got to a bit of rioting, and soon as you know every lorrie in the lot's flipped and flamin' away. After a bit of a tussle the Gork & Mork boys decided to hoof it home, smashing windows, drawing graffiti and popping anyone that looked at 'em funny (or just plain looked funny) square inna jaw. And more boyz kept joining up as they went through town, so many that they couldn't decide they couldn't decide where they were going. But everyone was having a blast beating the snot out of each other and taking whatever they found, so it didn't matter. So they come to the edge of town and the Gork boss (Mork boss?) managed to yell over the crowd, and he says in his finest bellow:

"WE'Z HAVIN' FUN, ROIGHT?!"

"ROIGHT!!" say the boyz,

"AN' YA WANT MORE FUN, ROIGHT?!"

"ROIGHT!!!!"

"WELL I KNOW A PUB IN THE NEXT VILLAGE, LETS GET MOVIN'!"

[B][I]WAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

And they've been movin' ever since.

• Locked thread