Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I was just curious how the economy of Cuba compares to its neighbors So I used the world bank website to plot a few of them out. Top: GDP per capita, PPP (constant international $); Bottom: GDP per capita (current US$)

Sorry it's kind of small, looks like I messed it up when cropping the image, for a better look you can go to the website here: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD?end=2013&locations=CU-JM-DO-HT-S3&name_desc=true&start=1970&view=chart and download the data or w/e.

At a glance Cuba is on top of the PPP graph and is fairly similar to the other large islands. Trinidad and Tobago is the richest sovereign state in the Caribbean, relying on industrial exports and oil production, and Haiti is the poorest. I'm surprised Cuba has managed to maintain decent economic growth since the late 1990s, I guess the growth of tourism managed to make up for the loss of the USSR as a trading partner. Will be interesting to see how they change in the future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread