Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dk2m
May 6, 2009
mmhmm, yes the guy that burns the cross on the yard deserves respect because he's *~poor~*

the true left wing project is to not humanize anybody against egalitarianism and to not have sympathy for fascist scum just because they're poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009

call to action posted:

This is the left wing version of "mmmhmm, yes the guy that robs people on the streets deserves respect because he's *~black~*" and just as racist and retarded

thats quite a juicy false equivalency you got there. i too sincerely believe that a cross burning KKK member and some sort of nebulous black thief is the same???

dk2m
May 6, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

facist scum =/= Poor Midwesterner who lost their job because of poo poo trade deals, and has no economic opportunities.

If we're talking about some guy who has pictures of Adolph, and Himmler is his crib? Agreed, gently caress him. The likelihood that one can be "Deprogrammed" out of that mindset with economic programs is slim to none. That comes from a change of heart on a personal level. You can't legislate that away.

I think the point that the current left has done is disheartening. Bailing out Wall Street rather than Main Street was a massive mistake. Acting more like Rockefeller Republicans than the Party of FDR? Also a grave mistake.

We need a guaranteed income, inexpensive (or free) access to higher education/job training, single payer healthcare, end the war on drugs, end the prison pipeline and end the ability for companies to stop shipping jobs overseas/using H1-B Visa's for cheap labor/paying illegal immigrants under the table illegally. These are things that need to be championed by the current left wing party in this country as a solution to a lot of problems I see my friends, family and neighbor's experience.

fascism doesn't have to be associated with nazis. fascism is strong nationalism, government takeover of specialized industries (finance, industry, commodities), the idea that society is weak and must be strengthened through war, protectionist trade policies. fascism is an ideology that has been neatly reworded as "conservative" in the US.

The current left is some of the sorriest bunch of people. they are not liberal. that they can even convince people that someone like chuck schumer is a liberal is an insult to those that believe in liberalism.

your solution of working within a cancerous, rotten system to change things for the better is a pipedream. these things will never happen because the US socializes industry instead of labor, and blames labor when they cannot compete. remove your pity for those who are poor but are conservative - they believe nothing in the ideas of liberty and egalitarianism. they are the enemy as they keep in power those that destroy labor.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

You are literally suggesting that we should write off like 50% of the voting population :psyduck:

Do you realize that a majority is required to win elections?

the failures of the left have driven the rise of nationalistic populism. the neoliberal left has preached identity politics for so long that it has collapsed under its own promises. it has forgotten the core set of radical values that gave it strength. it has tried to act as a moderate faction that compromises on everything and agrees on nothing. we cannot make consumption ethical - it doesn't work like that.

who were the counter protestors when MLK marched? or when unions demanded a 40 hour work week? do those counter protestors make it to our history books? write them off and start anew so that the left can be strengthened.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

call to action posted:

Go ahead and explain why you think that's a false equivalency, I'd like to be entertained

one is a member of a majority group that faces almost little to no backlash in the courts of law. not to mention the tacit approval of powerful individuals depending on where he's from. Ask me how i know! (hint - ive dealt with it)

the other is some sort of nebulous black thief, not sure what you want from me here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

YEAH THAT'S IT. KILL THEM ALL BECAUSE I DISAGREE WITH THEIR PEROSNAL POLITICS. THAT'S THE TICKET. PURGE LIKE STALIN!

Seriously. Seek mental help. That's the sort of talk I'd expect from a psychopath.

did i say kill them all? nope, just that we shouldn't show them pity or compromise. i am not concerned of their well being as they are not of mine.

• Locked thread