Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Don't you mean the leader of the #resistance?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438481/chuck-schumer-democrats-will-lose-blue-collar-whites-gain-suburbs

quote:

At least publicly, Schumer has no worries about his party’s dwindling fortunes among working-class white voters. “For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

God, rereading pre-election coverage just feels so surreal. At time it seemed we were lamenting the inevitable. On November 8th, Punxsutawney Phil will see his shadow and we'll get another 8 years of neoliberalism as things will gradually get worse. That inevitability was so well cemented they couldn't even bother to offer the thinnest emptiest shreds of hope to people their policies have immiserated over the last 30 years. Of course these bloodless, alien loving ghouls lost to Trump.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't understand why people like Donna Brazille, Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Hillary herself just don't go away at this point. It feels like outlets like Time Magazine and others are so desperate to have this sort of neoliberal/west wing fantasy that the rest of the country has moved on from and wants nothing to do with.

I'm trying to articulate my thoughts without it coming out as a string of profanity with the word GLOBALISTS inserted at random intervals. In my mind the core of the problem is that we have a Political and Media class in the first place and more importantly how insulated and isolated it has become. In order to get anywhere in politics or in one of the six companies media has been consolidated down to, you need both social connections to get your foot in the door and the financial means to work for little or no pay. To even get someone's coffee, you need to be in a position where food, clothing, shelter, or any other basic necessity isn't a concern and never has been. Their focus on tone, procedure, and palace intrigue is because those are the topics and social capital of everyone else they have ever known. They themselves and no one they have known has ever had a real problem in their lives.

I think what makes me angrier than anything else is that they have no comprehension of just how much they are loathed and hated. The increasing desperation of huge swaths of the population isn't even background noise in their world. They believe they are loved.

Iron Twinkie fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 31, 2017

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

FuzzySkinner posted:

They were trying to reach some small sliver of "NEVER TRUMP" republicans that is such a minuscule, pathetic sample size that it's not even worth addressing.

What's that in the sky? A turd? A vein? A jar of mayonnaise? No it's Chuck Schumer!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438481/chuck-schumer-democrats-will-lose-blue-collar-whites-gain-suburbs

quote:

At least publicly, Schumer has no worries about his party’s dwindling fortunes among working-class white voters. “For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

The modern Democrats desperately, DESPERATELY want to be the party of Wealthy, Socially Conscious, Smart, Respectable Republicans. Why do we have to visit all these weird rat men and mole people every four years that worry about strange things like clean water, police brutality, or feeding their children when we could be retweeting and giving TED talks to like, ten other people?

Iron Twinkie fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 31, 2017

• Locked thread