Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did they say what format the digital version comes in? I'm spoiled by NIN and Bandcamp giving out FLAC files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Sweepstakes isn't nearly as bad as Superfast Jellyfish. With the crunchy, crunchy carrots (Oh that's chicken), gotta have it super fast!

It's me, I'm the one who didn't come around on Plastic Beach. So far, it's their least good album, even after The Fall.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are those remix tracks going to be available as a single download? Right now, it seems like they're $1.29 each (at least on Amazon). Maybe there'll be a H-Sides album...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Junior Jr. posted:

I'd like to judge songs on how well they hold up after some time. Like when I listened to DoYaThing, I thought it was just weird at first and didn't really have that Gorillaz feel to it, then after a few listens and finding it again months later, it grew on me and I got into how jumpy and funky it was. Also with Plastic Beach, I just listened to a few songs every now and again and they sounded great and held up years later.

DoYaThing is fine, so long you don't get the 10 minute long version. Because it's the poo poo.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't know, it looks lovely. :v:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

We still need PB-Sides, then we can get H-Sides.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, that almost looks like an official music video. Had you not said anything, I would have thought it was one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

XIII posted:

Another new track off the boxset

I just looked this up, and it's loving $500 on Amazon? What the gently caress?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I’m waiting/hoping for an H-Sides album to be announced, because as much as I love Damon... I am not spending three times what I paid for a concert ticket to see them.

As for the new track, I found it pretty enjoyable, especially the second half.

I know I could find these tracks online, but I do also like to buy my music and "own" it. But yeah, I would prefer it as another $15 (max) CD than something ridiculous. I already have the G-Sides and D-Sides albums, so just put out another.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dugong posted:

I think Humanz is more consistent than Demon Days :shrug:

Same, but when Plastic Beach came out. (At least The Fall was sold for what it was.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there any legit way to get those bonus tracks without having to buy a $300 vinyl set or whatever?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Clearly the answer is that there's a Gorillaz TV show coming out to Adult Swim soon.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

for some reason I've had Andromeda stuck in my head ever since hearing those songs today. that's a song that did not stick with me at all when Humanz came out and now I love, weird

also probably old hat to most posters but I missed this single from last year (I don't think it's even on the Deluxe release of Humanz?) which is kinda in the same wheelhouse as today's songs

https://open.spotify.com/track/5pE9vMyvVNOpZFutt6lyy4?si=h8pJWDbNTwG7kMJDWOx74A

Wikipedia says this isn't on the super deluxe vinyl, but it is a single MP3 you can buy from Amazon. (So I just did that.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nanigans posted:

And what’s up with 2D’s eyes at the end?

I remember from the Gorillaz art book that came out years ago (and a quick refresh on the wiki) that 2D had his eye damaged by Murdoc on two separate occasions. They were white before, but then Murdoc damaged them, turning them black. It's also how he took the name 2D. So probably something like helping him remember who he was.

http://gorillaz.wikia.com/wiki/2-D
Third paragraph under the background section.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, it seems like a B-Sides album, except that the first two B-Sides albums that Gorillaz put out were more interesting. This is like The Fall, down to having track names being about cities/states.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/gorillaz/status/1039894320722137088/video/1

Looks like maybe it's dropping today? If you asked me ten years ago I would have never guessed that we would have too much Gorillaz. Now I'm worried that it's too much quantity, not enough quality.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh, I already forgot that was a song title. Just a new music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Q52cVx7Bo

Noodle has my basic expression.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The only worthwhile Gorillaz remixes are 19-2000 Soulchild and El Manana Metronomy

Look at this guy who doesn't like the Junior Sanchez Remix of Dare.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They already did Bananaz, so I'm starting to feel like this is a bit too vain to do a second one. (Not to mention Rise of the Ogre.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I can't even buy the mp3 off of Amazon, and my torrent site doesn't even have it for download. This is bullshit Gorillaz! I don't want to stream!

I'm assuming this gets put on a compilation later, but still.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I missed that it came with the CD, and I want those songs in a better form than YouTube mp3s. Ordered the $25 one, nice and cheap shipping, $3 instead of $15 like I was expecting.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-7U-FDql1A

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 20, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So it turns out that didn't embed properly from mobile, but the SA iOS app converted it for me, oh well!

And now that it's live and I got to listen to it, it sounds like one of my favorite tracks so far.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope the book comes with the 17 track album. But knowing Gorillaz, the 17 track will only come with the $300 edition of the album.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hughesta posted:

The Japanese version of the release features a bonus track called Taxi Back to 80s Reykjavik

Anyone know of a good place to order this one into the US?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I downloaded those tracks, but never added them to my music library because it was like $300 to obtain them legally.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

The deluxe tracks were The Apprentice, Halfway to the Halfway House, Out of Body, Ticker Tape and Circle of Friendz. They were on the deluxe CD which was about $3 more than the regular CD iirc. They're probably also on all the digital platforms.

You're thinking of the super deluxe vinyl tracks, which included a bunch of demo stuff and worthless stuff, and like one or two good new songs like Garage Palace.

I sure am! I did buy the deluxe version, but I guess I forgot those track names.

That super deluxe poo poo drives me nuts. You can get the like 1,000 people who will buy that, or you could put them on H-Sides, sell it for $15, and I'm sure more people (like me) would buy that instantly.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My almanac hasn't even shipped yet. Same for Amazon with the deluxe edition, but I bet Amazon will ship it later tonight and I'll get it tomorrow.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Asema posted:

Just got an email that said the Almanac is shipping at the end of November

Yup, same. Very professional of them to wait until the album already came out.

On that note, Amazon isn't sending me the album until Tuesday for some weird reason. First time they've missed a release date for me.

We should really request a title change for this topic...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

no broccoli please posted:

Are you guys buying it from a store, or are they being delivered? I don't even have a shipping notice for my preorder from Warner yet, and no word on a delay or anything.

I did Amazon and it only got here today, despite them saying the 23rd on their site.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mine was stuck one state north of me for about 2 weeks. I was supposed to get it on the 17th, and I only got it Monday. That's what happens when Trump trumps up the UPS.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

im pretty sure this was supposed to come with a cd of song machine though so it gets an F from me

An email came out a few weeks ago saying they didn't want to delay the book longer by waiting for the CDs, so they're coming in another shipment.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe I have to check my internet connection, but that music video seemed to have a serious compression problem. Looked like it was animated in the style of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awnnn23M4FE

EDIT: I’m surprised they’re just giving a 10 track offering. Even the stupid overpriced multi disk version is just the 10 songs on 10 7” vinyl (with etchings on the back). There’s no deluxe or suitcase editions this album.

IUG fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 31, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess I should cancel my Amazon preorder and find some place to import. Preferably somewhere that also sells used CDs so the shipping is more cost effective. I’d much rather have a new song than the piano version of another song.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hughesta posted:

3 new songs were played at a listening event today in Mexico, apparently coming on a deluxe release soon?

Crocadillaz ft De La Soul & Dawn Penn
Controllah ft MC Bin Laden
Captain Chicken ft Del Tha Funky Homosapien

I’d be loving pissed if they do this, but Amazon hasn’t delivered the disk yet (I get it today). Now I think I’ll keep it unopened, and see if I have to return it. Sucks for everyone else who buys it on release day, and then they ask you to fork over more cash after. Really scummy if it turns out to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dan the Automator did some stuff in the 2010s like Deltron 2 (which was pretty bad)

Ah really? I’ve had that one in my queue for a bit. Deltron 3030 is a classic.