Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Real Name Grover posted:

One would think/hope so.

I'm excited, albeit a bit anxious. Damon Alburn has earned the benefit of the doubt, but if we're going to consider "Hallelujah Money" the first single, it's ... fine, but it doesn't hold a candle to even "Stylo," mmmmmmmuch less "Feel Good, Inc." or "Clint Eastwood," both of which I have no hesitation in deeming two of the best singles across any genre of the century thus far.

Clint Eastwood wasn't the first single off that album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea.. the song writing budget must be quite small as well.

No

The Vince staples and dram songs are loving goooooooooooooooood

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's up on Apple Music now

Holy poo poo i am so happy and hyped right now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Every song owns hard.

One time for my boy Popcaan

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My favorite thing right now is reading people in the YouTube comments completely sperg out about the gorillaz lore lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Thom and the Heads posted:

so far every song has been better than

SWEEEEEEEPSTAAAAAKES

you're a winna

please do not remind me

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Sweepstakes is just kinda whatever for half the song. When the brass band comes in it picks up a bunch. Superfast jellyfish is rad as hell.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the goat is back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx0aAY6zzfY

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its not that hard to see the appeal to the characters and the lore. Especially with nerds getting pandered to with all the recent revivals on tv and poo poo. Personally I think the band evolved to be bigger than the cartoon on Plastic Beach, but its still kinda cool that they kept going with it. Its corny and poo poo sure, but whatever like who the gently caress cares, let people enjoy it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bows1 posted:

Its leaked

is it the bad vinyl leak? If not PM me dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Someone ripped the audio from the app so its apparently a better leak than the vinyl one.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The album is good. There's no way it's on that level of poo poo like that Lou Reed + Metallica album.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Album is now out on streaming services

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Did any song from plastic beach chart at all?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Submission has to be my fav track on this album. Also Danny brown goes hard. Those lyrics man :smith:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Man I have been listening to deluxe edition on Spotify this whole time and thought The Apprentice was the last song of the album not the first bonus song. It seems crazy to me that it got left off.

The apprentice is so loving good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

They usually release a video for each of their album's singles over time, right?

Not necessarily. This was the case for the first 2 albums, but plastic beach hit a snag and I think they ran out of money or something. Empire Ants was supposed to be a music video but got canned and then they made a new single (Doncamatic) and gave that a video.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dram rules

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw them last night in Austin and they loving played re-hash. I’m dead

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
you people are out of your drat minds if you think Humanz is the best gorillaz album

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Two new songs apparently got leaked early by a media outlet, one called Humility and the other called Lake Zurich.

I didn't hear them, but Gorillaz reddit is discussing them. Humility is apprently reminiscent of Ghost Ship from the Magic Whip.

There's a Gorillaz fan discord easily findable on the Reddit page where the tracks are being shared if you're into that.

Its real. The songs were just uploaded to youtube and its been blocked by WMG.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

From the Gorillaz Mailing List

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AAB posted:

Best Gorillaz track is actually the Demon Days Live version of Hong Kong :colbert:

actually so true

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I need the Kelela duet version of busted and blue

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

I remember when the first album came out and the virtual studio flash website was fuckin sickkkkk

Yeah it was fire

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m excited for this gorillaz record!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. Plastic Beach
4. Humanz
5. The Now Now
6. The Fall

e: sometimes the self titled is number 1, depending on the day.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

browsers castle posted:

Since g-sides and non-album stuff came up this has been one of my favorites from the past decade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJQyTnD74gk

I loved this

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Its legendary for sure and honestly this + the music video was a perfect sendoff to Gorillaz and Humanz+the rest wasnt worth bringing it back for.

Disagree

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah, the apprentice is one of my favorite songs ever

hardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd agree

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Walrus posted:

just ordered the d sides vinyl. drat how have I never heard this jamie t kids with guns 'remix' before this poo poo rips. I have always wanted jamie t to do an actual verse on a gorillaz track, if this is the closest I get it's not bad I guess. kinda a crazy song but I am loving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0sHZfmuCr4

I bumped this album so much when it released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ue714d1V6I

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah and it's the worst

MODS

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I legit tear up every time i listen to the cloud of unknowing. yall are monsters fr

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

well, i dont really think very many of the songs on humanz are upbeat, but i see where youre coming from

momentz is pretty upbeat if you ignore the ending to it lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
ok peggy and chai did that. HARD

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Just wanted to say I can’t believe how good Robert smiths voice still sounds.

he has literally never missed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nanigans posted:

omgomgomg

The last stop is my town. I can finally cross this off my bucket list. I've wanted to see them for 20 loving years.

I'm shaking.

You gotta go!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

🤝

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gorillaz brought out Yasiin Bey again last night! Amazing to see him, looked great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Demon Days
Gorillaz
Plastic Beach
Song Machine
Humanz
The Now Now
The Fall

Boring list, but I love those first 3 albums so much. Sometimes self titled is over demon days though.