Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
5. Re-hash
4. Latin Simone
3. Demon days
2. November has come
1. Tomorrow comes today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

stev posted:

Submission would be a top five track if not for Danny Brown's verse. It just hits you like a truck and feels like it doesn't mesh with the rest of it.

1. Empire Ants
2. Melancholy Hill
3. Hong Kong
4. El Mañana
5. Sound Check (Gravity)

That verse brings me to tears. And not even kidding. HE REALLY SAYING SOME poo poo MAN

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Favorite from each album:

1. Tomorrow Comes today
Bonus single: rockit
2. November has come
3. Cloud of unknowing
Bonus single: doncamatic
4. The fall - n/a. I don’t listen to this at all
5. Submission
Bonus single: garage palace
6. Tranz
7. MLS

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Okua posted:

I've known vaguely about Gorillaz before, but only since the Cracker Island video came out have I gone back and listened to more than the popular singles. I don't really like the rap-focused tracks, but I really love the vibe of The Now Now. It's the first album in a long time that I've enjoyed listening to all the way through, several times over the last few days. Usually I rely on Spotify for my music and listen to a bunch of playlists and individual songs without focusing much on who the artists are. In general I don't know a lot about music genres and influences. I want to, though! What are some artists or albums that you would recommend me if I want find more music like this album?

I recommend listening to more rap

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

real gorillaz heads have been very consistently impressed since self-titled

Exactly

You ain’t a real head

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

I'm glad the true doom murdoc heads have enjoyed everything, but I know what I like and their poo poo fell off for me~

That’s ok, you’re always welcome back anytime friend

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gorillazhive rise up

Cracker Island tracklist
1. "Cracker Island" ft. Thundercat
2. "Oil" ft. Stevie Nicks
3. "The Tired Influencer"
4. "Tarantula"
5. "Silent Running" ft. Adeleye Omotayo
6. "New Gold" ft. Tame Impala & Bootie Brown
7. "Baby Queen"
8. "Tormenta" ft. Bad Bunny
9. "Skinny Ape"
10. "Possession Island" ft. Beck

Out February 24, 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJa-VFwPpYA

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah the worst era is possibly when they’re on tour for Plastic Beach, cuz the music videos stopped being funded and it almost seemed like that was gonna be it for the band. Jamie and Damon were also in disagreement about things and it general just seemed like the end. We got The Fall at the end of the tour, which was infamously dubbed as the “iPad album” and then nothing for years. Well we did get that converse track with Andre 3000 and James Murphy which was a small glimmer of hope. But yeah I would agree that was probably the worst era to be a fan. Just felt hopeless

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Was also at the Dallas show. I love that they played white light and new genius (brother)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hughesta posted:

glitter freeze and white flag both suck. cool ideas on both songs but man they did not come out good

I love both of these songs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This bad bunny song goes insane

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

rydiafan posted:

OK, where the gently caress can I actually buy the digital version? I've been trying for two hours now. Every site linked on the Gorillaz "get it" site only lets me stream (and I need a paid account if I don't want ads), Amazon only lets me buy the title track, and I'm getting really loving angry. I took the day off to listen to this album and I can't find a way to do it without watching the songs individually on Youtube and/or sitting through ads.

EDIT: The closest I can get is a link that says "download" instead of "listen" but that just leads to another streaming site. That site has a "also available for purchase" link that does literally nothing. I guess I have to make a two hour round trip to go buy a physical copy from the nearest Walmart or Best Buy. Joy of loving joys.

itunes?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And for that matter, has Damon ever done anything with/talked about Dan or Kid Koala since the original?
The relative silence feels like they had a falling out or something.

Dan the Automator did some stuff in the 2010s like Deltron 2 (which was pretty bad) but looks like he's pivoted to scoring films now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Back when I saw Deltron 3030 when they were touring for the second album their closer was Clint Eastwood so they evidently still look back on it fondly

Yeah I saw that tour as well and it was so loving sick when they did the Gorillaz tracks. So good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

I was once at a party and a stoned gentleman thought the voice at the start of that gorillaz song going "hello! Is anybody there? Hellooo!" was a small person in his cup. Anyway, does anybody know the Gorillaz song that best fits the description "1990s IDM"?

thats the beginning to M1A1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvPWQCWbsU

its not IDM though. I would say that's something more like Sound Check (Gravity) or something.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Damnnnn he got Bad Bunny and Yasiin Bey for weekend 2!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Great set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gorillaz loving owns