Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna go ahead and pre-order this thing.

It took a while for me to warm up to Plastic Beach, so I've no doubt this album will grow on me as well. I'm so glad I got to see them live when they last went through Dallas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The thing about Plastic Beach is that after enough listens through I didn't dislike a single track on the album. Hell, I like Sweepstakes now.

This album sounds a lot easier to enjoy on first approach though, so it'll be interesting to compare the two albums after a couple of months.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell, I liked superest jellyfish on first listen.

I've just got some kind of nature, I guess. :smug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jinh posted:

I like the lore but in a dumb comic book kinda way. I don't care about it even slightly and I barely remember it but I thought it was fun to read about on the wiki.

I approach each album of lore like a comic book series I haven't been reading for 4 years. I just kinda pick it up and run with it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Impressive to skip Texas entirely.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Picked up the CD from Best Buy. It's nice having the tunes in my car.

It's me. I'm the guy living in the stone age.:corsair:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Busted and Blue is a really chill track. I kinda love it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cloud of Unknowing was boss as hell. I love that track.

So far with Humanz I am really, really not enjoying Momentz. Maybe it just needs a few more listens before I have a sweeptstakes-esque eureka moment with it, but yeah I am not liking the song right now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I don't know why but I lost my poo poo at this, I was laughing so hard. What in the hell

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dangerous Person posted:

Fire Flies owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God drat I am really digging this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like the Gorillaz

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cloud of Unknowing might be one of my favorite tracks, honestly. I don't know why, but it never fails to click with me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really dig The Pink Phantom

As far as album enjoyment I'd say what I've come to understand is that I can like all of the albums but some albums take a little longer for me to come around on. I felt The Now Now was something closer to easy listening, with highs not quite as high as previous albums. Deluxe Humanz tracks 100% needed to be added to the main album, as that takes a good album to great. I got to see Plastic Beach live, so that's always going to rank high with me, with Demon Days holding court over "teenage nostalgia Shinjobi" pretty handily.

I remember being down on Humanz about a week after release, but I'll be damned if I'm not still listening to its tracks now without issue. Some albums just take some time with me.:shobon:

Edit: The Cloud of Unknowing still nearly brings me to tears.

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 1, 2020

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The more I watch the Pink Phantom video, the more I realize I dont mind 6LACK at all on the track, but he's not given much to visually do in the video and it's distracting as hell.

Still love listening to the song though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Video for Valley of the Pagans came out today.

It's uh.......mostly just GTA 5 footage. They did something different for this one and it....sucks. Lmao, song still rules though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4Lwt5-ZM0

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJVV8o6vgso

Hell yeah giant monsters

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

scary ghost dog posted:

real gorillaz heads have been very consistently impressed since self-titled

I'm pretty fickle--which is to say in the first few months after a new album comes out I'm pretty critical, but a little while later I come around and go "yeah this is good too actually."

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah the worst era is possibly when they’re on tour for Plastic Beach, cuz the music videos stopped being funded and it almost seemed like that was gonna be it for the band. Jamie and Damon were also in disagreement about things and it general just seemed like the end. We got The Fall at the end of the tour, which was infamously dubbed as the “iPad album” and then nothing for years. Well we did get that converse track with Andre 3000 and James Murphy which was a small glimmer of hope. But yeah I would agree that was probably the worst era to be a fan. Just felt hopeless

If Andre hadn't reminded me that he was the poo poo for 10 minutes I might have given up on this band.:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We Got the Power is bad because it's actually really drat good to the point that I want it to be a longer song but it's short so it gets me grumpy

embarrassment of riches