Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The youtube videos all get taken down really fast but Busted and Blue is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Andromeda and Busted and Blue are the only songs I've heard so far that grabbed me immediately, but these songs have all grown on me quite a bit. It's not as good as Demon Days (so far) but that's kind of an unfair bar to hold up.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Apparently Gorlliaz will do a Demon DayZ festival in Chicago this summer but that's all the details provided by Damon. If I'm in town I'll sell a kidney to go.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Hedrigall posted:

*Dont get me wrong, Gorillaz is in my top 5, maybe even top 3 bands. But to me it's a Damon Albarn side project with some fun animated videos. I don't care whether Noodle is a cyborg or what happened in the "story" between the albums

From what I've read of the story it seems like the creators don't really care either since there's a whole lot of holes and "nobody's sure what happened." It's a bad story anyhow.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'm guessing the whole Chicago festival thing fell through and this is just a normal concert. Either way I'm there.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

cheese eats mouse posted:

The Chicago date being a Saturday! :dance:

Hell yeah. And my July is filling up but that was a day that was open for me somehow :hellyeah:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I don't give a flying gently caress about the dumb characters other than the music videos are fun to watch.

What I do give a flying gently caress about is I just scored tickets to see them in Chicago :hellyeah:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

hughesta posted:

the interview was funny y'all have no hearts

also got GA PIT tickets for Chicago gently caress yeah

Same here. I actually got a pair in 201 but kept refreshing hoping to move over to 204 and got the pit instead by happy chance.

Between this and Riot Fest this week has put a hurting on my wallet.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 20, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

If he really wanted us to care that much there wouldn't be giant plot holes in the "lore." It's a fun aesthetic but come on it's pretty bad. Case in point from the Gorillaz wiki:

quote:

During the filming of the video, Noodle parachuted off the floating island from the "Feel Good Inc." video after it was gunned down by two armoured helicopters. When filming was complete, Noodle had disappeared; causing panic across the set and everyone on it, except for Murdoc. Her used parachute was found amongst the wreckage of the crash site. This caused many to believe for a while that Noodle had been killed off. These rumors of Noodle's supposed death were finally laid to rest, as Murdoc assured everyone that she survived, and they had staged the crash to get rid of Jimmy Manson, who had hid away in the windmill, thinking he was part of a plot to get rid of Noodle and take her place with the parachute. Murdoc claimed, in the Gorillaz book Rise of the Ogre, that Noodle was "off in the Maldives, just chilling out". However, in the epilogue of the book, a transcript of a radio broadcast from Noodle is printed out.

Another similar radio broadcast could be heard in the basement of Kong Studios on the official Gorillaz website.

Murdoc later "confessed" that Noodle was stuck in hell, but he had allegedly saved her. He was drunk at the time, so it is unknown if what he said was true or not.

I haven't/won't bother track down all the little bits of lore but I'm pretty sure there's literally nothing that actually clarifies any of that between then and the start of the On Melancholy Hill video. That's a bad story yo, it's like the short stories of a 12 year old.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Crain posted:

Well I got lawn seats for the merriweather show.

Not gonna be great but this is probably my only chance to see them live period.

I doubt this is the last tour, but Damon might be 60 next time.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Agreed, I still think I'll go back to the original version of Andromeda but this is a good remix.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Hedrigall posted:

I'm looking forward to hearing this one. People are saying it's the El Maņana/Empire Ants of the album :swoon:

It's really chill, but it's way more minimalist than either of those for the record. It's not far from being an a cappella song.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I hope the CDs from Ticketmaster don't take too long to show up :ohdear:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Hedrigall posted:

loving hell the album is great. Strobelite is so catchy!!!

Also I can see Momentz being the next single and goddamn huge. Like the next Feel Good Inc for the band.

Sorry but I can't even fathom how anyone can possibly think that. I can understand liking the song but it's nowhere near as catchy or accessible as Feel Good Inc. I'd call the first five way more likely (but still unlikely).

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 29, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

After listening all the way through I still don't see anything redeeming about Hallelujah Money except that it makes We Got The Power sound even better because of how bad it is.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

hughesta posted:

it is Danny.

Where did you get this? I can't find anything anywhere.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Why in the world is the version of We Got the Power so loving short on the album? Like it even is labeled the "Version 2:18" on the album suggesting it's not the intended version. Why?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I think I've settled on The Apprentice as solidly being in my top five. It's really weird that it's a bonus track, especially because it just might be the most radio-friendly song here.

I actually heard it in a bar last Friday.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I hope this album is good. Humanz wasn't. The best song was a bonus track (Apprentice)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

A lot of the bonus tracks are among the best songs. I'm guessing it wasn't an artist decision to cut them off of the regular release, probably the studio.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

IUG posted:

Is there any legit way to get those bonus tracks without having to buy a $300 vinyl set or whatever?

Which bonus tracks are you talking about - the 6 "regular" bonus tracks or the other 14?

God drat it sucks when there are so many versions.

edit: like, the super deluxe vinyl includes an extra 14 songs but then doesn't have stuff like the Apprentice or Ticker Tape which are on the deluxe digital version :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I really don't understand how some people like Humanz so much but I guess it's all subjective.

Demon Days, Gorillaz, Plastic Beach, The Now Now, Humanz and The Fall for me.