Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Four singles today, and they're all leaked if you know where to look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just listened to them all and I think theryre all bad.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

there will never be another Demon Days :negative:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My god.. somebody stop these lunatics

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yea.. the song writing budget must be quite small as well.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope they make it even shorter.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Damon blew it again.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I guarantee none of these songs will chart.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I heard On Melancholy Hill at a Starbucks in 2010.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If it didn’t even make th cut for Plastic Beach I guarantee you’re not missing anything.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Demon Days

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

DoYaThing is the actual best thing they've ever done and it's a sin against God it's not available on any streaming services and the video isn't even up anymore.

Yup

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God Tier:
Demon Days, Do Ya Thing [extended vers]

Good Tier: All other pre 2010 Gorillaz media

Hmm Tier: Plastic Beach

You’ll Never Be a Teenager Again Tier: The Fall, Humanz, The Now Now, all the other bad songs they’ve done in the last couple of years that weren’t on either album

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just remembered Doncamatic. God

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

JPEGMAFIA feature...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I’m actually really hype for this... I’ve kind of mostly hated this band ever since the Fall though. Lol. Really love the title track.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I try to re-listen to Humanz every time you say it’s 10/10 and I hate it so much. I don’t hear what you hear... for me it’s She’s my Collar and that’s it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

God Tier:
Demon Days, Do Ya Thing [extended vers]

Good Tier: All other pre 2010 Gorillaz media

Hmm Tier: Plastic Beach

You’ll Never Be a Teenager Again Tier: The Fall, Humanz, The Now Now, all the other bad songs they’ve done in the last couple of years that weren’t on either album

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:devil:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

why don't yall like the fall?

I hate it because it sucks a lot

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

hughesta posted:

I think this nonalbum track is just about inarguably the best Gorillaz song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36DCuT1KxM4

Its legendary for sure and honestly this + the music video was a perfect sendoff to Gorillaz and Humanz+the rest wasnt worth bringing it back for.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Walrus posted:

just ordered the d sides vinyl. drat how have I never heard this jamie t kids with guns 'remix' before this poo poo rips. I have always wanted jamie t to do an actual verse on a gorillaz track, if this is the closest I get it's not bad I guess. kinda a crazy song but I am loving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0sHZfmuCr4

Ahhh... c'est the good poo poo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just listened to Plastic Beach again and it’s pretty cool lol. At the very least it has big dick energy. Sweepstakes is top 5 gorillaz for me possibly.. So insanely good. But the album is more cohesive than I remember it being, and the back third is actually beautiful

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i never understood the disproportionate praise for on melancholy hill, its such a boring track compared to the rest of the album (except glitter freeze which i hate)

Yea it’s weird how that was the track that charted too. But Glitter Freeze is the only thing that truly sucks on that album besides the opening 10 or so seconds of Rhinestone Eyes which I almost can’t even listen to lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It sucks major rear end for sure.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Best off-album track besides DoYaThing 13 Minute Version. Any true Gorillaz oldheads remember how hype this was? From when Plastic Beach was called Carousel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfF-BXI9a0

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Havent processed the new song enough but

1. Aries
2. Desole
3. Friday 13th
4. Strange Timez

I dont really like any of the others. Also none of it is really Demon Days tier sadly. But im still hype.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

..................................It seems good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

First impressions of this new album which has onje of the worst titles Ive ever heard: Seems pretty messy but this is the best collection of Gorillaz songs since Demon Days.. MLS is my favorite of the new stuff. How Far? is not a good closer. Im gonna listen to it a few more times to see if it starts making sense as an album but folks the songs are good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I really wish the name and cover art on this ish were better lol. But Overall I have to hand it to 2D, Murdoc, Russell and Noodle for putting in some of their best work since the good old days.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is actually inside the almanac. Is it like a bigger Rise of the Ogre.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sliami posted:

it's here and it's all i dreamed for and more...

i could like scan these, transfer them to printer paper, and then do them on that. Sick

I say scan them, and I mean every single page, collate them sequentially and zip them in a .7z file, and then send it to me personally at my email address, which I will share with you when appropriate.