Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Well, this pushed me over the edge to buy G-Sides and D-Sides, and I haven't been regretting it at all; might even look into getting the rest of the Plastic Beach singles now, too (already have Doncamatic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I finally went and bought it yesterday, and I've been jamming along to it ever since. Granted, maybe it's just because so much of it is just flatout new material for me.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, The Fall is honestly one of my least favorite works by Damon overall, and even then it still has a couple of solid hits.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I'd say that a lot of the "standard"-sounding songs from The Fall are pretty good. It was when it started getting really experimental after the first few songs that I kind of soured on it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Plus it's usually been 5 or so years between album releases for the band anyways.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be fair, you can completely ignore it and be no worse off for appreciating their music and videos.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, just managed to buy a seat that looks like it'll be kind of decent for actually seeing the show.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I bought tickets for similar reasons: for all I know, this may be the only time in my life I'll ever get to see him live and in-person.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, I get the intent is probably to remind people that this isn't the end of the world after much of the rest of the album's gloomy tracks, but I'll agree that it feels more like a midway track than a closer.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Now that we have it in the context of the rest of the album, I'm willing to say that I enjoy Hallelujah Money now.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, one of the central premises of the album is supposedly about how people react to some massive event that turns the world upside down, so it makes sense that it's going to have some massive tonal shifts.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, iTunes still has a lot of their old material on sale, and it's definitely worth getting if you want to break into them. I'd also strongly recommend G-Sides and D-Sides, which are compilations of remixes and b-side tracks from their first two albums.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Just think: there's already a generation growing up that won't immediately get the reference of "'The war is over'/So said the speaker with the flight suit on".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

They usually release a video for each of their album's singles over time, right?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

...So apparently the band used Pewdiepie to promote the album?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Well, I'm in the Boston venue right now.

It's like the second Great Flood out here, so glad they have the tent up.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

So apparently that was the first time they played Revolving Doors live, EVER.

And holy gently caress that opening with M1A1 was great.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also Damon was the biggest loving troll in between song sets, I.E. alluding to performing Song 2 (including someone in the band even playing the first few notes of it) before going for another song entirely.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I’m waiting/hoping for an H-Sides album to be announced, because as much as I love Damon... I am not spending three times what I paid for a concert ticket to see them.

As for the new track, I found it pretty enjoyable, especially the second half.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The only two tracks I’m really critical of are Carnival and Sex Murder Party... and I remember the latter still turning out pretty decently when I saw them live last year.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

M1A1 and Ghost Train is secretly my all time favorite Gorillaz songs.

Seriously, starting to open seemingly every concert with M1A1 was probably one of the greatest decisions they’ve made.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Two new remixes just got posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfT2-Zna7F0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_5wORd9MFA

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the version of Every Planet they played last night almost sounded like it came straight out of a Led Zeppelin performance.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, but they did do To Binge.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just think that the first few tracks were great, but then the rest of the album just got too experimental for my tastes

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Opium’s definitely becoming my favorite track from this. There’s just something about how well the chorus rolls that clicks for me.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The only thing that irritates me about Opium is that there isn’t one more chorus for it to fade out on

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://www.musicweek.com/talent/read/gorillaz-mark-20th-anniversary-with-clothing-line-toys-nfts-and-album-reissues/082923

quote:

The band will also be partnering with leading transmedia art and luxury collectables brand Superplastic, for the release of limited-edition vinyl toys and NFT digital art collectibles featuring 2D, Murdoc, Noodle and Russel throughout 2021.

What the gently caress? I’m legitimately disappointed in them

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, Demon Days is 16 years old now, apparently.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/hiphopgoldenage/status/1624891461647974406?s=46&t=v1GqziCh_QDV0DjMdzgW0A

gently caress :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/damonalbarn/status/1659229039771410434?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg