Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Lord i am so excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Hallelujah Money is dope and also not a single.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

We Got The Power is okay and Andromeda is good

the other two are loving outstanding, Ascension in particular might be one of their best songs ever.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

WGTP live was extended to around 5 minutes.

It will still be two minutes on the album .

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

same thing happened with the deluxe CD I ordered from them. Cancelled and went with the Gorillaz store instead.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

new song is really good.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Aspen Forest, Shytown, Detroit, and Hillbilly Man are also fantastic.

So is Sweepstakes what the gently caress is wrong with yall

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

looks like the opener this time around might be Danny Brown which is loving dope

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

the interview was funny y'all have no hearts

also got GA PIT tickets for Chicago gently caress yeah

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

actually this album is great

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Album is very good and Hallelujah Money is beautiful

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

this feels like a natural evolution of PB, which felt like a natural evolution of DD.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

WGTP is a perfect closer and works really well. My only issue with it isn't with the song itself, but that it feels too abrupt coming after Hallelujah Money and could've used some sort of intro or inbetween track to make the tone shift less jarring.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

yeah the deluxe tracks are some of the best on the album. Hope you dig it man!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Plastic Beach is my least favorite album of theirs, and I still like it a whole lot. I think the problems some people take with it (myself included) is its sequencing. Glitter Freeze is probably the worst song to ever be put on a mainline Gorillaz album, and why it wasn't replaced with one if its many alternate versions just boggles my mind any time I hear it. Sweepstakes is a great song but placing it after Broken kind of ruins the flow of the second half of the album for me, and there are so many amazing songs recorded for PB that we never got (like Leviathan) that it kind of makes the record we got feel sort of flaccid. It's a really great album but compared to the rest it just feels a little undercooked.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

it is Danny.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

This is not a super deluxe song. This song was made on Monday.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Dugong posted:

Wait.. what? The Horrors are so good. Their new album is brilliant. How did I miss this?
There were 70 songs that were recorded but never released for Plastic Beach. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnn5fwZ4Qo]this is the track with The Horrors (it also featured Gruff Rhys)[/ur]

I was fortunate enough to get to see them a second time this tour in LA the other day. Best concert I've ever been to.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

the new songs are out, you can find them online if you try pretty easily. Really fun collection of loose demos and bsides, some real gems on it. Particularly Five Whales In A Dream, which sounds like a circa 2004 Gorillaz demo, and Midnite Float which is pretty much the Humanz' Sgt Pepper

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

new album has production work from Flume and Mike WIll Made It, as well as features from Snoop Dogg and Jamie Principle. Damon wanted an Usher feature too but who knows if he got it

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

album's been done since march 2nd, idk if there's a single coming friday though

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

the super deluxe tracks have some pretty good gems on their. lots of unfinished little demos and then a couple great tracks, so it's worth listening to I'd say

also Humanz is the best Gorillaz album and Plastic Beach is the worst.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Humanz is probably the best album Damon's ever put together as an artist, even if it might not be song-for-song his best work

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Think Tank, 13, Demon Days, and The Good The Bad The Queen probably round out the top five

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

I think Humanz is an incredibly tight and concise album but if you want something very different from it, that's what this album will give you.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

that Lake Zurich song is loving awesome

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Demon Days has tons of features on it lol

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Yurp. Now lets leave the rest of the album as a surprise, Damon.
Hollywood next week

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

album leaked like three days ago btw yall

it's very very good

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I'm still trying to keep my ears as virginal as possible before the album comes out on Friday. It's gonna be a treat to wake up early Friday morning and do the first listen on some streaming app or another, then grab the cd that afternoon.

To date I've only heard the studio versions of Humility, Hollywood and Lake Zurich, and a very early live version of Idaho and a snippet of Tranz live.

Reddit is hyping up Souk Eye as one of the best Gorillaz songs ever so I'm looking forward to that.

Can anyone confirm if there's a new song as good as my personal top 5: El Mañana, Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, Empire Ants, Andromeda and Hong Kong?
my top 5 is DoYaThing, Halfway To The Halfway House, Faust, Submission, and Man Research.

I absolutely think Souk Eye can take that #1 spot. It's that good. Idaho is no slouch either, a massive improvement on the live version they played during the Humanz tour. I think those two (and possibly Fire Flies and One Percent) could enter that list for you.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

On reflection, if you told me this was a follow up to Everyday Robots I'd 100% believe you.
I don't agree with this for most of the album but One Percent absolutely sounds like a better produced version of something that could have been on ER.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Ambulance is the best Gorillaz song by Blur
was literally written as a Gorillaz song iirc

Humanz, Gorillaz, Demon Days, The Now Now, The Fall, Plastic Beach

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Nanigans posted:

I dunno how an album with Rhinestone Eyes, Stylo, Superfast Jellyfish, Empire Ants, White Flag, Welcome..., and Sweepstakes can be just “hmm.”

Not calling anyone out in particular, more wondering why PB doesn’t get more love.

because aside from those standouts the album is filled with mediocre tracks. White Flag and Glitter Freeze are the worst songs on any Gorillaz album

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

the problem with glitter freeze is that they made an infinitely better version if it and then just decided to cut the best stuff on the song out and leave the barest of bones

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

cloud of unknowing is incredible

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Monkey is awesome. Wish I could have seen it.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

wow that video sucks

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

yeah this TGTBTQ album is immaculate, far better than TNN.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

thanks for sharing! like most Gorillaz remixes though it isn't noteworthy at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

dram remix is not a remix it's an alternate version of the song they made for humanz

also the best gorillaz remix is the DARE DFA remix although the Metronomy one is up there good work