Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The two that just played on the radio are pretty terrible. Bring back live drums please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Signed up for this Songkick thing that I was under the impression would notify me when tickets go on sale. It did not and now they're pretty much sold out. Thanks songkick! It's probably just as well, I imagine the tour will be heavy on the new music which has all been pretty bad, in my opinion. Still seems like it would have been a cool show though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Cloud of unknowing is good. Stylo is bad.

I checked out the new song machine songs and the only good one is the new one with robert. I wish damon albarn still had an actual drum kit available to use on his music

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Well that goes to show how good of attention I was paying! In an effort to be less negative I’ll say that while I def agree with net cafe scandal that humanz was unlistenable I want to say that humility was a nice song and probably Damon’s best bit of singing since demon days

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Next video will be set in Minecraft with st Vincent. Lmao

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Just wanted to say I can’t believe how good Robert smiths voice still sounds.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
No respect for Slow Country in this thread. Shameful

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Cracker island (the song) is cool but I just can’t help feeling like a lot of the songs to come from the second round of albums this band has made are undercooked. Hard to put your finger on what the exact issue is. Repetitive lyrics and kind of…lack of progression in a lot of the songs. I don’t know.

Also for a band that previously had such a focus on the art it’s insane to me that they signed off on the album cover that they did

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
People don’t like white flag? Wtf

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Because they still buy CDs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Dunno about the recent albums but basically the entire first album outside of Rock The House, Clint Eastwood, and Latin Simone?

Last Living Souls, Kids With Guns, O Green World, White Light, Don’t Get Lost In Heaven, Rhinestone eyes, (if you don’t include the sample on the chorus) Melancholy Hill, Broken, and Pirate Jet I think

Pretty sure The Fall only has one song with non Damon vocals as well

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Dang I can’t believe I forgot el manana. gently caress me

I don’t count it if it’s just a background vocal but that’s just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Never been super into Blur but I love that new song. Better than anything from gorillaz in a while IMO