Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I have tickets for Demon Dayz and I resisted listening to the leaks. So excited for this, especially after the Plastic Beach gig I was supposed to go to was cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Goons should I preorder for that sweet sweet secret gig raffle? I'd also have to get down to London.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Anyone else having their orders failing to process? I'm getting a wrong parameters message.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Steve2911 posted:

So did anyone win tickets to tonight's secret gig?

I talked myself out of pre-ordering on their website at the last second. So many regrets.

Ticket announcement is at 12pm today. There was a form hidden at the bottom of the page to sign up for the ballot even if you didn't buy the record.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Steve2911 posted:

Well gently caress my life.

Yeah I finally got the payment system to work and fell asleep. Woke up at 6am to a text from a friend saying she found the form. Sorry :(

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I got a ticket :kingsley::kingsley:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

loving hell that was good. Damon was going crazy, the crowd was loving every song. One song was played twice back to back because he crowd was screaming rewind so loudly. Noel Gallagher turned up.

Set list (I think) was entirety of Humanz, encore, Kid With Guns, Feel Good, Clint, encore, last 3 songs of Demon Days.

Cardboard VR things and commemorative tickets were given out.

So pumped for the album release.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Forgot to say last night, not all the collaborators made it to the gig. Damon said they should all make it to Demon Dayz though.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Anyone going to Demon Dayz, the coach tickets and redemption codes have just been released.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I didn't even know Sweepstakes was disliked?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Telekom have released a proper recording of Ascension at Printworks, with strong hints that other songs will follow. Bit of a weird first choice since Vince Staples couldn't make the gig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mdgz8rkxY

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Wasn't the original intention of the cartoons to mask who was acting involved in each song and to mock pop culture idolisation?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Why isn't this on the main album.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Steve2911 posted:

Why was this not the album version.

It makes even less sense when you remember it's the closer for the main album :shrug:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I really love this album. Submission into Charger is the highlight for me.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

If we are excluding the already released songs, I think Submission will be the next single.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

https://live.gorillaz.com/?eml=2017May2/3967995/6223355&etsubid=126880552

European Winter tour just announced. Presale is tomorrow. I don't know if I should get tickets. 3 times in a year is a lot but then it may be 7 years until the next tour so..

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

If anyone needs a one, I have a spare pre-sale code.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I like that song! Hope everyone else going to Demon Dayz has a great time today!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Set was great. Little Sims was insane. I was not expecting Ryder to be back ever again so that was a surprise.

Shoutout to the two women pretending they'd lost their son to push into the crowd, then punch a guy when he overheard them laughing about the lie :barf:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Junior Jr. posted:

HOLY gently caress THAT WAS AMAZING! I was just about 3 rows back from the centre front row and everyone went loving MENTAL when Damon and the band kicked off! He even went right up to the crowd twice and then Jenny crowd-surfed a bit (even though I don't think that's allowed anymore).

It was great to hear Tomorrow Comes Today live again, though I wish they'd play M1A1 too. I was VERY surprised they played Out of Body live, that's one of my fav songs on the album and it was funky and all. When they went and played Dare and Momentz, the whole crowd was jumping like crazy, especially when Bootie Brown showed up out of nowhere for Dirty Harry!

I'm a little bit annoyed they played Sex Murder Party although I guess they made it slightly better live, still doesn't save it from being their worst song, also I bet they'd play Hallelujah Money but surprisingly they didn't.

Bit disappointed they didn't bring back Del for Clint Eastwood again, but they made up for it with most of the setlist.
-
As for the other acts, I was a bit late to see De La Soul's act but they knew how to work the crowd and played some good tracks, loved them for it.

Kilo Kish was the first act I saw that day and umm...well I guess Damon's daughter probably liked it, I guess it's hard to explain her 'act' because it was half singing and half performance art, and if that IS her gimmick then okay but still...eh.

I will not understand why Kano for some reason gets a headline act, this does not make sense to me. The other headliners obviously did more collabs with Gorillaz but Kano did [b]ONE SONG[/b[, White Flag (with Bashy), and that's it...and he didn't even play that again live. How he's still touring with Damon and the crew is just baffling.

Oh and The Shapeshifters were jamming in the roller disco, didn't expect that but drat it was cool.
-
I don't think Damon and Jamie will ever do another festival like this again, I loved it and I'm missing it already...I might go back to Dreamland for the arcade though.

Wait really? Were they trying to get into the front row?

My group was in the very middle roughly equal distance between the stage and the mixdesk. I had done near front at Printworks and my friends were suffering from sunburn so we didn't get to the main stage until midway through Kano and didn't want to push forwards. The women stopped moving forwards just after us. Very weird.

If I had drank more I could have happily spent most the day in the roller disco. That was very cool. The setup in the Sea stage seemed sadly a big poo poo though.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Yvonmukluk posted:

I was probably near the very back (we never got further forward than the merch tent/mixdesk), and it was still an utterly amazing show. So glad I went, and glad that was my first live performance.

Yeah they put on a hell of a show and all the guests were putting their hearts into each song.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Lil Simz song is Garage Palace I think and I hope it releases soon because it's great.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

DLC Inc posted:

I'd really like a bsides album, particularly so we get cut stuff like the "Leviathan" song they did with The Horrors for Plastic Beach

Wait.. what? The Horrors are so good. Their new album is brilliant. How did I miss this?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I think Humanz is more consistent than Demon Days :shrug: I am definitely biased though after seeing the album at Printworks.

Great show in Manchester. Wish my friends had come down for the London show rather than vice versa but I’m just happy I’ve actually seen the band a few times now. Kids with Guns is so good live.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Momentz, Submission, Charger is one of my favourite runs of songs on a Gorillaz release

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Kids with guns is incredible live.

I’m frankly insulted there’s no Printworks secret gig.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

That’s a weird way to say Kids With Guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Having listened to the new album quite a bit, this is my current ranking:

Demon Days
Humanz
Plastic Beach
ST
Now Now
The Fall

I really like all the albums (except the fall obviously)