Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I feel like all these songs are right on the cusp of being some of the best work Gorillaz have done but there's just one odd thing about each of them. We Got the Power could be twice as long and would have really benefited from more crisp drums. Saturnz Barz has a cool beat and I love Damon's vocals but super not into the guest appearance by Jamaican Future. Ascension has some hard as gently caress lyrics and a good beat, but the hook is super weak with the flat snare, and deciding to put your weakest lyric in the entire song as your hook is unfortunate. Andromeda has a great vocal performance from everyone involved and all the instrumentals sound really good, but god drat do I want the song to be just SLIGHTLY slowed down. A really interesting collection of tracks overall though, they also make me really excited to hear the alternative versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Emotionally prepping myself for this album by going out and picking up the Plastic Beach vinyl I knew a local place had. I think Beach was the first album where I really hated it on first listen but every year it's gotten better and better.

What's the general opinion on D-Sides, I know critics basically wrote it off but I really liked it? The strongest tracks on the album like Happy Landfill and Hongkongaton are right up there in the top echelon of tracks, and even songs that seem to be alternate versions of other tracks (People, Spitting out the Demons) could have easily made it onto Demon Days. I like it even more than their self-titled, am I crazy?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheese eats mouse posted:

There's like less than 30 vinyl record pressing factories left in the states.

Yes but at the same time if no-name bands are able to get their vinyls into stores the same day the album comes out, there's no reason one of the biggest bands in the world can't get their vinyl out in the same year as their album's release