Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I love these songs/ that video. It's like this is the second album and it's just coming out now. It's so much like the original Gorilaz ~aesthetic~ but modern. I love me some Demon Days and Plastic Beach but this is super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

So apparently you can stream the album RIGHT NOW! In the app but when you open it it brings up a divining rod and points you to the nearest "spirit house" in a real life location by you. Mine is in a park downtown, maybe I'll go before work...

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Busted and Blue is so good

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

I'm looking forward to hearing this one. People are saying it's the El Maņana/Empire Ants of the album :swoon:

For me that's Hallelujah Money. They posted that video of it on Trump's inauguration night and it really stuck with me since then. It's probably my favorite on the album which is weird because I didn't think much of it on first listen.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Junior Jr. posted:

I'm still not feeling it with Hallelujah Money, it doesn't help that the guest looks and sounds like a weird George Takei impersonator. Should've just got the real George Takei to do the poetry bits.

What? Are we listening to the same song here?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I wasn't sold on the album at first but it is really growing on me. I love Momentz and Submission. I think the whole thing is pretty solid aside from Sex Murder Party and She's My Collar. I don't really love any of the bonus tracks outside of Out of Body and I agree with people saying there are way less Damon vocals than ever but it's kind of going for a specific theme and idea kind of like Plastic Beach and I think it pulls it off. I'm very excited to see them live in Chicago.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Deltron 3030 posted:

Oh man, anybody else catch the Chicago show last night?

First time seeing them live despite being a fan for 12 years... Worth the wait, hot drat! Tons of featured guests including Del (!) for Clint Eastwood.

Strobelite was a surprising high point because Pevin Everett was loving killing it on vocals and the crowd was eating it up (he also crushed it coming back for Stylo). Sex Murder Party was also great live, but I don't hate the album cut as some seem to so I guess that helps.

Strobelight was fuckin LIT. Out of Body was also pretty intense and I marked out completely for Del.

It was the first show of the tour so there were some technical glitches and I couldn't tell if Damon was drunk or just really pumped but his enthusiasm was pretty fun. I liked that new song the opening act was on, what was her name? Lil Simz? Her version of We Got the Power was way better than the album cut even though they were having guitar trouble. Anyways, great show and also gently caress getting into and out of Chicago!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

I don't know why but this is hilarious to me

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

These 2 songs have been really good and the next one looks cool too. If this is Gorillaz going forward I'm all for it

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Peter Hook baby, almost sounds like a proper New Order song. All 3 of these have been great!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, this song was great.

I think they might actually be circling back round to some lore again, too (I wonder if it's gonna turn out that's not Murdoc on the back of that bike - just for a change). It's me, the guy who cares about Gorillaz lore.

Does Gorillaz have actual lore outside of the little ARG things they do? What are the implications of Murdoc holding that syringe at the end? I assume it's related to Noodle being worried about 2D, like Murdoc is drugging him or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

also I guess I have to ask what sort of ARG things are you talking about. they used to have some really fun websites back in the day full of flash stuff and easter eggs

Yeah, that's what I meant, all the websites and social media posts and stuff.