Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

As a dyslexic I soppurt Ed Malls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

where is paul blart gonna work? :(

I was gonna say the white house but I mistook him for the fat guy from the other mall cop movie observe and report who kept calling Aziz Ansari Saddam Hussein

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I used to live one county over from Nowata, Oklahoma, which became infamous for being one of the first towns that was destroyed by Wal-Mart. They moved a shopping center into the area, which wiped out all of the mainstreet businesses - but after a decade they decided that there wasn't enough of a consumer market to support the store - so they closed up and left the economy in complete ruins. It took another decade before businesses came back to mainstreet, but by then the town was already half depopulated.

When the malls start shutting down the same thing is going to happen to rural towns all across the country.

So everyone is gonna live in a big city? Good.
:demsay:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

etalian posted:

Lolling how the mall was invented by a austrian jew who wanted to capture the organic feel of old european cities but ended being turned into a grotesque american concept.

guess what else was invented by an austrian jew and turned into a grotesque american concept

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

rudatron posted:

If retail goes down then the US is in deep poo poo employment wise, don't celebrate the death of malls.

Chain stores are going to have to buy into the Amazon Go system just to stay afloat, because that then means they can start laying people off.

counterpoint: good.

• Locked thread