Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Does it count for stats such as "pitches per inning" for a pitcher or "pitches per plate appearance"? Obviously the pitches happen in terms of a pitch count a starter may be on, but are they recorded at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I mean, its still Kershaw. As far as Cy Young voting this year, I think it'll be Scherzer in the NL and either Kluber or Sale in the AL. Klubers got the better ERA but Sale could end up with a 300 K year.

I didn't realize how little time Kershaw missed, I thought he'd be more than just 20 innings behind Scherzer. The voting will probably be close there too, especially since the Dodgers will likely win 100 games.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I feel like players and fans would be much much prefer seeing a system in place that removes umpires that are consistently bad at their jobs. I don't mean missing a ball/strike call or safe/out call X number of times necessarily but just the unanimously hated umpires. Even if it wouldn't change all that much I think fans would have a lot less to gripe about.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
84 over the whole season but Rick and Tony only play every 5 games so its more like 17. Rick gets 35 guaranteed extra outs he wouldn't otherwise get. League average pickoffs were 9 a year, so an average starter might get 2.

I'd say that Rick is more valuable. 1 pickoff per start is alot of extra outs. Having a baserunner never attempt to ever ever run on Tony would be 17 less times when a baserunner did not go from 1st base to 2nd base but depending on the base-outs matrix that might not matter. Also caught stealing average is 31 per team so Tony would be losing out on outs that he would have gotten had a baserunner attempted to steal but got caught.

All of this is also assuming that these starters are pitching complete games. Baserunners tend to go wild late in games with relief pitchers, 7th 8th and 9th innings have much larger SB% so those numbers we talk about (84SB, 31CS per team last season) had a larger amount in late game when Rick and Tony would be out of the game. Rick gets his 1 out per start no matter what, but Tony might just have baserunners wait until he is out of the game before attempting to steal.

• Locked thread