Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

A Real Horse posted:

Also Safeco is awesome, but expensive.

Safeco is supposed to be one of the most expensive, behind the Yankees, Cubs and Red Sox. Which certainly isn't due to the history of the stadium or the quality of play over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
How many truly great DHs have there been? Offhand I can think of Frank Thomas, Ortiz and Edgar. In a hypothetical where your pitchers could give league average hitting, would you still want a DH?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I keep forgetting that Nelson Cruz is great on the Mariners as the DH, in spite of him being my favorite guy on the team. He's only been a full time DH for a couple seasons though so I don't know if he quite counts in the same way as being a Great DH as Edgar or Ortiz. Maybe if he keeps it going for a bunch more years.

• Locked thread