Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A few questions:
1: When do the endgame crises start?
2: I've heard tell of named/artifact weapons- where can those be found?
3: Will dudes in the reserves trigger/take part in events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GloomMouse posted:

Are there actually different damage types (blunt, pierce, slash), or is it just flavor text?

Kiiind of? Blunt weapons like maces and hammers do well against armoured troops and the undead, swords chop through unarmoured or lightly-armoured flesh like butter, axes are kind of a balance between the two and spears are generally more accurate. Each weapon type (and sometimes, even weapons within said type) have their own attacks as well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GloomMouse posted:

Another question: Does the world difficulty advance based on time, or renown, or both? If renown: Can getting your rear end handed to you and running the gently caress away reverse it?

I think one of the devs said recently it's just time-based. Speaking of which:

Nordick posted:

1) I dunno if it's strictly time based, but mine have kicked off at around day 80-ish

Thanks, Nordick! I'm at day 47 right now, and half of me was going 'huh, endgame events seem to take a while, don't they?' while the other half was going 'OH GOD DON'T LET THE ENDGAME BEGIN I'VE ONLY JUST GOT CHAINMAIL FOR EVERYONE'.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a console command that reveals the whole map? Muggins here was a moron who picked the 'see every town' Ambition :saddowns:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I wish there was a way to rename your merc band- after getting that armor, I'd want to rename my group 'The Sons of Davkul' or something like that, and roam the land slaying my foes in the name of the Blood God Davkul :black101:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any good seeds for excellent starting bros? Don't really care/mind about trade routes and the like, I just want to start with superbros.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
We need a crisis when all the other crises have ended, where it's Davkul entering the world, and you can choose to side with him. Your cultists all automatically join, of course.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've just recruited a guy who was caught loving a dead horse :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've never used throwing weapons before, but I've managed to snag some unique throwing axes from a ruin. If I use them, how do I 'refill' my stock? What if I run out mid- battle? There are only four of them after all.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

vyelkin posted:

Round three: wait, aren't orcs and goblins basic starter enemies?

I fully admit, I was this guy :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wizard Styles posted:

Haha, of course that would be the positive outcome for that event.

Oh, Battle Brothers. :allears:

I've honestly never had the bad outcome to that event- it's why I always hire historians even if they're poo poo :smug:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Clark Nova posted:

Gustav can date whoever he wants, tyvm :colbert:

That would make him the opposite of nervous, though.

Man, now I want some kind of relationship system so I can build a bunch of bros who are actually the Sacred Band of Thebes. :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Serious questions: What are their future plans? If they are making more games in the future, will they be moddable?

Also:

vyelkin posted:

Make an event where it turns out one of your bros is a trans man, and when you somehow find out they're genetically female they're like "so what, I'm as much a man as you are" and then you don't have to change the pronouns in every event because they continue to go by he/him.

Bonus points because some bigot's head would explode when this event happened to their favourite bro 200 days into a campaign and then they would leave a negative Steam review saying the devs ruined the game with SJW propaganda.

:colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wizard Styles posted:

So, chosenhell looks like a fairly decent seed.

Very decent amount of trading goods including one village with two dyemakers and one with gems + salt. Workshops and iron veins where you want them to be. There are some annoyingly placed mountain ranges but great harbor placement kind of makes up for it.

I got chased out of the north by barbarians two days in. :v:

Any citadels with both blast furnace and ore smelter? Maybe even an iron vein?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I'm not looking for 24/7 named items, just places I can buy good stuff for my bros if I should happen to need replacements or tech up in a crisis.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Depending on what he's got equipped, it's possible that he might have missed the gobbo, especially if it was 'above' him.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
BBEdit doesn't work with any mods that add items and/or traits, so be warned. It's a pity, because the Battle Sisters mod (which lets you recruit female mercs, not 40K's battle sisters) has apparently been folded into the Legends mod, and is no longer being updated.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Roobanguy posted:

they should just let you siege towns yourself in noble wars and get compensation from which ever side you give it to.

gently caress it, if you get 90% of the kills you should have the option of seizing the town for yourself.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wizard Styles posted:

Unlike the one above, I actually want this to be balanced. So if anyone would like to playtest this before I upload it, let me know.

I don't know- I have no problems playing an amoral or immoral mercenary, but moral ineptitude is something else.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

You were simply rewarded as a traitor deserves :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wizard Styles posted:

I think the game is telling me to diversify my weapons a bit instead of just having almost everyone on swords and spears.
Took 17 turns and one of my archers used up all of his 30 arrows.

Honestly, I think swords feel a little blah after the first few weeks, after which I have almost everyone with axes or blunt weapons. Anyone else get this feeling?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, that's a big thing about pole weapons. The fighter doesn't have to be your best to contribute quite well.

Isn't that also part of the reason pole-type weapons became so popular IRL as well? After all, when you get right down to it, it's just a pointy stick.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Voyager I posted:

Adding a proper South to the map should make the Barbarian start a little more interesting than only hanging out in the same 5 cities until the first crisis.

Is the South going to be part of the main map, then? Or will it be an entirely new area? I'd been thinking of trying a gimmick playthrough where I travel the land only doing arena fights, and the former seems like it would really limit my options.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

kidkissinger posted:

lol "Handgonne"

If Wikipedia's to be believed, that's what they were actually called.

Also hoping for super-cool named versions of these weapons :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dogstile posted:

If anything i'm just annoyed that it seems like i can't get one myself.

:hmmyes:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nordick posted:

Faster than direwolves (:staredog:), can actually do poo poo vs. armor, inflict bleeding

WELP I'M OUT

WORST DLC EVER

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Exactly; indeed, Mamluks and Janissaries were even powerful enough to become kingmakers. And from what I've seen, the devs do try to make their game somewhat historically realistic with the armour types and weapons (giant acid lizards and whatnot aside), but this whole 'whipping your slaves to make them fite gud' is right out of right-wing propaganda and historical revisionism. Having the opportunity to play Pillar Men gladiators doesn't make up for it, especially now when the history of slavers and their ilk is being reexamined more critically than ever. At best, this is a dumb marketing move, at worst the devs are thumbing their noses at people.