Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
They're used in events by tailors and witch hunters (I think) to create dire wolf armour and antidotes. Dire wolf armour is pretty drat good light armour that has a morale debuff on adjacent enemies, but antidotes are much more niche.

Ratio is two for one item, but you only get one per event so there's never really any point holding on to more than like three or so hides.

Bowyers can also make masterwork bows from a unit of wood (the trade good) when they've levelled up a bunch.

Pretty much everything other than trade goods will sell for considerably less than they're worth, you make up for it with volume. HEY BUDDY WANT TWENTY SLIGHTLY USED WOODEN SHIELDS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
If memory serves, they did abandon BB for a long while after 1.0 / a couple of small hotfixes, complete with a "we're done, no more support" announcement, which upset the community quite a bit and spurred some of the bigger mods to start. The long tail of sales made enough for them to come back and do the expansions which was a pleasant surprise.

Not that there's a huge amount to go on yet, but the trailers and store page for Meance give me strong vibes of Epic 40k / Final Liberation, with hints of an old game nobody played called War Monkeys which was buggy as poo poo. Warmonkeys did the "here's six hundred marines with persistent xp on a spaceship for your entire campaign, now go fight a ground war against rebels and aliens" thing back around 2001ish.

(Other things that game was notable for: being one of the first 3d real-time strategy games to let you switch to direct overhead control of individual units - possibly predating the men of war series, one of the units being an extremely powerful tractor/bulldozer, and the most... bizarrely late 90s intro video / voice acting / music combination I've ever seen)

Also reminds me of a tabletop game called Dirtside, which was similar to Epic 40k (or whatever they were calling it back in the day - Titan Legions or Space Marine Epic or something) but focused on a more contemporary sort of scifi along the vietnam style of conflict with lots of rules for detection, morale, and differentiating casualties between dead and wounded instead of super force fields and city sized robots. Based loosely on the Hammer's Slammers schlocky books of the early 1980s, I think.