Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Pro-tip: doggos wreck alps - just another reason to get some furry friends!

Oh drat, that's a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Now that's a fun toy.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Do a lot of Defend Villages type stuff and benign contracts of the sort, always take the nice option in events (no stealing swords from graves, etc). I've got that level of rep several times because I'm a big softy sellsword.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
120 armour is definitely low by that point. I've been in similar situations come the first crisis and it's survivable but you need to gear up quickly, with any opportunity you can get. Also you will definitely take casualties in the process.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
You can generally buy good armour for around 2000 crowns a pop in my experience, which isn't too bad to amass. You don't need your entire front line in the good stuff by the first crisis, but you do need a few important people outfitted like that at least.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

RabidWeasel posted:

I've been recommending this game to a friend and just so I don't accidentally mislead him does anyone know exactly which features are DLC compared to non DLC? Like, does the base game have backgrounds now and only the raider and beast slayer ones are actually DLC locked?

There are two backgrounds in the base game: the Hoggart start and a 3 average mercs start without the Hoggart hook. Beast slayers are added by the Beasts & Exploration and all the other backgrounds are tied to the new DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

quick question I should know the answer for but don't:

exactly what actions give bros experience? Is it just killing blows or is it anything else?

Doing any damage at all seems to give experience.