Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Bought the game, started on whatever comes after beginner, wiped a squad of 10 twice to 3 of the wolf thingies. Started beginner, barely held off bankruptcy for 17 in-game days, got out-teched by brigands. Died.

Any way to earn money outside of questing? This game seems to punish failure a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This game is seriously addictive.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Trying to keep archers alive is exhausting with every enemy zerging them without regard for their own safety.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RabidWeasel posted:

Not necessarily every level up but almost every +3 or +4 on fatigue yes and if the guy's base fatigue is bad on +2's as well.

Someone on Reddit collated some useful information on backgrounds if you're like me and find browsing data sets fun :v:

Would it completely ruin the game if, and I know I'm on a limb here, you got to see the stats before hiring someone?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
My butcher just cut off the non-hosed pieces of a dead horse for rations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bees everywhere posted:

I wish there was an option between beginner and veteran.

I wish early game armor drops didn't exclusively come from freak accidents. They've had a while to actually test this.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Whoever designed goblins should ask themselves what makes a game fun to play.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Blocking and dodging should cost fatigue. You shouldn't be able to send one guy into twelve and have him go neo from the matrix on them

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Clark Nova posted:

Well yeah, but this is part of the game's abstraction. Only things you actively choose to do (or getting clobbered in the head with a tree branch) cost fatigue. I imagine you'd never be able to do the 12 vs. 40+ fights if it worked like this, so they'd have to set the limit on enemy party scaling a lot lower.

And they couldn't limit enemy party size or increase player party size, because then there would be a lot less retreating or alt+f4 retreating, which the devs obviously think are precious gameplay mechanics.

At 50 hours I'm burning out on this game for all the wrong reasons.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

xthetenth posted:

Yeah, it's less a feeling of loss and more a wistful thought of what could've been.

Same as with FTL imho

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Can't let this slide

FTL was a really fun game that gave you a great content-filled FREE Dlc. They also moved on to this http://store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

They should have made additional DLC or an expansion. Not sure how you could misconstrue "not enough content" but hey.

Also gently caress not-advance-wars the PC game

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wizard Styles posted:

Curious Expedition goes for :10bux: right now at GOG.

The most curious thing about the curious expedition is somehow finding it in you to play again with a slightly different explorer after beating the game once.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

This is pointless drivel, you haven't played the game they started making after giving you a free DLC for FTL and are already de-crying it. Stupid, uninformed, entitled opinions seem to be your gimmick.

Whoa there, I'd say you're getting p.mad about video games for such an obviously well-adjusted person

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yea I agree, was triggered because I could not possible disagree more w/ that person's opinion. I loved FTL, it was a total refreshing surprise of a game and the free dlc was something I appreciated and wish more ppl would imitate.

They should've imitated more content

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I just saw unique armor for 100.000 in an allied Capital city, I was only 80k short, most expensive thing I've seen by far.

If only it was available as paid dlc

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lol little baby is trying so hard, you contribute nothing to this thread except for bad opinions and unfunny jokes.

Atleast you contribute meltdowns. Hope you kept a receipt for those hormones.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
They should make a dlc that removes goblins