Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
I fought a rival mercenary band with a Hedge Knight leading them, who proceeded to one shot one of my brothers before I took him down. It turns out that he was wielding a legendary 2 handed Axe, with a minimum damage one below the MAXIMUM of a regular greataxe :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

instead of murdering kids, i just get my hedge knight to threaten them.

I tried to take that stuff without a hedge knight and succeeded, but ate 3 light wounds and 2 temporary injuries doing so. Little shits are VICIOUS and them growing up to become an enemy merc band could constitute a crisis of its own, a brother even remarked how little he'd want to meet them when they're grown up :stonk:

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Kenzie posted:

I found greatswords less useful against the ancient dead, because of the shields. Flails are ok but it can still be tough to hit them through the shields when they're constantly shieldwalling. I didn't have enough good melee fighters to make it work. And flails are really tiring to use. Having just fought the undead invasion, the tactic that worked best for me was lots and lots of axes. A backline of archers w/ longaxes, frontline of handaxes or fighting axes. My 2handers carried greataxes or hammers.

I actually found the opposite, in that greatswords felt REALLY good against the ancient dead, primarily because split allows you to hit through the shield wall into the inevitable pikeman behind him. Rarely takes more than 2 hits to down one that way I found, and that faction feels a LOT less threatening once the pikes are down. At least my performance against them with 2 greatswords mixed in felt significantly stronger than in a previous game where I didnt really use any other 2 handers.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Seed no. 6 has both melee bros start with survivor :eyepop:

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
^ You and me both buddy, one devastating narrow win against a massive orc army drove my sole surviving 2 hander to drink, hell of a read that event :smith:

Only thing that feels sort of unfinished to me right now is your reputation as a whole, on a 220 day game where I've pretty consistently chosen the "good" options for lack of better work, I'm still at neutral and getting the occasional "kill these peasants and leave none alive" contract offers which I generally refuse. I haven't gotten a good negative reputation campaign really going, but is there at all any noticable effects to it for any of you guys yet?

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Yeah I was refering to the morality like thing, not relations with individual houses/settlements, no problems there!

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
No luck either using a well-established company to look around in the wilderness, right now I'm trying to see if contracts/tavern rumours can related to the blasted things.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/OverhypeStudios/status/1038014593958854656

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Incidentally, I was offered a noble contract yesterday to go to a random location and hunt lindwurms and schrats, paying out for each head to a maximum of 12. As my reward for my early midgame company hunting down up to a dozen of the most dangerous enemies in the game, I was offered... 137 gold per head. I declined.

I've noticed you sometimes get offered to get paid per head for caravans now, cases like yours especially I'd absolutely ask to be paid when the job is done instead, I don't think negotiating payment form gives as much of a relations penalty as flat out asking for better pay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
One strategy I've seen being done for Lone Wolf is to take it literally and actually solo thugs until level 11 before trying to bring in more troops, seems like LW start is guaranteed next to a castle with training hall, where the mid-level training lets you get almost a full level per fight. Would take some tries to get right, but getting a brother near max level that fast certainly looks powerful.