Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
out of curiosity, yall that run light armor builds routinely, what's your preferred armor for these builds? let's exclude especially hard-to-get armors like dire wolf mail for the purposes of this question. i've been using mail shirts but i've never used them heavily so i'm interested in what other people are using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Taerkar posted:

The game REALLY wants me to use crossbows.

scraped off this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AIVdSsP_A

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

just make resolve your dump stat instead, I am sure there will be no issues with doing this ever

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah i've started taking to dropping taunt on 3 brothers on the shield line and giving them spare shields in their pockets.

those shields, uh, become relevant against motherfuckers with axes

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

So if I want a guy who can hit 90 Ranged attack for the achievement, but my map doesn't seem to have any forested communities that spawn hunters, what should I be on the look out for?

witch hunters are basically your only hope.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you get xp for participating (a little) doing damage (some) and delivering killing blows (also some)

it's not enough to bother running down people who are inconvenient.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

FTL was good but i'm still convinced that the supermajority of games it generated weren't winnable in practice :(

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

curious expedition is on my hit list for the sale if i end up with a couple pennies to rub together. that game looks like it owns.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

This is pointless drivel, you haven't played the game they started making after giving you a free DLC for FTL and are already de-crying it. Stupid, uninformed, entitled opinions seem to be your gimmick.

neither the game nor that poster are worth this level of effort

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

how did they change B&B? i haven't played recently and the wiki says it just gives 2 new slots still.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

oh so it's back to its former glory of pre 1.0?

that OWNS.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i've seriously never gotten the appeal of opening the loving boxes on a caravan. i mean yeah sure you could have a very nice payday if you roll well and everything comes up daisies. but if you don't roll well and poo poo goes south it usually goes south in such a way that people die. i can always go out and get more money, it's a lot harder to replace a good soldier after the first ~10 days, when you slowly start weeding out the abject morons.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

pathfinder's one of those perks that you absolutely adore most of the time you are raising a brother up through the ranks, and then slowly begin to resent when he gets to the point where he can at least pretend to stand on his own

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i should be more clear; it's less that it becomes less useful, and more that its value decreases over time relative to other choices. pathfinder on a fresh recruit means they stay with the group and stay less vulnerable, pathfinder on a level 10 guy with heavy armor and a good shield means that...i dunno, he's one hex behind. he's not so vulnerable that he can't afford to be one step behind the group, especially if that one hex means that he has another weapon mastery or another defensive perk he wouldn't have had otherwise, which is now stacking on his numerous levels to probably add a substantial percentage bonus.

dudes who routinely use a two-hand option get way more benefit though since it'll frequently be the difference between being able to attack that round and not, though, so that's part of the equation here too.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 1, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

training hall doesn't have enough of an effect to really be worth it imo. it's useful for bringing newbies up to speed with an established company but not helpful otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you can sometimes get substantially more based on the modality of your ask - doing a patrol for heads, for example, can get you a lot more sometimes. beyond that, the reputation is more worth it even if you don't plan on visiting very often. negotiation will rarely get you more than a few extra crowns before things get iffy. if your operating costs in the short term are being cut so close that those few crowns will matter, you have hosed up pretty bad.