Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I am now feeling immense love for flails after getting two of them really early on, I gave them to my two melee companions (with 70+ melee attack) and it has lead to significant harvests of good quality armour through decapitation of raiders. I just need a longaxe now so that I can have somebody behind them break shields and facilitate the head removal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

So something that I just ran into, if you have a couple of archers do not be afraid to fight a single orc berserker, they are lethal but completely unarmoured. If you steal their chain? Stick that thing on some well armoured guy with good stamina and watch him just walk up to people then execute them. It is like a Flail x2, admittedly also x2 the stamina cost.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

According to a developer interview I watched it is based off the wealth/power of your company and the date, so if you dick around with three beggers using knives for 100+ days then the end crisis will still come for you, but it will take longer than if you have a platoon of knights.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

Zombies don't actually need a head to get up sadly.

I thought that regular zombies did, but that fallen heroes could get back up without a head?

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

As a note the patch just now?

Has broken all seeds.

Edit:

MAFQJEMLHA

Spear bro is Loyal and Iron Lungs

Axe bro is Athletic and Iron Lungs

Crossbow bro has bad stats and is Cocky and Deathwish (dammit)

Also from a quick look the map looks good, I really want to try out that Athletic + Iron Lungs guy especially given he starts with 59 ** Melee.

Patrat fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

I like the new weapons a lot. They are fun and useful. I also like the new retreat in theory, but in practice im not so sure. I didn't like taking injuries on all bros, since that is financially devastating, but I also don't like not being able to guarantee my bros all escape, especially since running from goblin wolves or men with dogs isn't going to work, meaning I can't escape a wipe or severe losses.

I also don't like hexens. I don't know how to kill them since they put hexes out every turn and my guys die if I hit them. There's also no way to counter them since you can't really do anything when bros are switching sides every turn.

I aslo don't like Schrats since they have forever health and defense and there's nothing you can do to avoid tons of damage.

I like the spiders, alps, and unholds though, they are all fun and cool.

I have so far only fought the spiders and the unholds. Spiders are pretty okay to fight, they have their tricks but even a low level band can handle them if you do not get over extended. Spear walls work nicely.

Unholds are really fun and a good mixup, the way they throw people around and barge into formations greatly rewards mobility perks and things like Quick Hands along with melee weapons on ranged characters. Also they are huge bags of hitpoints who seem immune to crippling effects so they are a good reason to bring swords and bows rather than things like flails that are great vs human foes.