Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Is it just me or has the game gotten a bit more naked since release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

One thing I'm only really now starting to appreciate is the importance of cover and positioning vs. ranged fire.

I know I've boo-hoo'd about it before, but brigand marksmen really need looked at. They're pretty much always the first to move, and their first act is usually to launch a hail of laser accurate long-range arrows at whichever brother has the weakest ranged defence. Makes levelling up rookies a total crapshoot, since the A.I will frequently kill/severely injure them before they even get a chance to poke a spear.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Spakstik posted:

What's the trick to dealing with orc warriors? More hammers? Most of my dudes are armed with khopeshes, but even with their armor damage bonus it still takes forever to whittle down a warrior's plating. One or two warriors are fine, but this mission I'm on has four of them.

Ya got three options:

1) Big loving hammers.
2) Overwhelm/Fearsome spam.
3) Lay into the big cunts with maces until they're exhausted.

Tricky Option #4) Throw nets over them and shoot them to death with crossbows.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Nordick posted:

There are some backgrounds I try to avoid due to the nasty events they generate, like thieves or killers-on-the-run.

A bunch of nobles and militia show up to donate their weapons and armour. What's bad about that?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Orc Warriors are formiddable but they tire super easy and they are pretty cowardly. Fling a net over them to stop them getting the charge, and bash the poo poo out of them with cudgels. Watch them be reduced to a big dumb metal potato that raises a big dumb metal shield now and again. Do not ever break the shield. Ever.

Also god drat is it satisfying in this game when you play enemies offa each other. I just bust an Orc City by kiting a bunch of necrosavants into it and holy poo poo what a goddamned mess. By the time they'd finished wailing on each other the Grafenhaven Dance Crew just had to stab a single orc Warlord in the face to collect their 6000 crowns.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Lift weapons off the dead when you kill them. That way even if they rise again they're reduced to biting, which is effectively negligible against an armoured and shielded line.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
The AI prioritises hitting dogs, which means they are perfect as emergency ablative armour. Guy taking a whupping? Throw out a dog or two. Guy in over his head? Throw out a dog. Need to screen a wounded dude from archers so he can limp away? Dogs. Need to stagger a tidal wave of orcs into manageable portions? Dogs are nature's speedbump, my friend.

Once I get a company rolling, I am basically buying out a kennel's entire supply of dogs every time I roll through down. Expensive, but much cheaper than replacing a valuable brother + all his gear.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

ZombieLenin posted:

It is in New Zealand.

sɹǝɥʇoɹq ǝlʇʇɐq

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
- You can take weapons off of downed weidergangers and heroes, so when they get back up they're unarmed.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
poo poo man I lost count of the number of noble houses I curbstomped just because their livery looked kinda like my company colours and I wanted to look official.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Tempted to do an all dagger run. Probably a terrible idea, but it sounds like a fun gimmick against orcs or similarly heavily armored groups.

It works really well if you go for dagger mastery, that perk that makes dudes frightening and overwhelm. You end up with a never-ending torrent of discombobulating stabs. A horrifying sewing machine that draws dudes in and flenses them as they flail around in confusion.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Also kinda weird when GUSTAV THE BLOODTHIRSTY is a Davkul-worshipping veteran of 200+ hideous combats and is responsible for more deaths than typhoid, but he'll still wig out and get nervous when some scratter you hired the day before yesterday to ping arrows at the enemies gets killed. Motherfucker is wearing the skin of a dragon he personally beat to death with a magic sledgehammer he wrestled an orc for, why does he give a poo poo about some asthmatic midget beggar?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Secure herbalist grove mission.
Get second part, where caravan goes out to repair and rebuild it.
4-Hexe 1-Unhold team attacks caravan, I hit flee.
Party has totally disappeared from the map.
I keep getting one event over and over, where my grave robber finds a bunch of gems.
My party is rich, but also intangible.

Has anyone else noticed that the game is buggy and unstable as gently caress since the update? Like, it's now a 50% chance whether it'll actually load, I've had to refight hard battles due to crashes on finish multiple times and now my party are spooky jewellers. poo poo ain't cool, yo.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
BIG. loving. MACES.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Gobblecoque posted:

Oh man, I found the horse-diddler and he's got 3 stars in melee skill and defense. This filly fiddler is gonna be the champion of my company.

Man with Crossbow hears you and laughs.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

golden bubble posted:

The first European handgonne appears when the greatsword (Oakeshott Type XIIIa) is reaching maximum popularity. Handgonnes are already being replaced by arquebuses by the time zweihanders become popular. The game is more than ready for an early modern DLC.

New Crisis: Conquistadores.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Would quite like to maybe fight these new dudes on something other than a featureless field tbh.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Unholds are easy enough to beat. It's rehabbing the 400 injuries that's the problem.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
"A new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil"

That's it. That's all they've said. Maybe save the woke garment rending until they've actually Done A Racism.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
There's no option to roleplay as a vaguely well-meaning but ultimately inert computer toucher. This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I've been seeing way more uniques since the DLC launched. Not just in the city states, but in every city. Of course a unique weapon doesn't count unless you've wrestled it from someone's cold, dead hands so I have declined.

Although the handgonne with extra armour penetration was very tempting...