Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

a lot of the "retrieve X" missions have you retrieving the thing before battle starts, so you can just run away and still complete the contract if theres a ton of skeletons or w/e that you're not prepared to fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

How does decapitate work, is it just a random chance when struck with a decapitate-capable weapon? I had a dude get decapitated who I thought had pretty good head/body armor but the combat log just says "brigand thug killed fritz" with no damage data

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I wrote a beginner's guide that's a bit outdated but should help, it's on Steam.

Is it all pretty much still applicable or are there some things that got totally revamped?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

The trick to fighting Alps is to make sure each bro has a dog. The dogs will make short work of the nightmares each turn.

sometimes a dog will run off after an alp on the other side of the map and the alps will turn it into a out-of-reach ghost factory until it dies :spooky:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Dogs seem great against orc warriors too. If the warrior plows through my frontline and starts hitting a ranged or polearm dude I just have the ranged or polearm dude Footwork back a step and drop a dog where they were standing. Now the orc warrior is easier to hit and as far as I've seen they will never attack the dog if there's a human in range

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I feel like this whole controversy could be avoided by losing the game's anthropocentrism and making the slavers rat people or elves

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Fisticuffs Fellowship

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Acrimony.Amigos

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

its looking pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Nordick posted:

I think it's very very cool that notable video game person and all around cool dude Josh Sawyer, a.k.a. SA forums user Ropekid, gives Battle Brothers shoutouts on social media and also streams it on Twitch from time to time.

https://twitch.tv/710830879

where did it go