Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wartales might have some potential, but the game is a long way from being complete or good. What I love about BB is how attached you grow to your brothers, cause they all have their own (although generic) backstory, their perks and talents. And they can trigger events, depending on their background. A hedge knight and a raider having a manly talk by the fire, is still one of my favorite events in any game. In Wartales all your recruits are faceless nobodies who are in need of some serious XCom/BB customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Genghis Cohen posted:

I don't think there is a Workshop? I used Nexus Mods - site horribly filled with ads, but it does actually work and BB mods are super easy, just placing text files inside the right folder.

Speaking of Mods, this here is useful:

http://www.adammil.net/blog/v133_Battle_Brothers_mod_kit.html

It's the site of the guy who in 2019 figured out how to decrypt/encrypt the .cnut files that BB is using for all it's config/script files and he wrote some tools for it. There's also a guide and how to do it, so you can make your own mini mods like increasing the company size, level cap and pretty much everything else that exists in the game's config. Ofc similar mods are available on Nexus, but this is really nice to make your own adjustments and Adam is the reason why better mods became possible a couple years ago.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 28, 2021

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

punishedkissinger posted:

on a helmet with a flagpole attached

Fantasy Japan DLC pls:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I got this guy in my current campaign. Huge+Brute, so flail duelist, right??