Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, the only Rune Factory I own! I had a surprisingly monetarily successful run going on around when the last LP attempt at this game was made, but that save file lies forgotten now that Stardew Valley's around.

Anywho, call the protagonist Cena for... reasons. And The Lucha Farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd change my vote to Link, except Link doesn't talk. :colbert:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'd say the characters (especially most of the bachelorettes) are the weak point of this game. I think in my last run I decided to try wooing Sakuya because her gimmick is one of the less grating ones IMO.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's another character that I thought was funny (especially considering one of the game mechanics), but unfortunately isn't a bachelor/ette. :(

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's one I remember that I found useful, but it's not for combat.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad Evelyn isn't a bachelorette :( Even her quirk makes some sense considering one of the game mechanics.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

P. sure Raven's the only reason Gaius isn't a skeleton hammering out axes.

If Gaius was a skeletal blacksmith he'd be even cooler.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ain't no rules says a skeleton can't be a bachelor(ette).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fishing is a great way to make money... As long as you don't somehow luck into getting multiples of a certain very valuable seed... Although you can still fish so you just make even more money.

My run was super crazy, I suppose it makes sense (in a way... maybe) I became ultra rich when trying to woo Sakuya.

Also I had no idea about being able to stand still to regain some SP. I guess it might have helped in the early days when I still had RF1-levels of RP.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Last Transmission posted:

You don't need to make the left set of statues face each other for progress. They are a recent addition by our local over-enthusiastic artist, after all.

Really? That's a great touch!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure why, but when I read the dialogue through screenshots it's a lot more charming than when I was playing myself.

*takes another sip from his All-Natural Pure Organic Mineral Sharance Water™*

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually, the sheep can use enemies as weapons against other enemies. Fun times.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Call the sheepWooly Ravio and a cowBuffamoo Heffer.

ne: oh, and Evelyn's way of making clothing actually makes a lot of sense if you think about how crafting works!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What are you talking about? RF3 spells are way awesome (except the wind ones maybe, which seem better when the monsters use'em against you). They pretty much obliterate everything. I won't say they're definitely better than melee but they're at least on par.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a really hard choice. I'm glad it's still not vote time cause I gotta think about it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

gmq posted:

Romance everyone, marry the rainbow.

Chase the rainbow

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
She's not a mermaid, she's a bath. Get it together people. :rolleyes:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's funny how the girls I disliked the most in my own playthroughs are now my favorites.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Repeatedly pressing the 'random page' button on the RF wiki brought me to Sakuya surprisingly quickly, so she gets my vote.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well oddly enough most people don't care much about Sakuya, so let's put some salt on the wounds and propose to her sister Pia.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just realized that I should have went after Pia in my playthroughs (not that I ever got far enough in the story to actually marry anyone) for the additional reason that Link and Pia's children would be able to turn into sheep-fish (or so I decided), which is pretty close to a goat-fish (ie a Capricorn, my sign).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As a tribute to its Harvest Moon origins the final boss is farming.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm imagining all that work, only to find that Pia was just holed up in the women's baths preparing the perfect Newlyweds Bath, which happened to involve picking some herbs from next to the ruin entrance.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, in an old Genesis game called Crusader of Centy (or Soleil in Europe) at some point you need to fight Leviathan, a sort of water dragon godlike being, and it ends up he was just testing you (except instead of kidnapping your fiance he makes an image of your mom that you need to avoid hitting while fighting him, also no forcing amnesia on you). Kinda similar, except Leviathan looks much less lovely in the end.

e: oh man, now that I think about it, CoC/Soleil also touches on themes of bigotry/monsters not being as bad as you'd originally thought and stuff

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, really, (and boy it pains me to say this) Pia and Raven shouldn't be in the game. At least not in the human city. It goes against the whole concept of the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

That just means that the plot is stupid :colbert:

True. To compensate us for this bad plot they should make a side-game chronicling Pia's war on the Squidiverse.

• Locked thread