Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
If I remember correctly, in RF4 you can upgrade your fishing pole with squid (or any fish) to make it more likely to catch that fish. I'm not sure if that works in RF3 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

hey girl you up posted:

:ohdear:

(Does this mean you can go wild with a magic build?)

Starting in RF3 you pretty much can, yeah. Since RP now scales beyond 100, and the costs scale down, you can go hog wild pretty early. That, and food can restore RP pretty well in a pinch.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

McGavin posted:

Pia

I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it.

This is the correct choice. Pia it is.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

hey girl you up posted:

I... I don't think that is true.

Yeah, going by the etymology, it was originally a throwing fork, and likely what Shino used in her line of work.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

Thanks for sticking with the lp and getting all the way to the end!

Personally I'd say that the RF/HM formula peaked in Stardew Valley. It's a way better game in nearly every respect and lacks the annoying Japanese tropes.

I heartily disagree. RF is much more freeform with its crafting and has much better dungeons, combat, and enemy variety. I like a lot of Stardew's systems, but it feels so bare bones when contrasted with the RF series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

I find RF's crafting systems to be super tedious, since you have to grind a ton and all it really does is "numbers go up more" with a few exceptions like the water walking shoes. SV's gear still upgrades but in fewer steps without spending hours hunting down ingredients to grind the skill up.

Fair, though RF4 adds a lot more weapon customization with things like weapon range, drop rates, status ailments, etc. You get a lot of freedom under its crafting system compared to its predecessors. Don't get me wrong, SV is great, but it's a very different experience and its gameplay focus is away from exploring and conquering areas and more towards building up your home area (which is really cool and the biggest thing RF lacks, since you can't really customize RF's upgrades).

• Locked thread