Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Oh man I love the Rune Factory series! RF4 is in my top 10 list of favorite games! Too bad the company folded after it was released :smith: I know Stardew Valley exists, but I actually really like the action-RPG parts of the games and it didn't quite scratch that? The forging shenanigans in RF4 were pretty great.

But yeah for this game. Ho boy, the characters are definitely something. It's nice they went all out to define the like 10 plus characters and give them all their own quests and storylines but man I am personally glad they decided to dial it back a notch for RF4 .hint hint Fire Emblem I remember being pleasantly surprised by Raven, though I think I went for Sakuya since I felt her :10bux: gimmick fit with the whole farm business/making insane amounts of money.

Speaking of which, I am fully expecting you to never have any money issues at all after like the first month since it is ridiculously easy to get a few thousand from just "cooking" turnips, the most basic crop, with your hands. Each pickled turnip is 480 g which adds up ridiculously quickly with how many crops an average harvest is AND its really easy to go straight from level 1 to max level seeds in this game. And once you can get the other cooking implements, money--especially from fish--just skyrockets exponentially. Having ALL THE MONEY also helps with combat since the magic store's list of spells is randomized and you can get access to like endgame spells in your first week and afford them then thanks to :10bux: TO go back to RF4 i definitely feel that game had a much saner money and seed level and general progress curve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Ashsaber posted:

Also buying cooking oil in bulk, making fire spells your ultimate weapon. Whoo boy, thats the poo poo.

:getin: It was the third level fire spell that was being sold in the shop Week 2

• Locked thread