Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

dancingbears posted:

I played the poo poo out of this game, and I completely forgot Collette even existed. :psyduck:

I entirely forgot she's even more of a one-note character than I remembered. FOOD MUST EAT GOTTA EAT FOOD.

Totally going to vote for her when the "who to woo" category comes up to really rub it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

All the parents (aside from the not obvious outlier) are pretty sane in this town. Sherman gets a pass because his family has been basically insane from the start and he's just continuing the trend.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I'm sure someone's going to fill that niche and make not-Rune Factory, the bat-poo poo insane but loveable anime spiritual sequel. We're due for a IN SPAAAAACE reproduction, I think!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Leraika posted:

This is the spot where I really started not liking Sofia, apropos of nothing. I could kind of buy the gimmick as something she does to mess with people, but keeping it up even when she's feeling directly threatened not only strains credibility but also raises all sorts of issues about things like consent that probably shouldn't be in a silly game about henshin sheep. The whole thing just comes off as really creepy to me.

Yes, I'm thinking about it too hard, but that scene would have been SO MUCH BETTER WRITTEN imho if it'd just had her break character to show that this was a serious issue.

What I feel they were going for was Sofia getting so flustered she couldn't break kayfabe after the suitor misunderstood her the first couple times. As you point out, though, it's easily interpreted differently and could have been handled better.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Summer typhoons kinda put a huge damper on actually making a go at crop farming because they're so frigging frequent. I think I gave up on growing them in the second summer.

• Locked thread