Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Aerial cinematographer" is a hell of a spin on "drone operator"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

quote:

Hello everyone!
We are seeking a hand-on, reliable individual to assistant in making some epic 1900's-inspired Munch Paintings come to life for upcoming European fashion magazine submissions.

The lost work of the Art Nouveau Period get a rebirth in some pretty awesome fashion statements that will eventually get seen around the globe. The women, our models, recently hand-selected to be in these shoots, conjure up a new opulent statement for women in the 21 Century.

We need an reliable & fun assistant, student or fashion enthusiast to volunteer , & BE CREDITED, in some images that will take your breath away.

We are looking at 3 formal shoot days, shooting most the day. This is non paying; BUT nevertheless will provide you with free dynamic images, credit & experience to work with people in the high fashion business over 30 years!

Please send us information about yourself ASAP, so we can meet you & you can have an awesome time on set with us.

WE NEED ON 1 or 2 individuals for this gig....please don't hesitate in applying now! Thanks, everyone!!!
no pay:

"High fashion" for 30 odd years, in $oHo, NYC, but somehow not a dime to spare for 3 days of work. And this is work, a standard fashion day is around 10 hours. I have assisted on fashion gigs before, one 8-10 hour day netted about 4-5 features & a cover photo for Cosmo; 3 days, it better be the most haute couture poo poo & on the cover of Vogue.

This is a prime target for my ghost protocol: apply for an unpaid 'internship', get it because I'm comically overqualified, then cancel the night before because "i got a paying job".

quote:

Crew needed asap for low budget reality TV pilot. Had people lined up but an emergency forced them to drop out last minute. We need to hire an extra camera person, audio person, and a swing camera/lighting person, also possibly an extra PA and set photographer. Need someone with full equipment list to shoot reality style tv show. This ideally includes 2 cameras or camcorders that can do full HD, 2 wireless LAVs with receivers, shotgun mic and boom, two tripods and potentially a monopod or hand held steadicam mount, some lighting and grip stuff, some on camera lights, audio mixer, external audio recorder. This is for a reality pilot for a very high profile Hollywood family (a la 'keeping up with the kardashins' or 'Walhburgers'). More info will be given if you are selected. Please include what it is you would like to do and what equipment you have. All positions are paid but the majority of payment will be deferred. That being said all expenses, food, and lodging will be covered. The shoot dates are from the 8th to the 13th, so please be free and able to work all of those dates, as we will likely be staying in up state New York and may not be able to come back to the city until we finish shooting. As I said earlier the main positions that need to be filled are camera, audio, and lighting/camera swing, ideally with their own equipment which we can negotiate extra rental fees. We will also potentially be hiring a set photographer and some PA's, and if you don't feel comfortable doing camera work but have access to equipment feel free to mention what you have available. In order to help sort through the emails please put 'Reality Crew' in the subject line as well as the position you would like to be considered for, and don't forget to list any equipment you have available. Rates will be discussed if we contact you, thank you very much.

Gee, I wonder why most of a crew might cancel a job?!? Might have something to do with deferred payment, aka you only get paid if the show gets picked up/funded.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh i love that 2nd one. "payment will be deferred" is a new one on me

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yes, because I can't count the jobs where I have to bring my own swing lighting and overheads.

I can't even start to wrap my head around the metric ton of equipment that would be classified as "grip stuff" either. Like, do you want me showing up with full scaffolds or...

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I really want to know how many of these "jobs" get takers and how many just have the advertiser get no response or only negative responses and they complain to everyone about all the haters.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

quote:

Editorial Fashion Photographer seeking Upbeat Interns in NYC

Duties Include:

Assisting with office management tasks such as:
- scanning films
- dropping off/picking up equipment
- sending emails
- marketing research
- organizing the studio

Setup and breakdown of backdrops and lighting for shoots
Assist the photographers during photo shoots
Posting to social medias accounts

Skills of our ideal candidate:

Familiarity with all current social media platforms and their creative capabilities
Can work effectively as a team member and constructively taking feedback as needed
Experience working in a photo studio and high volume photo shoots
Candidate should be proficient in the following programs:- Mac OX- Photoshop- Lightroom
Also helpful if has experience with basic photo retouching

Other Requirements:

Must be able to commute to NYC office/studios
Must be able to bring own laptop to work
Enjoys meeting new people and interacting in a professional manner
Works well in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work a few days a week
This is an unpaid position

Please submit a link to digital portfolio with resume submissions, otherwise you will not be considered.
Email:

Job Type: Unpaid Internship

Job Location: New York City, NY

Required experience: Photography: 1 year
no pay:

Got that $oho money for an office & studio, not a dime for one person doing 3 different jobs. Also make sure you bring your own laptop to your not-job :frogout:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

quote:

Hello guys!

I am the head of photography for a festival in Hoboken May 18. I am looking for 6 photographers to be on my team. The festival would take place in Hoboken NJ. It is on May 18 (rainy day 19)

The festival would run the whole day pretty much. I am looking to have 3 for the am part and 3 for the pm part. unfortunately there won't be any money. (I am not making any as well) everything is volunteer work.

So far there are about 8K register people in it. Would be a great way to meet innovators and ppl where you can get business a well.

Let me know if interested and can talk about it more in detail. Also, I shoot a lot of events and fly drones as well, if everything works outs well I could use an extra hand for different jobs as well.

Thank you so much guys!
no pay:

This is especially ironic after the Fyre Festival fiasco last week. working for networking opportunities is a new one, to me.

quote:

Hello All!

I'll try to be as descriptive as possible so I attract the right people.

I'm looking to build a team of creative people. I myself am an all around creative person who dabbles in all things creative. If I try at it, I'm usually pretty good at it. I want to surround myself around similar people.

What I'm looking for is videographers, photographers, dancers, writers, singers, sound engineers, musicians and everyone in between. I'm looking for us to to collaborate on each others projects to help each other bring our brands to the top. I have my own brand, but I don't mind collaborating. I'd love to bring people on board to my brand as well.

My brand is still new but I'm trying to make it a multifaceted organization that is a platform for artists to be themselves with no restrictions. I can explain better later, but I need to know you're interested in joining me on the journey to the top first.

I don't mind emails, but it's better to text me.

This is not a "Pay me for my services" thing, it's a team work thing. We'll make money as a team, split it as a team and celebrate our victories at a team. So if you're looking at this as me trying to pay you to be a part of the team... please don't message me.
no pay:

Weird how this undecided, 'all around creative type' knows exactly who else needs to work for free, indefinitely, so their brand succeeds :shrug:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Some Delaware music fest wanted fans to pay $500 for the privilege of shooting the concerts for them

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Firefly is loving joke and this is about in line with their normal antics to separate bougie white kids from their money.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

quote:

We are looking for a photographer to shoot models wearing our clothing in NYC.

We are a men's fashion brand based out of NYC, our clothing is currently sold in major retailers such as Forever 21, Saks, Nordstroms, Foot Action, Zumiez etc. This is a great way for you to build your portfolio and gain experience in the fashion and photography world.

Full credit will be given to you for the images that we use as well as a degree of freedom and creative control over the creative direction of the shoots.

Please reply with some portfolio shots/ some past work you've done, links to current social media accounts, and your availability.

*This will be an unpaid photo shoot for experience and your own exposure only.
no pay:

Back in my day, you could get paid for shooting advertising for clothing brands :corsair:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to know what the take up rate on these offers is? I guess unless you know someone in the org or keep seeing the same ad over and over again, it would be hard to guess accurately, but my feeling is that there probably are a lot of people lining up to shoot for free. Especially for low overhead stuff like the fashion one above.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Helen Highwater posted:

Is there any way to know what the take up rate on these offers is? I guess unless you know someone in the org or keep seeing the same ad over and over again, it would be hard to guess accurately, but my feeling is that there probably are a lot of people lining up to shoot for free. Especially for low overhead stuff like the fashion one above.

I would imagine there's a lot, but at the same time i'll see the same ad posted over and over. So either they're getting flagged and reposting, or they're getting a ton of subpar work from hacks and they're chasing the excellent work/free unicorn. The only thing they're losing is time, really.

quote:

Rush Call - BTS Videographer/ Photographer - creative gigs

New York City, n/a

In need of someone to take BTS video and photos of a game show hosted Derek Luke Science Genius B.A.T.T.L.E.S. Need to start immediately. The job will be a few hours each today through Friday, snapping photos and videos of pre-production and the premiere of the event. Must bring your own gear, DSLR preferred. Credit will be provided. The event is for a good cause bringing Celebrity judges, A-List Choreographers, and top scientists to help these students express their knowledge of science in a cool way through hip hop battles. Email if interested.
no pay:

quote:

Established photographer in bushwick looking for a cool sidekick. I need an apprentice that I can show the ropes of the business. Looking for someone I can take on shoots and someone I can train. I have a very unique style of editing and I am willing to teach this to my apprentice. Preferably looking for someone still in school but anyone who has the passion for photography and is energetic works just the same. We will be meeting once a week on the weekend for several hours, but must be able to commit 3-4 hours a week with editing and skype meetings in addition to the day. You will also be shooting (extras, behind the scenes, etc.) So you will be required to be onsite with shoots at various locations. This person will need to have their own camera and laptop/computer. You will be utilizing the Adobe suite of editing software, which will be supplied to you if you do not already have it.

THIS IS AN UNPAID APPRENTICESHIP

This skills I will be teaching you, is what you will be getting in exchange for your services assisting with my processes. This apprenticeship is designed to take you to the next level, teaching you industry standard methods and procedures in both shooting and editing. This position will give you an understanding of the setup-shooting-editing-delivery workflow in practical, real-world, money-making scenarios.

In addition to industry standard work, I do a lot of conceptual photography which I will also be teaching to this apprentice. You can see this and my industry standard work on my website MVMETZ.COM, or my INSTAGRAM: mikeVmetz.

In your response please tell me about yourself, your current level/experience and long term goals in photography, as well as why you think you would be a good apprentice. I also want to see your current skillset so please submit 3-4 photos of, yes that’s right the hardest subject of all, yourself! These should be images that you have shot yourself, (not selfies holding the camera) but actual photos using either the camera timer or remote control. At least one of the photos should be edited in some way, either creatively, or standard tweaking.

This guy is great because the photos accompanying the ad are firmly in the HDR/babby's first multiple exposure self-portrait phase, and somehow he needs an unpaid intern for thoroughly mediocre work.

quote:

Hello,

I am a blogger looking for a photographer for sometime tomorrow afternoon. I am looking for this specifically :

1. No more than $50 charge per look. I am an up and coming blogger so I don't have a lot of money for photography yet.

2. Be able to send me your Instagram account with pictures you've done so I can see your work. I will NOT respond if you've got no prior work to show.

3. Be able to send me the raw images the same day. It's frustrating to feel like you are begging a photographer for your own pictures.

I am able to do minimum two looks,maximum of three per shoot.

Anytime from 3PM-5:30PM will work great tomorrow

quote:

We are looking for a photographer to shoot models wearing our clothing in NYC.

We are a men's fashion brand based out of NYC, our clothing is currently sold in major retailers such as Forever 21, Saks, Nordstroms, Foot Action, Zumiez etc. This is a great way for you to build your portfolio and gain experience in the fashion and photography world.

Full credit will be given to you for the images that we use as well as a degree of freedom and creative control over the creative direction of the shoots.

Please reply with some portfolio shots/ some past work you've done, links to current social media accounts, and your availability.

*This will be an unpaid photo shoot for experience and your own exposure only.
no pay:

Hey, we're carried in stores that charge money for our clothes, but we uhhhh don't have any money to spare.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 31, 2017

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

A photographer on reddit got this email about adding a condition for a refund to their wedding contract:

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Doggles posted:

A photographer on reddit got this email about adding a condition for a refund to their wedding contract:

This broke, so I'm guessing you meant this?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Imagine planning your divorce before you even organise the marriage.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

red19fire
May 26, 2010

quote:

Photographer with large, cool studio LOOKING FOR intern/assistant (Farmingdale)

compensation: $50 per gig to assist

So here's the deal. I'm a photographer with a brand new and very cool studio. You don't have to believe me. Come and meet me and see the room. I've got an amazing selection of lighting and modifiers, a lot of grip and gear that makes a shoot flow and get things done simply, a great vibe, and a lighting guy (me) that concentrates on lighting and the manipulation of light to create beautiful and dynamic images.

The studio had a dedicated area for headshots, 2 additional shooting zones that adapt and change per the shoot, and a large area to shoot full length fashion.

Right. Now you want to know about pay. If you're excited about photography and learning how to better use gear, as well as hanging out in a cool studio with a pretty cool photographer, then this may a good deal for you. I can't pay a salary and I'm not looking for someone that will put in any set hours. As an intern that wants to learn, you can be here whenever I'm here, which is most of the time, and you can be present on some photo shoots. As an assistant, I'll need you to help out on large agency shoots that go for about 8 hours, usually on a Saturday. In addition to the experience you'll get, I'll pay you $50 cash the day of the shoot. I love to have fun, so even though we work hard, we have fun and always create great photos.

If any of this sparks your interest and you'd like to see the studio, give me a call or send a message.

You can see some of my work on my website: http://robertmitchellphotography.com

"hanging out in a cool studio' as a form of payment :negative:

Even the cheapest, shittiest hacks know that an assistant is invaluable, and clients absolutely pay attention to the quality of assistants. Also, it's only like $200 per day for a reasonably competent assistant.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Yond Cassius posted:

This broke, so I'm guessing you meant this?

Not even like "divorce in the first 30 days after the wedding ".

"Ever" get a divorce. 25 years from now? Better pay up!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Zero One posted:

Not even like "divorce in the first 30 days after the wedding ".

"Ever" get a divorce. 25 years from now? Better pay up!

Imagine being the lawyer who sits in a room with these two to draft their obviously existent prenup.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Ernie. posted:

Imagine being the lawyer who sits in a room with these two to draft their obviously existent prenup.

He doesn't get paid unless they actually divorce, because otherwise they clearly didn't need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

underage at the vape shop posted:

E: I'm not 100% sure on UQ's stance, but another Brisbane uni, QUT, requires that their students be paid a wage if they aren't there purely for education. My friend got paid to do an internship because he was the one sitting in the datacenter at night and was responsible for fixing it if it went down. The datacenter served international clients and needed 24 hour reliability so it was a real job.

I moved around a few subclips in PremierePro and got paid over thirty bucks an hour. I felt bad taking the money, but I took it. If you're at uni and you're not getting paid, you're doing it wrong.

• Locked thread