Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
Remember "HELLO THIS IS I R S"? That was me. How about "I'm calling from the Windows 10 Technical Team. Your computer has a virus. Would you like me to walk you through how to fix it, now?" Also me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
People ask me if it's difficult to do so many different accents, but that's easy. The difficult part is dialing all the numbers.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit

You will never catch me, as I can impersonate many individuals, on the phone.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Me (talking in normal voice): Hello, I would like a Bud Light.
Guys at the bar: It's the spam guy, let's get him!
Me (indian accent): Actually, make it a Kingfisher.
Guys at the bar: ....where did he go??

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

google THIS posted:

Director: Ok, now in this scene, you're really concerned that there's something wrong with a credit card account belonging to the person you're calling, and you can't fix it without the card number. And the security code, the billing address, so on and so on, you know the drill. Anytime.

Me: (reading from script) "Hello, I'm calling in regards to your Visa account. We've noticed that..." Wait, what's my motivation here? I don't understand the character.

Director: You're a guy who wants to commit identity theft.

Me: But why? What made me this way? Childhood trauma? A woman who broke my heart? What's my backstory? What drives me?

Director: Look, you don't need a backstory, just read the drat--

Me: I can't work in these conditions. I'll be in my trailer. Come and get me when you've found some real writers.

lol

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

UncleMoeLester posted:

So is there really a Nigerian prince who needs my money?

No, it's me, the voice actor, who can sound like a Nigerian prince.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
I spent over six months living with a real Nigerian prince to learn the details of how he spoke.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
Young people come up to me all the time and ask how they can break into the spam game, but when I give them a list of the classes I took a Juilliard, all of a sudden they decide they want to do something else with their lives.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

UncleMoeLester posted:

Well you have a really good prince impression
Good job my friend

Thank you, it's called Method Acting. It took 30 years for me to become a Nigerian prince, but it was worth it to perfect my impression of one

----------------

• Locked thread